Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
Josh.0

Aliens (from outer space)

What the fuck is going on here?

The Pentagon Has 6 Months to Disclose What It Knows About UFOs

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
As part of the newly passed COVID-19 relief legislation, lawmakers are demanding answers from U.S. intelligence agencies and the Defense Department on the potential existence of UFOs and other unidentified aerial phenomena.
Timmy’s solos finally called ‘em down to earth.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
Josh.0

There was this last year, which the US Navy released and confirmed as a legitimate unidentified flying object. It was reported by all major US news outlets, FWIW.

willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
bassplayer22

Now this is a thread I want to join! I'm genuinely curious as to what people here believe about whats out there
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #4
Steveo Style

I believe there’s life out there and probably even in our own solar system.

However, while I do believe INTELLIGENT life exists (and by intelligent I mean on par with us humans at least) l think it’s extremely rare and there’s probably a lot of civilizations that have died out already for a number of reasons.

I don’t think you’re flying solar system to solar system like in Star Trek or Star Wars and finding all these civilizations.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #5
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
I believe thereís life out there and probably even in our own solar system.

However, while I do believe INTELLIGENT life exists (and by intelligent I mean on par with us humans at least) l think itís extremely rare and thereís probably a lot of civilizations that have died out already for a number of reasons.

I donít think youíre flying solar system to solar system like in Star Trek or Star Wars and finding all these civilizations.
This is basically my view. I think thereís life out there. I donít think weíve been visited. But I also canít explain those videos in any satisfactory way.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #6
Josh.0

Have any of you all seen The Phenomenon? The latest doc?

The dude that made it was on Rogan. It’s pretty interesting, there are actual accounts of dozens/hundreds of school children reporting encounters in their schoolyards, all with the same story, across multiple countries. Then, as they got older, they all continued to swear that the stories are legitimate.

That’s the kind of shit that gets me. There’s no way like 100 young kids are all gonna lie, tell the same exact story, and keep it straight their whole lives without anyone ever coming clean. Across multiple continents.

That documentary is fascinating.

If I were to guess, I don’t think they’re aliens from other planets, but possible inter-dimensional travelers (there’s a lot of science that suggests what we perceive as “reality” actually contains infinite concurrent realities all split by milliseconds, which allows them to never overlap).

It is nice that people are opening up to the idea that “something is fucking happening,” regardless of whatever it is. Harry Reid is even interviewed in the documentary and he confirms multiple government programs and events that confirm the presence of “unknowns,” (to what degree that means, no one knows).

There are at least two videos that have been released officially by the US Air Force that confirm unknown objects flying in and out of our airspace without visible means of propulsion and at speeds currently inaccessible by any known technology. Crazy shit.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #7
jeff1818

I'm not sure we want to know that aliens are out there (or among us). Once you know, you can't unknow and our brains may find it hard to comprehend. Like really? We could be invaded tomorrow? Queue freakout music.
jeff1818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #8
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Must read on the topic: [Only registered users can see links.]
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #9
bassplayer22

Quote:
I believe thereís life out there and probably even in our own solar system.

However, while I do believe INTELLIGENT life exists (and by intelligent I mean on par with us humans at least) l think itís extremely rare and thereís probably a lot of civilizations that have died out already for a number of reasons.

I donít think youíre flying solar system to solar system like in Star Trek or Star Wars and finding all these civilizations.
I would agree with this. Even with other life out there, who is to say they have mastered technology better than we have and figured out interstellar travel? The universe is just too big to think nothing else exists.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:22 PM   #10
Define Dancing

Yeah, based on Frank Drake's equation, it seems highly likely that there's intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. And I agree with others, that life of some kind is probably present somewhere in our solar system. With that said, I don't believe we've been visited, but I suppose it's possible.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #11
Define Dancing

Also, I really miss Carl Sagan. One of my heroes. Here is one of the more inspiring and thought provoking Sagan videos out there...

Old 01-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #12
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Must read on the topic: [Only registered users can see links.]

Also, check out The End of the World with Josh Clark podcast. Has several episodes and it starts with the Fermi Paradox and then (slightly unrelated) goes into a lot of the existential risks we face every day.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 AM   #13
greykitkat36

100% on board with aliens existing, and. I truly Beleive the ancient alien theory (that an advanced civ used to live in this planet and built the pyramids etc) and then either died out or left for another planet leaving us behind. There’s just too much evidence out there imo, including 14 seasons of it on History channel. Some of it is a stretch but, overall, there’s just way too much coincidence in most of this stuff. They are def out there, whether they visit us or not or still do, who knows.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #14
Steveo Style

I haven't watched any of that show, but I have a general issue of explaining something we don't understand is because of "aliens". Not saying it wasn't aliens (and not saying you're wrong), but I think it should be the last resort.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:07 PM   #15
greykitkat36

Quote:
I haven't watched any of that show, but I have a general issue of explaining something we don't understand is because of "aliens". Not saying it wasn't aliens (and not saying you're wrong), but I think it should be the last resort.
Just common sense wise, weíre led to beleive that 2,000 people gathered around these stones that weight over 1 Ton each and lifted them on top of each other to create the pyramids. How can any rational human even beleive thatís possible with no equipment to help? To me that alone is all the evidence I need that either they were built by aliens or built by a much more advanced human civilization that preceded us.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #16
Define Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Just common sense wise, weíre led to beleive that 2,000 people gathered around these stones that weight over 1 Ton each and lifted them on top of each other to create the pyramids. How can any rational human even beleive thatís possible with no equipment to help? To me that alone is all the evidence I need that either they were built by aliens or built by a much more advanced human civilization that preceded us.
This is such an ignorant post that lacks critical and historical thinking skills. Do a little bit of research and trust the archaeologists who've spent their entire lives studying this topic, rather than believe a crackpot TV show designed to boost ratings with the most gullible conspiracy theorists among us.

Turns out, you don't even need 2,000 men to move and lift one of these 2 ton stones. Just some basic engineering (available at the time), some copper and wood (imported from Lebabnon most likely), and 12-20 men.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #17
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define Dancing View Post
This is such an ignorant post that lacks critical and historical thinking skills. Do a little bit of research and trust the archaeologists who've spent their entire lives studying this topic, rather than believe a crackpot TV show designed to boost ratings with the most gullible conspiracy theorists among us.

Turns out, you don't even need 2,000 men to move and lift one of these 2 ton stones. Just some basic engineering (available at the time), some copper and wood (imported from Lebabnon most likely), and 12-20 men.
does basic engineering require algebra? if so, we're not interested in that shit.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #18
Josh.0

Z please leave negativity out of the aliens thread. Letís keep this one thread fun for once, weíre talking about fucking aliens.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #19
zaphod!
for josh:

you're right. i apologize. aliens.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #20
gweeps
homesick android

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc