These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #61
batleon

I guess it's too bad there is no Blue Water on this one, but that is nitpicking.

Also this Halloween is awesome

I'm going to take a stab and say the first couple of tracks on this are probably Dave solo too, right? At least Jane and BOWA?
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #62
priceofacoke910
The Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Meh, that doesn't bother me. I mean, what should the cut off for LT/DMBLive be then? Nothing before 95 on LT and nothing after 94 on DMBLive? They have kept the real early stuff to DMBLive up to this point.
I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with whether or not it is multi-tracked.
priceofacoke910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #63
KerwinMcgee
Behind The Mask

I respect this pick but I have a really hard time listening to 1992 shows
Old 02-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #64
blumathu

Dude this is GREAT! I am definitely purchasing this one. A multi-track from '92, with Griesar, and Spotlight? Sign me up and keep the good picks coming.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #65
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceofacoke910 View Post
I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with whether or not it is multi-tracked.
I understand. I was talking about people saying old shows should only be DMBLive releases regardless.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #66
cryfreedom09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I understand. I was talking about people saying old shows should only be DMBLive releases regardless.
I can't get behind this logic. Why wouldn't you want it to sound better?
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #67
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #68
celluloid hero

I have zero personal interest in this show itself. But what I am excited to hear is a multi-track recording. Part of the reason I hate 1992 DMB is Peter is so loud with the keys. But every show we have is mixed for the house. So instruments whose noise travels, like the horns and drums are turned way down in the mix and an instrument like Peter's that comes all through the soundboard will be louder. I really want to hear that band's instrumentation properly mixed. If Peter sits in the background of the mix, it's probably much truer to the way they actually sounded at Trax in 1992 than any recording that we've previously had. I think that's the most exciting thing about this release.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #69
ThememanXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I have zero personal interest in this show itself. But what I am excited to hear is a multi-track recording. Part of the reason I hate 1992 DMB is Peter is so loud with the keys. But every show we have is mixed for the house. So instruments whose noise travels, like the horns and drums are turned way down in the mix and an instrument like Peter's that comes all through the soundboard will be louder. I really want to hear that band's instrumentation properly mixed. If Peter sits in the background of the mix, it's probably much truer to the way they actually sounded at Trax in 1992 than any recording that we've previously had. I think that's the most exciting thing about this release.
Need to copy/paste this into the first post. That's a fantastic point.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #70
Mitch

Quote:
yup
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #71
batleon

Great point. The right mix is going to be critical for this. Reserving a pre-order until we get some clips.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #72
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Wow just saw this. What a cool release
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #73
CRUSHsoccer15

2002 and 2004 need some love.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #74
Josh.0

I don't really love early DMB's sound. It wasn't as full as it was from about '96 - '04 and Dave's voice is always too nasally for me.

I won't be buying. I'll leave this one for the diehards of the early versions.

And Spotlight sucks.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #75
celluloid hero

Oh I hope there's a crowd mic as well so they don't sound like they're playing a free-form jazz exploration in front of a festival crowd.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #76
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Oh I hope there's a crowd mic as well so they don't sound like they're playing a free-form jazz exploration in front of a festival crowd.

The more I think about it and see some of the points being made here, the more I think I may actually buy this after all. I may not listen to it more than a couple of times, but I want to encourage them to keep digging back, and I am curious what a multi-track from '92 sounds like.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #77
greykitkat36

The multitrack comments are so spot on. Board and house mixes aren't at all representative of the actual sound of the band they are based on how the sound guy mixed the room on that night, and like it has been said before, the instruments that are naturally louder are quieter on those recordings because there is less of a need to blend them. Multitrack means that every instruments level and tone can be adjusted and mixed to perfection--and what we will be getting is the BEST possible sounding show we've ever had from this era, and it's going to become one of the most revered releases, I'm telling you. Hearing the band durn g this fun experimental era is a treat and especially now with such a good quality tape coming out.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #78
The Godfather
Chartz

Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #79
The Godfather
Chartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
The multitrack comments are so spot on. Board and house mixes aren't at all representative of the actual sound of the band they are based on how the sound guy mixed the room on that night, and like it has been said before, the instruments that are naturally louder are quieter on those recordings because there is less of a need to blend them. Multitrack means that every instruments level and tone can be adjusted and mixed to perfection--and what we will be getting is the BEST possible sounding show we've ever had from this era, and it's going to become one of the most revered releases, I'm telling you. Hearing the band durn g this fun experimental era is a treat and especially now with such a good quality tape coming out.
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:05 AM   #80
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

Quote:
I was thinking about this as well. The fact we have a chance to hear their true sound in 1992 with a proper mix is, indeed, exciting
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc