These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #41
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Checking out some of Billy's stuff. Stumbled upon this String Cheese Incident cover. Pretty sweet.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:37 PM   #42
Garntd

Goose released a new Ted Tapes album today (on vinyl as well) - soundcheck jams from 2019 and 2020

Vinyl Campaign: [Only registered users can see links.]
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #43
Define Dancing

Quote:
I haven't seen SCI in quite a while. Became a fan after I saw them open for the Flecktones in 1998, then bought their newly released record that year "Round The Wheel" and just fell in love with their mix of folk, rock, jam, and bluegrass and they had this fun and carefree quirky approach and they never seemed to take themselves too seriously. Nershi's playing on acoustic is so fucking crisp. Also remember long ago on the boards people wanting Kang to replace Boyd.
I've seen SCI seven times, and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself every time. The most recent was fall of 2018, and they were still bringing the heat. I fucking love that band. The vibes are always so great at their shows, and the musicianship is top notch. And, to your point about Kang/Boyd, the first time I heard SCI I remember thinking to myself "So, this is what an actual fiddle player sounds like." Imagine how good DMB would sound with Kang.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #44
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Motet just released a new cover with Nigel Hall filling in as lead singer:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 02-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #45
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

That goose 2021 is sooooo tasty.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #46
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define Dancing View Post
I would just like to thank you folks for introducing me to Goose. This band single handedly got me through the end-of-semester grading marathon I did last week. Just sublime listening that fueled me when I wanted to throw in the towel.
Hell yes, same here. I just finished repainting some of our inside house walls whilst listening to this band and it never for one second felt like work. Jammin the whole time...
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:36 AM   #47
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Crunchy Jamz (the non-Phish/Dead/UM Thread)

I am really diggin Goose, most recently the 2021 performance.

Speaking of Billy Strings, he has an impromptu appearance with Tommy Emmanuel from a few years ago that was really fun. Plus that whole show is great, Tommy is one of a kind for sure

Watch the whole thing, but Billy hits at 30min.

Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #48
Fan#41

Just watched that whole thing. Thanks for posting that. What a treat, his (Tommy's) tone and approach remind me a lot of Tim. Awesome stuff!
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #49
mja271

Billy Strings is incredibly talented. Not a huge bluegrass fan, it all sort of blends together for me eventually, but I respect the hell out of his ability and approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #50
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
That goose 2021 is sooooo tasty.
Throwing it on again right now for 834th time. This is the definition of crunchy.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #51
mja271

My friend out in CO who formerly played guitar in Mister F has a new band called Squeaky Feet that has some awesome tunes. Unfortunately they were just ramping up and coming together in the ladder half of 2019 so the pandemic kind of slowed down some momentum. They've been releasing tunes though and were able to play a few socially distanced shows. Worth checking out, some serious chops. Definitely for fans of the more prog leaning style and jamming you'd see from UM or occasionally moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #52
Garntd

Goose - Ted Tapes 2021 (awesome jams from soundchecks and rehearsals) visualizer premiering now.

Old 02-13-2021, 12:51 PM   #53
sean52692
You failed this band

Haven't listened to Ted Tapes yet, but every which way you turn Goose is doing something sweet right now.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #54
Fan#41

I wasn't sure if this belonged in here but I think it fits in a sense. "ChillHop" is an interesting genre as there are about a million creators, artists, DJ's, etc... making their own instrumental tracks and albums so I usually stick with comps that people put together. This one is so infectious. Working with this in the background as made this morning FLY by for me.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:02 PM   #55
Garntd

The Billy Strings 6 night run from the Capital was absolutely insane. So many dead covers, and last night's was over the top. He did a set 2 Dust in a Baggie -> Deal and Help on the Way -> Slipknot! -> Franklin's Tower -> Brokedown Palace, with a 15 min Meet Me at the Creek. It's up on nugs and may be available for replay on the Relix twitch site.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:10 PM   #56
Fan#41

Sweet. I'll check it out tonight!
Old 02-25-2021, 12:18 PM   #57
Garntd

Quote:
I wasn't sure if this belonged in here but I think it fits in a sense. "ChillHop" is an interesting genre as there are about a million creators, artists, DJ's, etc... making their own instrumental tracks and albums so I usually stick with comps that people put together. This one is so infectious. Working with this in the background as made this morning FLY by for me.

skipped through a bunch of it just to see the vibe. definitely will be checking it out in full
Old 03-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #58
drummerkrf

Ok so....

ggies told me about Goose, from this thread I assume...

and now Goose is bringing me back to TDC...

Goose fucks.

If you listened to the JamBase podcast episode with Peter and Rick (last recorded podcast of 2020), they mention the drive-in show from Swanzey, NH a few times and how it sounded just insane... after I heard that I went looking for the SBD on Bandcamp and/or Nugs... nothing.

I've inquired with a band rep that has been educating me (will be glad to share his suggestions to me as a n00b to the band, his 'Goose 101' stuff) via twitter DMs.

10/3/2020
Cheshire Fairgrounds
Swanzey, NH

will get official release treatment, announcement and/or dropping 'by Friday.' (3/5)

THANKS AGAIN GGEIS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THESE DUDES!
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:34 PM   #59
drummerkrf

Also...

What do you all know about the "Netflox and Chill" series of shows they did? Because its pretty damn creative and speaks to their improv chops, which are obviously well ahead of their pension for recording original material.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #60
Mitch

I've been hearing about Goose elsewhere (deadhead friends) and now I see you guys have been talking about them here, too. I guess it's time I check them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Goose fucks.
Is that good?? Also, what's up, my man
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc