These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #61
Josh.0

Thanks dude. So far so good. A little stir crazy, and like I said it mostly feels like the second day of the worst hangover you’ve ever had: slightly nauseous, slightly achy, slightly tired, slight headache...plus you can’t smell or taste anything.

I honestly feel like I could work out lightly at home right now, but I’m holding off for a few more days just because of the reports of blood vessel/heart inflammation. I did jump on my Peloton for a very, very easy 30 min ride yesterday, just to keep the blood moving.

Otherwise I feel okay overall.

Also, I realize I’m posting a lot. But I figured not many people have offered live updates of their experience with this thing so I’d throw some of mine here.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #62
Mersh

Yeah, get well soon.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #63
zaphod!
for josh:

zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:46 PM   #64
Josh.0

Thank you Z
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:03 PM   #65
somf4eva

I am in the Army's Honor Guard unit in DC. We are doing rounds of testing before rehearsals and the Inauguration on Wednesday. It has been crazy and instense waiting for my soldiers' and my results.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:37 PM   #66
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Thank you for going through that, and for everything you do.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #67
Josh.0

Yes, 100% agreed with Jack. So much respect.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:36 AM   #68
DIDO36

Does anyone feel like March of 2020 was yesterday? Canít believe this shit went down almost a year ago. I mean it was January when this thing was discovered, but life didnít change until March. I remember the whole NCAA tournament getting canceled. That was a wild and weird day.

At the same time our old way of life seems so distant. Iíll watch old tv shows or movies, and get a little freaked out when I see all these people without mask on and close to each other.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:54 AM   #69
somf4eva

We we talk about that all the time. “Will we remember this?” “We will probably be able to go in our trip in a month.”

Honestly we can’t believe that all happened 10 months ago. I remember things that happened that week and it feels like a different life at this point.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:14 AM   #70
Josh.0

I’m just pissed that I went almost a year without getting this thing and then weeks before I’m slated to get the vaccine I finally get it.

I’m feeling pretty good this morning, and overall yesterday felt pretty good as well. I *think* I’m mostly past it already, though apparently others have thought the same before it comes back with a vengeance. With that in mind, I wanted to list out how my symptoms and experience went/has gone in the event that it may help others recognize symptoms and progression early. Here was my timeline of what I experienced:

Friday, January 8th: Random light night sweats. I thought I was just sleeping hot, which happens sometimes. I didn’t think I had a fever, but looking back, I may have had a very low-grade fever.

Saturday, January 9th: Nothing. I felt totally fine.

Sunday, January 10th: Nothing. I felt totally fine.

Monday, January 11th: Felt fine all day until noticing a very, very small cough an hour or two before I went to bed.

Tuesday, January 12th: Woke up with the small cough. When I say small, I mean small. Maybe a couple small coughs, a little clearing of my throat every few hours. That was about it. Started isolating “just in case.”

Wednesday, January 13th: Woke up extra groggy, a slight headache (let’s call it 5/10), and some odd muscle aches (3/10) that felt more like “tension” in my body, especially my arms and legs. It’s hard to explain. I setup a PCR test this night. This night, in bed, I got light night sweats similar to Friday, January 8th. I wasn’t coughing much at all, maybe a few times the whole day. Also felt somewhat fatigued.

Thursday, January 14th: Headache (6/10), those weird muscle aches (4/10), *cough mostly gone.* Sinus pressure began, which was actually somewhat intense and felt pretty painful around my eyes (6/10). Felt a little more fatigued (not wiped out, just a bit tired). Took my temp, 99.8 degrees, so a very low-grade fever. I felt a tick warm but really not too bad.

Friday, January 15th: Basically the same as Thursday, with the big addition being that I noticed my sense of smell and taste was gone. Minor fatigue similar to Thursday. Temp 97.7 degrees.

Saturday, January 16th: Basically the same as the two other days with one big exception: I got a fairly intense dizzy spell around 6/7pm. It lasted about two hours. I felt drunk, almost. Very odd. Sinus pressure and headache were both somewhat elevated, maybe 7/10. Temp 97.7 degrees again. Oddly, the minor body aches seemed to be gone, though, and again - coughing was very, very occasional. Moderate fatigue, but still not feeling wiped out or anything. I slept about 10-11 hours (which is a lot for me).

Sunday, January 17th: Light headache all day, sinus pressure. Both lesser than Saturday, maybe 5/10. Taste and smell still gone. Fatigue mostly gone (3/10), light muscle aches not felt at all. Temp 97.7 degrees yet again.

Today, so far: Very minor fatigue (2/10), very minor sinus pressure (2/10), no real headache. Still no sense of smell and taste (not expecting this back for a few weeks). I feel pretty good overall, TBH, like I just didn’t get quite enough sleep, but that’s about it. Temp 97.5 degrees.

Again, I think I’ve mostly gotten past it, but who knows. What’s funny to me is I don’t know if my first symptoms were the very, very light night sweats on Friday, Jan 8th or the minor cough on Tuesday, January 12th. Between the two I felt 100% normal, totally fine. I even hit the Peloton hard in between those days once or twice.

Also, my highest temp was briefly 99.8 degrees, but every other day I’ve been below 98 degrees. My O2 sat has been steady between 96-98% each day. I haven’t experienced any breathing issues, not even what I’d call “minor.” At one point I felt a small tinge in my chest when I’d breathe, but if I didn’t know I had COVID I never would have noticed.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I’m happy to help however I can.

Last edited by Josh.0; 01-18-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #71
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

my boss was out all last week and is now in the hospital.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:47 AM   #72
Josh.0

Just out of curiosity, can you share his/her age? Overall health (are they very overweight, diabetic, any other health issues you know about)? Are they in the ICU?

My take after the last week is exactly what we’ve heard about it: if you have serious comorbidities, self-isolate. Having “felt” it I can see how if you have a weakened immune system, advanced stages beyond what I’ve experienced could spell trouble.

If you’re relatively healthy and young, though, do not fear it. Your body is built to withstand it. It’s the folks that have serious issues that compromise their immunity that are the ones that absolutely need to be very, very careful. Like I said, I could see how my symptoms may be debilitating if they were 3, 4, 5x worse, never mind adding the respiratory issues in, which I’ve been fortunate to evade.

But if you are in good health you will be okay, and honestly, as fucked up as this sounds...getting it and getting past it will eliminate you as a carrier and allow our limited vaccine supplies to go to people that need it first. If indeed I am on the mend already, I do feel some peace of mind knowing this is likely behind me and once I get that “negative” test result (hopefully later this week), I’m not going to carry it to an elderly or immunocompromised person.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:52 AM   #73
Tomacco

Losing your sense of smell and taste for weeks or more though sounds like a huge bummer. Food is one of the only sources of enjoyment these days.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #74
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Just out of curiosity, can you share his/her age? Overall health (are they very overweight, diabetic, any other health issues you know about)? Are they in the ICU?
Honestly I haven't even seen him since March when we all started working from home. He is in his 50s and seemed fairly healthy as best I could tell. To my knowledge he is not in ICU
Old 01-18-2021, 08:59 AM   #75
Josh.0

Yeah it is, but I read a lot about it and the Ace2 receptors in your nose being “attacked” by the virus is apparently a good sign that it may be limited to your sinuses. The other good news is those receptors regenerate regularly, so it’s just something I’ve gotta wait out for a bit.

I’ve also spoken with several people that got it and they all said both came back as soon as 48 hours later or as late as four weeks later. Not tasting food for a few weeks, IMO, is not a huge deal. I’ve been tasting it for 36 years and will for every year after this one.

But I’m also one of those weirdos that kind of views food purely as fuel, and while I love the way certain things taste, if I have to be without it for a bit it’s not the end of the world. Certainly nothing that I would spend extended amounts of time in lockdown trying to avoid again. But that’s just me.

If it doesn’t ever come back, well, that sucks, but those seem to be extreme outliers. But I’m alive and feel good otherwise, so....

The more alarming thing is not being able to smell, like, household cleaners. I cleaned my bathroom yesterday and I couldn’t smell the Lisol, which was weird. But everything I’ve read is that that, too, is very temporary.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:15 PM   #76
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Iím just pissed that I went almost a year without getting this thing and then weeks before Iím slated to get the vaccine I finally get it.

Iím feeling pretty good this morning, and overall yesterday felt pretty good as well. I *think* Iím mostly past it already, though apparently others have thought the same before it comes back with a vengeance. With that in mind, I wanted to list out how my symptoms and experience went/has gone in the event that it may help others recognize symptoms and progression early. Here was my timeline of what I experienced:

Friday, January 8th: Random light night sweats. I thought I was just sleeping hot, which happens sometimes. I didnít think I had a fever, but looking back, I may have had a very low-grade fever.

Saturday, January 9th: Nothing. I felt totally fine.

Sunday, January 10th: Nothing. I felt totally fine.

Monday, January 11th: Felt fine all day until noticing a very, very small cough an hour or two before I went to bed.

Tuesday, January 12th: Woke up with the small cough. When I say small, I mean small. Maybe a couple small coughs, a little clearing of my throat every few hours. That was about it. Started isolating ďjust in case.Ē

Wednesday, January 13th: Woke up extra groggy, a slight headache (letís call it 5/10), and some odd muscle aches (3/10) that felt more like ďtensionĒ in my body, especially my arms and legs. Itís hard to explain. I setup a PCR test this night. This night, in bed, I got light night sweats similar to Friday, January 8th. I wasnít coughing much at all, maybe a few times the whole day. Also felt somewhat fatigued.

Thursday, January 14th: Headache (6/10), those weird muscle aches (4/10), *cough mostly gone.* Sinus pressure began, which was actually somewhat intense and felt pretty painful around my eyes (6/10). Felt a little more fatigued (not wiped out, just a bit tired). Took my temp, 99.8 degrees, so a very low-grade fever. I felt a tick warm but really not too bad.

Friday, January 15th: Basically the same as Thursday, with the big addition being that I noticed my sense of smell and taste was gone. Minor fatigue similar to Thursday. Temp 97.7 degrees.

Saturday, January 16th: Basically the same as the two other days with one big exception: I got a fairly intense dizzy spell around 6/7pm. It lasted about two hours. I felt drunk, almost. Very odd. Sinus pressure and headache were both somewhat elevated, maybe 7/10. Temp 97.7 degrees again. Oddly, the minor body aches seemed to be gone, though, and again - coughing was very, very occasional. Moderate fatigue, but still not feeling wiped out or anything. I slept about 10-11 hours (which is a lot for me).

Sunday, January 17th: Light headache all day, sinus pressure. Both lesser than Saturday, maybe 5/10. Taste and smell still gone. Fatigue mostly gone (3/10), light muscle aches not felt at all. Temp 97.7 degrees yet again.

Today, so far: Very minor fatigue (2/10), very minor sinus pressure (2/10), no real headache. Still no sense of smell and taste (not expecting this back for a few weeks). I feel pretty good overall, TBH, like I just didnít get quite enough sleep, but thatís about it. Temp 97.5 degrees.

Again, I think Iíve mostly gotten past it, but who knows. Whatís funny to me is I donít know if my first symptoms were the very, very light night sweats on Friday, Jan 8th or the minor cough on Tuesday, January 12th. Between the two I felt 100% normal, totally fine. I even hit the Peloton hard in between those days once or twice.

Also, my highest temp was briefly 99.8 degrees, but every other day Iíve been below 98 degrees. My O2 sat has been steady between 96-98% each day. I havenít experienced any breathing issues, not even what Iíd call ďminor.Ē At one point I felt a small tinge in my chest when Iíd breathe, but if I didnít know I had COVID I never would have noticed.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and Iím happy to help however I can.
Appreciate the level of detail provided. Nice to have a real report of the illness as it progresses. Sounds like youíre getting close to the end of it.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #77
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Appreciate the level of detail provided. Nice to have a real report of the illness as it progresses. Sounds like youíre getting close to the end of it.
I'm glad you're on the mend. Question: Are you (or were you) taking Tylenol and/or flu meds to manage body aches/temperatures? Just curious, as I'd imagine OTC drugs would help in small ways to manage things. Thanks for sharing.

I'm in the same boat and can't believe it's NOT March 2020 as it feels like time has flown by but also been so slow at the same time. Life is so boring and I'm essentially self-isolating as I have minor asthma. I have not had any serious issues for about 20 years, but I know it's still there. I do not want to get this. Not that anyone does, but I really do not want to get this.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #78
Josh.0

No problem. I’ve been sort of shocked by the lack of detailed breakdowns other COVID “patients” have offered to help give non-sick people insight into what to possibly expect. It’s odd that not many people want to talk about their experiences in detail, which I think can really help others. For example, I’d never really heard of a big dizzy spell from anyone, so when I got it I remember thinking “make sure you share this with people so they can identify it if/when it happens.” In retrospect, I had pretty strong sinus pressure going on, so that may have been fucking with my vision.

I didn’t take any meds for pain at all until Saturday, except for the vitamins I’d been taking as a COVID precaution throughout the week (D3 5,000 IUs x2 daily, men’s multi-V x2 daily (morning and then night, each dose has 11mg Zinc so I chose to double up), Vitamin C (just because I have it), 81 mg aspirin (just to prevent clotting, as I have a minor clotting disorder).

Saturday night was the first night that I turned to anything, just because the sinus pressure and headache was becoming a bit much: 500 mg x2 Tylenol. Took the 1,000 mg dose twice again on Sunday, once in the morning, once at night. Once more this morning, though I don’t think I needed it. That’s all I took when it comes to OTC meds, sans the baby aspirin to prevent clotting.

Right now I feel like 95% recovered. Head feels pretty good. Ate lunch and thought I could taste a *hint* of the chicken I was eating, though who knows. I think that’s gonna take a bit longer to return. Definitely still no sense of smell, which will also take a bit.

I feel pretty good right now tbh.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #79
Tomacco

In the last 10 months I feel like I've seen plenty of detailed articles where COVID patients describe the progression of their symptoms. I generally assume though that they're cherry-picked to show you the worst cases though so that readers take it seriously.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #80
Josh.0

Yes, thatís what I was talking about. 80% of cases are like mine or asymptomatic completely, but I havenít seen a lot of the mild cases described, just the ďand then I ended up on a ventilatorĒ stories, which are the vast minority of cases.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc