These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #81
batleon

Late to the news here, glad you're doing well so far Josh. Thanks for sharing the point by point details too, I've known hardly anybody who's gotten it and they haven't given this level of detail on symptoms
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:15 AM   #82
Josh.0

Iíve taken the last two days off from work. Today I dial back in and find that on Monday I was identified as a high-risk health care worker and I have been offered the vaccine.

So after almost a year I develop symptoms of Coronavirus on 1/8 and go-fucking-figure that Iím offered the vaccine on 1/18.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #83
Mersh

Most of the people I am close with who have gotten it fall into the same symptoms josh has had. Some a bit worse (more breathing issues and longer symptoms) some a little better. If I branch out beyond close friends to colleagues, some have been much worse. 2 hospitalized and a former colleague died. All of those people are over 45 and 1 is not exactly the picture of healthy choices. Of all those I know who have had it, there seems to be one person who is still impacted 3 months later, hopefully that will turn around soon.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #84
gweeps
homesick android

Hard not to be envious of you folks getting vaccinated. It's still at least six months off for me.

It's good you're seemingly one of the typical ones, Josh. Not getting sicker, etc.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:56 AM   #85
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Hard not to be envious of you folks getting vaccinated. It's still at least six months off for me.

It's good you're seemingly one of the typical ones, Josh. Not getting sicker, etc.
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about having access to the vaccination. On one hand, given what I do it makes sense I have access to it and would be silly to not get it. Additionally, I have a kid who relies on me, so getting very ill would be a problem. On the other hand, we havenít been overrun with transmissions here in this building and I am not in a high risk category. Ultimately, if I donít get it, it wonít be going to someone else any time soon based on the distribution plan and so much of this working depends on as many people as possible getting it.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #86
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I’ve taken the last two days off from work. Today I dial back in and find that on Monday I was identified as a high-risk health care worker and I have been offered the vaccine.

So after almost a year I develop symptoms of Coronavirus on 1/8 and go-fucking-figure that I’m offered the vaccine on 1/18.
Jovid-19, how are you doing the last two days? Still feeling close to 100%, or did it creep back at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about having access to the vaccination. On one hand, given what I do it makes sense I have access to it and would be silly to not get it. Additionally, I have a kid who relies on me, so getting very ill would be a problem. On the other hand, we haven’t been overrun with transmissions here in this building and I am not in a high risk category. Ultimately, if I don’t get it, it won’t be going to someone else any time soon based on the distribution plan and so much of this working depends on as many people as possible getting it.
You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Teachers should have been tier 1a, right after health care workers.

My state just got like 4,500 vaccine does that came in compromised. They are sending replacements, but they aren't really replacements as those have to come to the detriment of somewhere else. If Biden can pull off this 100 million in the fist 100 days, I think our summer will be looking pretty good.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:43 AM   #87
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Jovid-19, how are you doing the last two days? Still feeling close to 100%, or did it creep back at all?

You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Teachers should have been tier 1a, right after health care workers.

My state just got like 4,500 vaccine does that came in compromised. They are sending replacements, but they aren't really replacements as those have to come to the detriment of somewhere else. If Biden can pull off this 100 million in the fist 100 days, I think our summer will be looking pretty good.
If he can get this distribution going well...
Old 01-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #88
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
If he can get this distribution going well...
He needs to hire Logistics professionals from the major retailers. They are pros, and I know a few myself
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:45 PM   #89
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about having access to the vaccination. On one hand, given what I do it makes sense I have access to it and would be silly to not get it. Additionally, I have a kid who relies on me, so getting very ill would be a problem. On the other hand, we havenít been overrun with transmissions here in this building and I am not in a high risk category. Ultimately, if I donít get it, it wonít be going to someone else any time soon based on the distribution plan and so much of this working depends on as many people as possible getting it.

It's shocking for me. I work in a grocery store. I was 100% sure I and everyone of my co-workers would get this. This pandemic started in March. From March up until Thanksgiving, we only had 1 employee get C-19. We know he didn't get it from a customer and he didn't spread it to any other employee. I thought it was going to all fall apart when another employee brought C-19 in from the outside about two weeks after Thanksgiving. I thought for sure I and a few others would catch this thing. But surprisingly, nobody caught it from him. About 6 weeks after he had C-19, yet one other employee caught C-19, but not from a customer. This employee is now isolated and didn't spread the virus. There's yet one more employee also self isolating because a family member caught C-19. This employee went for a C-19 test. Haven't heard if she tested positive. The point I'm trying to make is, you never know what your fellow employees are doing outside the office. They could come into contact with someone who is positive and not know it. If you all wear your masks around each other I think you would be ok. But I suggest getting the vaccine, just in case a fellow employee unknowingly brings the virus into your office. Its better to be safe than sorry.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:18 AM   #90
Mersh

I already got the first dose.

And yes, so far it has been people’s choices outside of work and not transmission at work.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #91
Steveo Style

I just got the first dose (Pfizer). Going to cut out drinking the next 5-6 weeks to give this puppy the best possible shot.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:49 PM   #92
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
I just got the first dose (Pfizer). Going to cut out drinking the next 5-6 weeks to give this puppy the best possible shot.
A lot of mixed info on that front. No recommendations in the US.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #93
Josh.0

Quick update:

I feel about 95% recovered. My senses of taste and smell are slowly coming back; Iíve noticed Iím picking up more and more traces of both with each passing day. I could taste a Charleston Chew today! I also just got on the Peloton for the first time in a week and a half and was able to push 360 kj/200 watts/512 kcal over 30 minutes, which felt good and pleasantly surprised me. I also donít feel nearly as tired over the past 48 hours.

For those that get it: be patient, rest, and youíll be okay.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:30 PM   #94
gweeps
homesick android

Good to hear, Josh!
Old 01-24-2021, 12:49 AM   #95
Vorony

Just an update on my end too, regarding same household transmission. It’s been over 2 weeks now since my wife started showing symptoms. She had a very mild case with slight congestion, body ache, fatigue, and loss of taste and smell. She tested negative on Thursday, and her symptoms have all disappeared - except for the taste and smell thing. Her smell and taste are definitely starting to come back, but still not at 100%.

I’ve had zero symptoms, and my mandatory quarantine ends next Sunday. I assume I’m in the clear, but I want to get through midweek to be absolutely comfortable.
Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #96
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Quick update:

I feel about 95% recovered. My senses of taste and smell are slowly coming back; Iíve noticed Iím picking up more and more traces of both with each passing day. I could taste a Charleston Chew today! I also just got on the Peloton for the first time in a week and a half and was able to push 360 kj/200 watts/512 kcal over 30 minutes, which felt good and pleasantly surprised me. I also donít feel nearly as tired over the past 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
Just an update on my end too, regarding same household transmission. Itís been over 2 weeks now since my wife started showing symptoms. She had a very mild case with slight congestion, body ache, fatigue, and loss of taste and smell. She tested negative on Thursday, and her symptoms have all disappeared - except for the taste and smell thing. Her smell and taste are definitely starting to come back, but still not at 100%.

Iíve had zero symptoms, and my mandatory quarantine ends next Sunday. I assume Iím in the clear, but I want to get through midweek to be absolutely comfortable.

Question for both of you if you don't mind me asking. Will you get the vaccine when you become eligible?
Old 01-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #97
Fan#41

Quote:
Quick update:

Thanks for the update Josh. Glad you're feeling better.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #98
Vorony

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Question for both of you if you don't mind me asking. Will you get the vaccine when you become eligible?
Absolutely. My wife was actually supposed to get her first dose the day she tested positive, so thatís delayed now. But as soon as sheís able, sheíll get it. Same with me.
Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #99
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I had it offered to me on Monday. I was told I could take it any time between now and 90 days from now (I work in healthcare) as I recently had an active infection.

I told them I’d wait a few weeks and then take it, just to make make sure I’m fully recovered from infection/symptoms before taking the vaccine. I’m probably fine now, but I figured why not play it safe anyways as I have a flood of antibodies at the moment.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #100
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Thanks for the update Josh. Glad you're feeling better.
Thanks dude

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc