These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #121
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
2 months time we will still be very much in the thick of it. I just checked and we are still under 10MM having taken the second dose. My hope is that number reaches 275-285MM (85% vaccinated). We have along way to go.
Oh I agree, I think what will be challenging is if we have more supply then willing arms to be poked by say April. That is where I get nervous.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:29 PM   #122
Mersh

I think we hit like 70-75% vaccinated.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #123
gweeps
homesick android

I think I said previously, but I have at least another six months to go.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #124
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

my parents and my grandma have all received their first shot and have had no ill effects.
I'm still at the bottom of the list and have zero desire to get it until everyone more vulnerable than me gets theirs

pfizer shot btw

edit: My mom has not received the shot yet as she is not "old enough" in Kentucky. She is only 68. Dad is 72. Didn't want to delete false information
Old 02-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #125
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
2 months time we will still be very much in the thick of it. I just checked and we are still under 10MM having taken the second dose. My hope is that number reaches 275-285MM (85% vaccinated). We have along way to go.
That 10m number is really just based on time, though. It will grow exponentially. More people already have had the first dose than we have had confirmed covid cases in the US. That is worth mentioning.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:39 PM   #126
jeff1818

Very true. Things are flying. I think we did 2 Mil (combining 1st & 2nd doses) on Saturday.
jeff1818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #127
Mersh

Just a post vaccine update for anyone who is interested...

After the first vaccine I had a very minor headache and some minor fatigue. After the second dose I felt fine until about 7 hours later. Very restless night of sleep and headache all night. Started to feel better around 7 am, but now developing some nausea...not vomiting, just nausea and not terrible. Have been staying on top of being hydrated (I typically drink a lot of water anyway). I read a study that indicates people who were well hydrated experienced less side effects. Sort of seems like common sense anyway.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #128
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Just a post vaccine update for anyone who is interested...

After the first vaccine I had a very minor headache and some minor fatigue. After the second dose I felt fine until about 7 hours later. Very restless night of sleep and headache all night. Started to feel better around 7 am, but now developing some nausea...not vomiting, just nausea and not terrible. Have been staying on top of being hydrated (I typically drink a lot of water anyway). I read a study that indicates people who were well hydrated experienced less side effects. Sort of seems like common sense anyway.
Appreciate the insight

Interesting enough, my sister, age 40, had a rough 2 days after her second dose and my parents, ages 74 and 83, had no side effects at all.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:10 PM   #129
Mersh

Several people I work with have had 2nd doses recently. Some had Moderna (which I had) and some had Pfizer. Those who got Pfizer had almost no issues at all...it has been a mixed bag with Moderna, but no one missed a day of work.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #130
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Several people I work with have had 2nd doses recently. Some had Moderna (which I had) and some had Pfizer. Those who got Pfizer had almost no issues at all...it has been a mixed bag with Moderna, but no one missed a day of work.
Interesting. I am sure someone is taking data points on this and hopefully publishes their findings.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #131
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Interesting. I am sure someone is taking data points on this and hopefully publishes their findings.
Yes, they encourage you to sign up to get daily health checks.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #132
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Does anyone think that in say 2 months time, they (vaccination sites) will have more doses then they can handle? Between folks that won't take it, the majority of high risk people already having their shots and influx of shipments from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. Ah, maybe I am over thinking it.

Also a problem I'm willing to have. Around here I'm not sure that'll happen. The Fairgrounds here in San Mateo County are hosting two vaccination events. One is a drive-thru, the other is a walk up. Both are by appointment only, no walk-ins. I see on my next-door that there's lots of people showing up around closing time to hopefully get a shot from a cancelled appointment. I don't think many are successful in getting the shot. I've driven by the drive-thru multiple times. Seems like theres always about 30 to 40 cars just sitting and waiting to be cleared to leave after their shot. They actually receive their shot inside one of the fairground buildings. I also notice a paramedic is on hand just incase. Not sure which building has the walk-in vaccination. I also know our courts are being held inside one of the fairground buildings.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc