These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #41
sneaksbeac

So unbeknownst to me at the time (Oct) she was already in the process of quitting. Using the patch. But since she's been home she said she hasn't wanted a cigarette. Which I find amazing since how long she smoked for.

So at this time it looks so far so good.
sneaksbeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #42
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Brandon, thank goodness you got through that. That must have been completely terrifying. So glad that you’re on the other side of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Geez that sounds horrible. The separation, the lack of sleep, the worry about the clots (that shit is serious)... glad you're on the mend!

Good to hear about a non-COVID related hospital stay as well, that part is certainly encouraging. I know one of our biggest worries here would be that COVID stuff could impact an unrelated health problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Wow, very scary. Glad to hear your are recovering. As for the lifestyle change, and it truly is and has to be a full lifestyle change, just keep going man. Sounds like you are on the right track and eventually not only does it just become part of your schedule (the eating and exercise), it becomes part of making your life better and you’ll be so happy you did it. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
Brandon I've never met you but I've known you through the boards for nearly 20 years. Keep on the path you're on and use this as the moment in time to springboard forward to health and personal achievement. Just wanted to say I hope you keep improving.
Thanks guys. Support goes a long way, even just from long-time online acquaintances like all of you, so thank you very much guys, truly appreciate it.

(sorry for hijacking this thread yesterday)

---------------------------------------------------

Josh I'm sorry to hear you caught this thing. Stay diligent dude and stay on top of this thing. From the sounds of it, you already are. I think you'll be ok man.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #43
klillyblad

Wow Brandon, I'm so glad you're okay! Can't imagine how scary that was. I also feel pretty bad seeing this now after giving you a hard time in a PM the other night.

To everyone who's had or has Covid, I hope you and your family members make a full recovery soon.

I'd also like to second Brandon's advice to go to the doctor/hospital if you're having other health concerns. My dad has been staying with us for a couple months (mostly my attempt to keep him from getting Covid). On Sunday morning he had some vague symptoms and we decided to go to the ER to be on the safe side. (I wasn't allowed to go in with him to the ER.) Within 30 mins of dropping him off, he called to say they were transporting him to Minneapolis. Monday morning he had three stents put in. I was able to visit him in the hospital (they're allowing 1 visitor per day) and he was discharged yesterday. ER doctor told me that if he had not come in and had instead gotten on his flight as planned on Wednesday, it would not have gone well.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:49 AM   #44
Josh.0

Kim what you just pointed out is going to kill a lot more people than COVID. A lot of people are afraid of hospitals because of the media coverage that tells people “hospitals are a dangerous place to be” so people are dying of other preventable issues instead. When you combine these mounting deaths with suicides, drug overdoses, and other deaths of despair, we’re going to see excess deaths that blow COVID-19 away.

I’m on I think day 5 of my COVID adventure. My symptoms, thinking back, officially began Monday. So far it’s still mostly a light cough, some night sweats, sneezing (which I guess is rare for COVID), sinus pressure/light headaches, a bit of fatigue, and what I’ll call muscle aches but feels more like “light tension” in my muscles (nothing severe as of yet). My highest recorded temp has been 99.8 degrees, so a very low grade fever.

I slept about 8-9 hours last night and definitely still feel pretty beat, but I’m not completely wiped out or anything. More like i overextended myself at the gym or something yesterday.

Here’s to hoping it stays that way.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #45
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Kim what you just pointed out is going to kill a lot more people than COVID. A lot of people are afraid of hospitals because of the media coverage that tells people “hospitals are a dangerous place to be” so people are dying of other preventable issues instead. When you combine these mounting deaths with suicides, drug overdoses, and other deaths of despair, we’re going to see excess deaths that blow COVID-19 away.
Do you have any proof or data on that? Personally, I agree it makes sense depression, substance abuse, etc is skyrocketing because of the pandemic and because of lockdowns. But I can't in any good confidence hypothesize that that is resulting in more deaths than COVID itself has, without any proof. (Actually, nevermind, this belongs in the regular COVID thread - I was enjoying this thread because of the personal experience conversation, without getting into all the other fake news, fear-mongering, political, etc etc conversations).
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:58 AM   #46
Josh.0

Agreed with your last point, answering in the main COVID thread.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #47
klillyblad

I don't want to take this thread anymore off-topic so this will be the last I comment. I want to be 100% clear, the point I was trying to make is that if you think you have a health issue, especially an emergency, you should seek medical attention. I take Covid very seriously and have drastically altered my lifestyle - work from home, don't see friends or family outside my bubble, don't eat out, only shop when stores aren't busy. I've had medical appointments that I deem necessary but am putting off stuff like dental cleaning until I'm vaccinated. It's all about balancing risk.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #48
Josh.0

Oh I donít think anyone took your comment that way, Kim. We were just talking about us (Tomacco and I) unintentionally steering this off topic and bringing it to the other thread. Youíre all good.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #49
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Yup, always have had it on. No one’s seen my face in public since probably April.
I think we can all agree that these people are the real victims of the pandemic.

J Bones, hopefully you recover quickly. Sad to hear one of our own contracted the china virus. We had kept our borders sealed for so long.

Sneaksbeac, damn. Glad to hear your mom is almost back to 100%. That sounds very scary and also shows just how crazy this virus is.

Brandon, glad your still doing good. I had known some / most of those details, but reading it again made my heart jump. Very lucky to be around all those hospitals in boston.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #50
Josh.0

Jack

Sense of smell is definitely gone, otherwise, mostly just feel tired and groggy, but the latter could be from the meds I’m taking. A bit of a headache.

This is what’s fucked up: my GF still doesn’t have it. She came up negative...again. Her mom had it and she was with her mom for a week before she tested positive, she was with me all last week, even for a bit when I showed some early symptoms (small, very occasional cough), obv there were a lot of make out seshes and other happenings...and she’s still negative!

There HAS to be cross immunity (T and B cell) between COVID-19 and other coronaviruses. This kind of thing is happening everywhere.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #51
Josh.0

Oh and she took the standard antibody test a month ago and came up negative.

The only explanation is crazy, crazy shit luck or much more realistically - preexisting T/B cell immunity, which isn’t detected in standard antibody tests.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #52
Vorony

Quote:
Jack

Sense of smell is definitely gone, otherwise, mostly just feel tired and groggy, but the latter could be from the meds Iím taking. A bit of a headache.

This is whatís fucked up: my GF still doesnít have it. She came up negative...again. Her mom had it and she was with her mom for a week before she tested positive, she was with me all last week, even for a bit when I showed some early symptoms (small, very occasional cough), obv there were a lot of make out seshes and other happenings...and sheís still negative!

There HAS to be cross immunity (T and B cell) between COVID-19 and other coronaviruses. This kind of thing is happening everywhere.
Itís been a week since my wife started exhibiting symptoms. She still has the same minor symptoms (postnasal drip, slight congestion, loss of smell/taste, and a little fatigued). I still have zero symptoms, despite being with her in close proximity every single day. I havenít gotten tested yet, but plan on it early next week. Iím under a mandatory quarantine order from NY state through 1/31, which is crazy to me. But itís 10 days past my wifeís mandatory isolation period, so thatís the justification.
Vorony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #53
Josh.0

That’s crazy. I keep hearing these stories everywhere.

It sounds like your wife and I have the same exact symptoms. So far my congestion is very, very light. I only notice it if I stop and think about it.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:50 AM   #54
Josh.0

BTW this is what the message from the lab looks like when you’re positive. It’s in all red, so that you don’t miss it.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #55
Mersh

How are you feeling?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:54 PM   #56
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
Itís been a week since my wife started exhibiting symptoms. She still has the same minor symptoms (postnasal drip, slight congestion, loss of smell/taste, and a little fatigued). I still have zero symptoms, despite being with her in close proximity every single day. I havenít gotten tested yet, but plan on it early next week. Iím under a mandatory quarantine order from NY state through 1/31, which is crazy to me. But itís 10 days past my wifeís mandatory isolation period, so thatís the justification.
My wife and I are both teachers. Weíve each had quarantines this since Sept.

It used to be 14 days even well after the CDC said 10.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #57
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
How are you feeling?
A little tired, a bit foggy, but not totally crushed or anything. The best way I can describe it is: think of the worst hangover you ever had. So, like you went your hardest on a Saturday, then spent all day Sunday in bed. I feel how you probably felt on that Monday. Functional, but still not great and still pretty worn out. It feels like the second day of the dreaded two-day hangover.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #58
Josh.0

I just ate popcorn and couldn’t smell or taste it, which was wild. You can sense the saltiness, but can’t taste the butter at all, so you’re looking at your greasy fingers knowing you had butter but your brain registers nothing.

Apparently this typically lasts 2-4 weeks and happens in 86% of cases, so I’m not nervous, more sort of blown away by how it happened like a switch being flipped outta nowhere. I also read that loss of senses is typically associated more with mild cases, which is good to hear. I’m actually pretty chill overall, as long as it stays the way it currently is I’m not really concerned as it’s not debilitating or anything, more just weird.

This fucker had to have been created in a lab
Old 01-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #59
Josh.0

Also, about losing your sense of smell, to put it into context how quickly it happened:

At like 2pm yesterday I was eating a piece of chocolate. I could completely smell and taste it, it was delicious AF. I already knew I was sick, but I figured I wasn’t going to lose my sense of taste/smell because a few days had already passed.

Then around 8pm I opened a package that I’d ordered (Dr. Squatch FTW) which happened to have soap in it. I went to smell the bars and for a second I thought they were unscented before I realized - no - my ability to smell was gone.

That’s when I went to smell nearby hand sanitizer and I couldn’t even remotely pick it up. Zero percent. For those that get freaked out that they have COVID because they kind-of/sort-of can’t smell something: you don’t have COVID. You’ll know when you do because your ability to smell is COMPLETELY gone. There’s no question about it, it’s like someone completely turned your nose off.

Anyways...that all means that at some point, midday, a switch in the cells in my nasal cavity was literally flipped and it pretty much instantaneously removed my ability to smell anything. Like snapping your fingers. So crazy.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #60
gweeps
homesick android

And worse, you didn't even feel it happen.

I hope the symptoms stay mild and you have your entire faculties back in a couple weeks.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc