These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #1281
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
So if you're a cute girl or friends with someone, you can get in without a vaccine or negative test.

There are liability issues here. When you open a business to the public, you have legal obligation to provide a safe environment for the public.

The contracted out "venue security" and college kids at the booth aren't going to cut it, because they are employees. Their employers are responsible for their actions.
You always fight with people like they’re the ones making these decisions. Direct these points to the Ticketmaster cooperation, not me. I’m simply stating a fact, not my opinion on the matter.

I was the first person in here to say concerts would be cancelled this summer last year, but I also said 10 months ago college football would be cancelled in the fall. I was WRONG. They played football and had fans. As far as I’ve heard there wasn’t some massive spike in cases from fans at NCAA, or NFL games. In fact, we learned a ton about the virus from the data provided by the NFL. You wonder how they can require a negative test / proof of vaccination, and then put down the integrity of the people doing those jobs. The Buffalo Bills did it, how did that work out? Again, I’m not stating my opinion. If you don’t think they’re going to try to have concerts, you have your eyes closed.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #1282
mario

1) I'm fighting with an idea, not you (a person).

2) I don't think they're going to try to have concerts with this bullshit "vaccine passport". They won't be able to get insurance for the events.

3) The football games that had fans had sparse fans. The Lebron argument in Atlanta the other night disclosed that Atlanta is allowing 1,300 fans into the arena. No band is playing a venue at 5% capacity. Sports are only doing it because its not the source of income, unlike a concert.

Also, there were issues at the very first NFL game with fans, in Kansas City, but mostly the only places allowing significant numbers of fans are the same places that don't test, trace, or give a fuck about a pandemic, so the "lack of problems" is inconclusive.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #1283
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
You always fight with people like theyíre the ones making these decisions. Direct these points to the Ticketmaster cooperation, not me. Iím simply stating a fact, not my opinion on the matter.

I was the first person in here to say concerts would be cancelled this summer last year, but I also said 10 months ago college football would be cancelled in the fall. I was WRONG. They played football and had fans. As far as Iíve heard there wasnít some massive spike in cases from fans at NCAA, or NFL games. In fact, we learned a ton about the virus from the data provided by the NFL. You wonder how they can require a negative test / proof of vaccination, and then put down the integrity of the people doing those jobs. The Buffalo Bills did it, how did that work out? Again, Iím not stating my opinion. If you donít think theyíre going to try to have concerts, you have your eyes closed.
The big difference is that we had no vaccine during the majority football season. Letís say we are in a scenario where by summer most of the at risk population has the vaccine, and pretty much anyone that wants to get the vaccine can get it. I think deaths will go down significantly and hospitalizations will go down significantly. Why not have some September/fall/winter shows?
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:26 PM   #1284
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
The big difference is that we had no vaccine during the majority football season. Let’s say we are in a scenario where by summer most of the at risk population has the vaccine, and pretty much anyone that wants to get the vaccine can get it. I think deaths will go down significantly and hospitalizations will go down significantly. Why not have some September/fall/winter shows?
You probably will see them. I know one band a lot of people love on this board is planning a fall tour.

One thing I have wondered, if say capacity is allowed at 50%, is there a way to make a tour happen if you could sell those tickets, and then sell streams, would that make it profitable? That would theoretically allow unlimited capacity, and people may be hungry and willing to pay for multiple nights of ‘live’ music especially if they personally don’t feel comfortable going to see it in person yet. Well situated artists may be willing to do it at a massive discount if their crew can get paid.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:34 PM   #1285
Fan#41

Quote:
You probably will see them. I know one band a lot of people love on this board is planning a fall tour..
Hall & Oates
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #1286
mario

Quote:
You probably will see them. I know one band a lot of people love on this board is planning a fall tour.

I know a lot of bands who planned Spring/Summer 2021 tours, too.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #1287
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Hall & Oates
I was hoping he was talking phish. Great idea with having streams. I would pay $25 for some streams if it was to a live crowd.

Last edited by DIDO36; 02-24-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #1288
DIDO36

[Only registered users can see links.]

good news for large concerts possibly retuning in 2021?

Last edited by DIDO36; 02-24-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #1289
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Wow good news for large concerts retuning in 2021?
Just because a festival was announced, doesn't mean it won't get cancelled.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #1290
jeff1818

concerts may happen. doesn't mean they should though. we're fighting a pandemic.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:30 AM   #1291
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
concerts may happen. doesn't mean they should though. we're fighting a pandemic.
Yeah but vaccines should be highly available this summer to those that want them. Weíre never likely going to get to a point where itís totally gone. So if that is the point when concerts will be safe again... well then it will never ever be safe
Old 02-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #1292
Tomacco

I've been let down so many times in the last year, I'm choosing to operate under the assumption that no "normal" concerts will happen in 2021 at all. If they do, it'll be a nice surprise.

Though I've been seeing pictures from festivals in Australia that look like they're from 2019. Feels like every band should be doing an Australian tour right now.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:41 AM   #1293
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I've been let down so many times in the last year, I'm choosing to operate under the assumption that no "normal" concerts will happen in 2021 at all. If they do, it'll be a nice surprise.

Though I've been seeing pictures from festivals in Australia that look like they're from 2019. Feels like every band should be doing an Australian tour right now.
I understand, Iím just posting some hope.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #1294
Huff

Quote:
So if you're a cute girl or friends with someone, you can get in without a vaccine or negative test.

There are liability issues here. When you open a business to the public, you have legal obligation to provide a safe environment for the public.

The contracted out "venue security" and college kids at the booth aren't going to cut it, because they are employees. Their employers are responsible for their actions.
Dig into it more, man. The liability for spreading of a virus is VERY low (so low that it's not ever covered in insurance because there are never claims for it...causation is next to impossible to prove).

Look at places that are HAPPILY open and that have been throughout this pandemic. Walmart, Kroger, etc. are all raking in the money with no lawsuits. Why? You can't prove WHERE you contracted a virus, and they know this. There haven't been any real lawsuits outside of employment law suits in the year that this thing has been kicking. And the employment law lawsuits have all merely focused on changing procedures, etc. of the employer for the employees.

They put up signs, make announcements, etc. and they're absolutely ok in this...but it won't come to that because of something that venues and bands can both point at as the reasoning for postponing shows until we've hit a certain vaccination rate - capacity limits. Especially in instances where tickets to fill or almost fill a venue have simply been rolled back to this coming year, which is why my guess is that we won't see anything until late July, when it's projected that we will hit 70% vaccination and things are able to open back up fully.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #1295
mario

Huff, supermarkets don't have people standing together in a mosh pit, while drinking. It's distinguishable from a supermarket.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:17 PM   #1296
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Huff, supermarkets don't have people standing together in a mosh pit, while drinking. It's distinguishable from a supermarket.
And every single one of them has markers spaced 6 feet apart at the cash registers and make sure people are maintaining their distance.

You won't be able to enforce that on the lawn or pit. I will NOT be going to concerts this summer. Such a stupid idea.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:29 PM   #1297
DIDO36

As I’m in my 20s. I find no reason not to go to a shows this summer. People are getting vaccinated, and cases are going down. I don’t want to spend the best years of my life, worrying abut this virus.

Also let not act like stores enforce these social distancing guidelines. You should see a grocery store on a Saturday or Sunday. Jam packed and full of people on top of each other, just like it was before.

This virus can go fuck itself.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #1298
mario

This kid thinks the 20s are the best years of his life....
Old 02-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #1299
Steveo Style

Im 36 and the 20s were by far the best years of my (short) life.

You being a lawyer Mario, I would assume your 20s were probably horrible with studying/school etc.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:18 PM   #1300
Tomacco

My 20s were definitely my most memorable, life-changing, fun and exciting years. The "figuring yourself out" years. My 30s started well, but the last 3 years have been defined by working my ass off, my social life deteriorating, and being under a dark cloud of endless COVID lockdown. I have more money and am more traditionally successful now than in my 20s, but I wouldn't say I'm happier. But I think this is largely the COVID/lockdowns talking. I feel 40 years older than I did in 2019.

Also, this is a DMB message board. I feel like everyone here still looks back fondly on their 20s, and still holds onto that period of their lives in some way. I know DMB's music isn't what it once was, but I refuse to believe part of why everyone is here is out of nostalgia for their 20s.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc