These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #141
patsfan39

Two songs in, it definitely still sounds like 96 DMB to me. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just an observation as I have never listened to this show before. Recently was fantastic as are most from that era. Two step is a bit more standard sounding to me. Dave is into the outro, but i dont think its materially different than any other 96 Two Step ive heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #142
Fan#41

I love Dave's mic picking up some of the crowd noise. This is such a special release, imho.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #143
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I love Dave's mic picking up some of the crowd noise. This is such a special release, imho.
Fantastic stuff. Canít get enough.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #144
Derek
hi there

So got my package this morning of the release and instead of cow palace I got Live Trax 7 free cd and the Vinyl of Live Trax 7. Called this morning and they are resending Cow Palace. Way to go MusicToday!
Old 12-18-2020, 01:12 PM   #145
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
So got my package this morning of the release and instead of cow palace I got Live Trax 7 free cd and the Vinyl of Live Trax 7. Called this morning and they are resending Cow Palace. Way to go MusicToday!
Oh wow, do you get to keep the vinyl?
Old 12-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #146
celluloid hero

Errors in your favor are rare.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #147
dmb1981

If WWYS was ever going to be a great version, this one is certainly great. Roi smoking.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #148
Tomacco

Truthfully, I got into DMB in 2001-ish, and actually never heard Cow Palace. Listened to it this week and liked it, but didn't understand the amount of gushing. Don't get me wrong - it's good! It just didn't grab me as much as other older LTs even (LT5, LT7, Lupo's, for example - all which had more unique jams, IMO). I feel like people may be specifically in love with Cow Palace because it was one of those old broadcasts that everyone had and listened to a ton, back when there were only a small handful of official releases/broadcast. It's the sound/show a lot of fans here fell in love with, so makes total sense.
This is probably also why I favour the 2000-2002 sound. That's the sound I fell in love with.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:28 PM   #149
Tomacco

Quote:
That's a win! You still get what you wanted but you get a much more valuable vinyl of LT7 for free.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:46 PM   #150
Derek
hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Oh wow, do you get to keep the vinyl?
Yea I called the Warehouse and they said I can just keep it and they are sitting the Cow Palace CD soon.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #151
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Truthfully, I got into DMB in 2001-ish, and actually never heard Cow Palace. Listened to it this week and liked it, but didn't understand the amount of gushing. Don't get me wrong - it's good! It just didn't grab me as much as other older LTs even (LT5, LT7, Lupo's, for example - all which had more unique jams, IMO). I feel like people may be specifically in love with Cow Palace because it was one of those old broadcasts that everyone had and listened to a ton, back when there were only a small handful of official releases/broadcast. It's the sound/show a lot of fans here fell in love with, so makes total sense.
This is probably also why I favour the 2000-2002 sound. That's the sound I fell in love with.
Fall 1996, setlists and performances, didn't vary much from show-to-show. There were a handful of performances from that tour that stood out but a lot of what gave Cow Palace the praise it received over the years was from the energy of the performances in the middle of a tour where almost all the shows sorta sounded the same. Even when the audience recording was released people were still praising the show. Take a listen to DMBLive 10/24/96, it's a great example of what Fall '96 had to offer. Compare that to this show. You can clearly hear the band playing harder and maybe even slightly faster at some points. So it's not like the fans who loved Cow Palace for years were only in-love with an FM sourced show. It most certainly didn't hurt that we had that source available to us, and it most certainly probably added to the "mystique" of legendary tapes to own back in the day, but the band's performance is what captured people.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #152
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Fall 1996, setlists and performances, didn't vary much from show-to-show. There were a handful of performances from that tour that stood out but a lot of what gave Cow Palace the praise it received over the years was from the energy of the performances in the middle of a tour where almost all the shows sorta sounded the same. Even when the audience recording was released people were still praising the show. Take a listen to DMBLive 10/24/96. Compare that to this show. You can clearly hear the band playing harder and maybe even slightly faster at some points. So it's not like the fans who loved Cow Palace for years were only in-love with an FM sourced show. It most certainly didn't hurt that we had that source available to us, and it most certainly probably added to the "mystique" of legendary tapes to own back in the day, but the band's performance is what captured people.
That's good context for the time, thanks. Yeah, I'm not big on that DMBLive show. As far as 1996 shows go, LT7 is the only true standout I've heard personally. But obviously I wasn't following them in the 90s and haven't listened to much past what's been released on DMBLive and LT.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #153
celluloid hero

Did everyone that's ordered from WH get the old white jewel case for LT7? or get the new black paper covers. I got the white jewel case and really would have preferred the black to match my collection that I've been going back and collecting.

I'm guessing everyone is getting the white, which is why they are giving them away.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #154
canyonfool

I called yesterday and was on hold for 20+ minutes, when it abruptly said there were no agents to help me, and then it hung up. So frustrating!
canyonfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:10 AM   #155
somf4eva

I ordered the digital version and have been unable to download the show. Any assistance would be appreciated

nvm. it finally worked.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #156
willndmb

Quote:
I didnít get a free disc period
Was that automatic or did you need to buy $25 or something like that?
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #157
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
I didnít get a free disc period
Was that automatic or did you need to buy $25 or something like that?
It was over $25, I think, and you saw it in your cart when checking out. Plus the deal didn't start right when the pre-order period started. I think it was after Thanksgiving maybe?
Old 12-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #158
K270
Kan Pai

Still frustrated I haven't received this. Label was created on Dec 8th and thats where it still stands. I know deliveries right now are slow, but this things hasn't moved.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #159
canyonfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonfool View Post
I called yesterday and was on hold for 20+ minutes, when it abruptly said there were no agents to help me, and then it hung up. So frustrating!
So, uh, if anyone feels like helping me out because Musictoday sucks...
canyonfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #160
jeff1818

I was probably going to get this for Christmas, but UPS lost the package. So no Live Trax for me. Maybe next year.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc