These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #21
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I 100% believe that there intelligent beings out there. But until someone proves Einstein wrong I don't think we will ever really meet them.

And just like I said about Space-X and making a manned mission to Mars. I hope I can eat the biggest plate of crow in the world before I die.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #22
Wildcats82

Travis Walton, the guy that the movie "Fire in the Sky" is about, is on the newest Joe Rogan podcast.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #23
Josh.0

I listened to some of it last night. I dunno, he comes across as honest, but then he describes what it was like on the UFO and it seems 100% like something a science fiction movie would’ve depicted 45 years ago. Like everything is too on the nose for a 1960’s, 1970’s alien invasion movie with how he describes everything “looking.” Small humanoid bodies with big eyes, waking up on a bed with them staring at him and a light above him, a man with a clear helmet walking him down a ramp into an underground room or whatever. Smells like BS.

My hunch is they made it all up but then over time he’s become so invested in his own lie that now he fully believes it himself.

Most of Rogan’s UFO guests have me fairly convinced they’re legitimate, but this is the one that made me go “hmmm. Nahhh
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:28 AM   #24
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I just hope these ufo eps keep coming. He’s had a few since the move to Austin.

I’m heading out to Zion in a few weeks, hoping to see some crazy stuff in the sky
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #25
zaphod!
for josh:

zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #26
Fan#41

Looking forward to checking that out.

I don't really watch or listen to Rogan much but I did catch the episode with Avi. It was a little disheartening watching Avi talk about the scientific community being a little closed-minded in regards to new projections, ideas, theories and thoughts on Aliens and most recently the idea that the Oumuamua asteroid could be Alien made and a good amount of "popular" scientists immediately rejected even the notion.

I really enjoyed this discussion from a few years ago on the topic of "are we living in a simulation?".

Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #27
Wildcats82

[Only registered users can see links.]

THE Pentagon has admitted to holding and testing wreckage from UFO crashes in a bombshell Freedom of Information letter, shared with The Sun.

Researcher Anthony Bragalia wrote to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) requesting details of all UFO material, which they hold and results of any tests they had been carrying out on it.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #28
Steveo Style

They are required to disclose the info right?
Steveo Style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #29
jeff1818

If there was a crash, where are the survivors? Did the green people somehow blend into human society?!
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #30
gweeps
homesick android

If there are aliens, they probably look similar to us in many ways. Their worlds most likely have some different technologies, animals, plants, etc. But human beings are definitely not an isolated species. There are too many planets out there to say we're the only ones. And while there are exceptions to our known laws of nature off world, I'm sure basically all of us ''humans'', wherever we are located, whether we can ever truly know our universal brothers and sisters or merely dream of them, are subject to things like gravity and a concept of time. And emotions like anger, fear, sadness, joy, love and hate. And we hope to discover things well beyond our minds and general vicinity.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #31
Josh.0

I believe the old saying is that there are at least 10,000 stars in the universe for every one grain of sand on planet earth.

AKA 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.

Of those stars, astronomers estimate 20%-50% have earth-like planets orbiting “habitable zones.”

So, upwards of 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 35,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars appear to have earth-like, habitable planets.

It’s not a question of “does life exist in other parts of the universe?” It’s a question of “what does life look like in other parts of the universe?”

If someone is to say “I must see it to believe it,” the answer is undoubtedly “your sight is currently incapable of detecting what exists.” We cannot currently explore the entirety of the bottom of the ocean, yet we don’t question that there’s life we do not understand that lives there. It’s crazy to think that we don’t afford the same rationalization to space, which is infinitely wider and deeper and unfathomably harder to explore.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #32
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I believe the old saying is that there are at least 10,000 stars in the universe for every one grain of sand on planet earth.

AKA 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.

Of those stars, astronomers estimate 20%-50% have earth-like planets orbiting “habitable zones.”

So, upwards of 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 35,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars appear to have earth-like, habitable planets.

It’s not a question of “does life exist in other parts of the universe?” It’s a question of “what does life look like in other parts of the universe?”

If someone is to say “I must see it to believe it,” the answer is undoubtedly “your sight is currently incapable of detecting what exists.” We cannot currently explore the entirety of the bottom of the ocean, yet we don’t question that there’s life we do not understand that lives there. It’s crazy to think that we don’t afford the same rationalization to space, which is infinitely wider and deeper and unfathomably harder to explore.
Yeah I don't doubt there's life out there - but you just started the filter at the top there. There's LOTS of other things that may have to happen for life to start, AND to evolve to a point where it's "intelligent".
Old 02-16-2021, 05:09 PM   #33
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
If there are aliens, they probably look similar to us in many ways. Their worlds most likely have some different technologies, animals, plants, etc. But human beings are definitely not an isolated species. There are too many planets out there to say we're the only ones. And while there are exceptions to our known laws of nature off world, I'm sure basically all of us ''humans'', wherever we are located, whether we can ever truly know our universal brothers and sisters or merely dream of them, are subject to things like gravity and a concept of time. And emotions like anger, fear, sadness, joy, love and hate. And we hope to discover things well beyond our minds and general vicinity.
what? there's absolutely zero reason to think that this is the case. why would you even think this?
Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #34
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
what? there's absolutely zero reason to think that this is the case. why would you even think this?
Because we're not that special or lucky.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #35
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
We cannot currently explore the entirety of the bottom of the ocean, yet we don’t question that there’s life we do not understand that lives there. It’s crazy to think that we don’t afford the same rationalization to space, which is infinitely wider and deeper and unfathomably harder to explore.
Exactly. Which is why I think at least some of the aliens out there are just other humans, maybe called something else wherever they are.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:30 PM   #36
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Because we're not that special or lucky.
granted, but that doesnt mean that aliens from an entirely different planet and ecosystem would have evolved to look very similar to us. in fact, there's no reason to think that they would look anything at all like us.

they'd likely be able to pick things up, have a way to move around, and maybe be able to make some kind of noise in order to communicate with eachother. that is likely where similarities would end.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #37
Josh.0

Well we know they can pick things up because they built the pyramids.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:38 PM   #38
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Old 02-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #39
Steveo Style

Quote:
Well obviously
Old 02-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #40
gweeps
homesick android

The pyramids were not built by aliens. They were built by human slaves for their eventual return as a base of operations.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc