These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2020, 02:17 PM   #241
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 5,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
My CDs havenít arrived yet.
When i told them i thought mine were stolen they sent me a new one. It came pretty quickly too.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #242
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,420
Man, this Jimi scat is just vintage David J. Matthews

PRECEPT 1: The wealth of information that can keep you confused and silent is astounding
PRECEPT 2: Say what is in your head; that's the only thing that's right, friend
PRECEPT 3: I like the way a butt looks
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #243
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,751
I definitely like this better than LT8, no offense to that release, this just has a stronger set overall.

I really, really, REALLY wish I could go back in time and see this band again...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:13 PM   #244
Cardinal
I have a buzz
 
Cardinal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Flats
Posts: 9,353
Shit damn. This is a great show.
__________________
-Brian
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #245
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 51,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
Shit damn. This is a great show.


It really is.

I've had it on constantly.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #246
Cardinal
I have a buzz
 
Cardinal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Flats
Posts: 9,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post


It really is.

I've had it on constantly.
The first three tracks are amazing and then it hits Sugar Will. Made my Friday.
__________________
-Brian
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #247
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,493
Love that Roi is all over this show, particularly the Improv Jam, Crazy Easy, GGT and Sugar Will

Last edited by DMBCLSTJ; 01-29-2020 at 06:58 AM.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #248
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 51,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Love that Roi is all over this show, particularly the Improv Jam, Crazy Easy, GGT and Jimi
Everyone once in a while I miss Roi so much. I like Coffin, and have gotten used to his style of playing. But listening to Roi instantly transports me back to the better days of being a DMB fan.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #249
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Everyone once in a while I miss Roi so much. I like Coffin, and have gotten used to his style of playing. But listening to Roi instantly transports me back to the better days of being a DMB fan.


LT 47 (OSW particularly) really made me feel nostalgic for those days.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #250
ThememanXX
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 33,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Everyone once in a while I miss Roi so much. I like Coffin, and have gotten used to his style of playing. But listening to Roi instantly transports me back to the better days of being a DMB fan.
Agreed. When the Prelude to Grace from Camden '01 was officially released and you could actually hear what Leroi was playing, I was in awe. I miss stuff like that.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #251
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Everyone once in a while I miss Roi so much. I like Coffin, and have gotten used to his style of playing. But listening to Roi instantly transports me back to the better days of being a DMB fan.
Coffin could do the same thing if they let him. Just listen to the Crazy Easy video from 2013, among a few other notable examples where he's allowed to roam. If he just did that more, it would honestly solve a lot of problems to me with all the new material.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:38 AM   #252
DIDO36
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Coffin could do the same thing if they let him. Just listen to the Crazy Easy video from 2013, among a few other notable examples where he's allowed to roam. If he just did that more, it would honestly solve a lot of problems to me with all the new material.
Coffin can be very tasteful. Raven, Say Bye flute, and Lover Lay Down from this lineup come mind. Still a bit of a different flavor then Roi, but that’s ok. If they let him play more and let Rashawn only really do fills, modern dmb would be a much better product. Actually spoon from last year is a great example of this

DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #253
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I definitely like this better than LT8, no offense to that release, this just has a stronger set overall.

I really, really, REALLY wish I could go back in time and see this band again...
So damn good, was such an exciting time .... I had a much different opinion of Dave too.
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #254
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,751
I am listening to this again. The LIOG is great. Hello Again is fucking killer and never should have become a rarity.

When we talk about setlist diversity making tours better I look at '04 and think that's not true. There weren't a ton of songs in the rotation but the songs they were playing were workhorses and every show was quality. You don't need a lot of songs in the rotation - you just need good ones.

I already said it once in this thread but I'll say it again, I'd give anything to go back and see this '04 band again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #255
ThememanXX
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 33,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
When we talk about setlist diversity making tours better I look at '04 and think that's not true. There weren't a ton of songs in the rotation but the songs they were playing were workhorses and every show was quality. You don't need a lot of songs in the rotation - you just need good ones.
Never really thought about this point until right now, but I think the 'diversity' in sets everyone looks for each year was still found in 2004, just not with the song selection....it was that you got it each night with the four (maybe five,) new songs. So they could "road test" those and surround them with the hits and classics and that made for an incredible tour.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #256
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Never really thought about this point until right now, but I think the 'diversity' in sets everyone looks for each year was still found in 2004, just not with the song selection....it was that you got it each night with the four (maybe five,) new songs. So they could "road test" those and surround them with the hits and classics and that made for an incredible tour.

THANK you! 04 wasn’t about song spread at all, it was a quality lot of tunes that was exciting/engaging within its own changes. Plus, I mean, basically the last year that Carter’s kit had that badass swagger and sat fat but wide open under everything else. Before the “thwap” sound he’s got now.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #257
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,751
And out it comes
A million messiahs
With the shaky head on

Post-Glen Ballard Dave still knew what he was doing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #258
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,148
This show is such a great listen, and really represents what was great about the '04 tour. There's such a looseness to it that they just don't have anymore. Roi, Butch, and even Boyd are all over this release and sound great. Songs like When the World Ends and Where Are You Going even sound refreshing. Dave's improvised lyrics are very strong as well; both Good Good Time and Crazy Easy are two of the strongest performances of each song lyrically. The pee break jam and Prelude to Grace are really nice little additions as well.

I really miss this band.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #259
Cardinal
I have a buzz
 
Cardinal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Flats
Posts: 9,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
And out it comes
A million messiahs
With the shaky head on

Post-Glen Ballard Dave still knew what he was doing
Whatís that from?
__________________
-Brian
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:00 PM   #260
Garntd
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
Whatís that from?
Joy Ride, I'm assuming
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.04850 seconds with 13 queries