These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #141
celluloid hero

So excited for this and specifically Drive, Granny & Last Stop. It's the show I've listened to more than any other audience recording. I think I've posted the Drive about 20 times here over the years.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #142
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
So excited for this and specifically Drive, Granny & Last Stop. It's the show I've listened to more than any other audience recording. I think I've posted the Drive about 20 times here over the years.
Yes, as a lover of DIDO, I know you turned me on to this one. Excited for this release.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #143
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Yea, I can't wait for this release!
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #144
dandtrock

preordered the flac. you guys still buy CDs? i always debate it, yet cannot remember the last time i put a CD in anything.
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #145
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
preordered the flac. you guys still buy CDs? i always debate it, yet cannot remember the last time i put a CD in anything.
I've been ordering the flac versions since LT 30.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #146
mja271

I haven't bought a CD in years.
Quote:
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #147
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I've been ordering the flac versions since LT 30.
Funny, I did the opposite. I started wanting the Live Trax in physical form when they had the regular $7 deals. I bought I think 10 during that period, and now I feel compelled to complete them and keep going. They'll look nice on the shelf together.

I ordered discs of these, obviously. However I won't have them the day they release for the drive up to Creek, I'm sure so I'll have to see someone about some things. I ordered a few copies. I'm going to frame the poster, the CDs and art, my ticket stubs, and my stage setlists. I see some pretty awesome frame jobs of special shows to people, this is going to be mine. I don't imagine a release that will mean much more to me.

I just need a setlist from 6.23.99. I have the other two. I'll fake one for the frame, then replace it if I ever get a real one. Maybe I'll throw in a People People cut from the encore :-)
Old 07-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #148
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Funny, I did the opposite. I started wanting the Live Trax in physical form when they had the regular $7 deals. I bought I think 10 during that period, and now I feel compelled to complete them and keep going. They'll look nice on the shelf together.

I ordered discs of these, obviously. However I won't have them the day they release for the drive up to Creek, I'm sure so I'll have to see someone about some things. I ordered a few copies. I'm going to frame the poster, the CDs and art, my ticket stubs, and my stage setlists. I see some pretty awesome frame jobs of special shows to people, this is going to be mine. I don't imagine a release that will mean much more to me.

I just need a setlist from 6.23.99. I have the other two. I'll fake one for the frame, then replace it if I ever get a real one. Maybe I'll throw in a People People cut from the encore :-)
Since the LT vinyl editions were released, I use that as my physical form for this series. I totally understand and appreciate your method though.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #149
dandtrock

I intend to buy lt8 and 15 on vinyl if they happen but only cuz I was in attendance. I have not bought all the LT series. Only actually buy the ones that excite me. I think the only thing I am completest about is saving my tickets. I have a couple gig posters (only buy them if there early enough and they look cool) but have only one hanging in my bar area alongside a PJ and RH gig posters. Pretty cool idea about framing all that stuff celluloid...sure it will be nice.
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #150
dmb2much40

I still order dmb cds but thats it.

Sounds like an awesome frame job. Very cool you have the set list.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #151
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Yeah that's really awesome. The sets are actually one of my saved searches on eBay, I love that type of stuff and would love to frame one from one of my favorite shows someday. So far haven't found one though. I paid to get the 3 D&T posters from Vegas '09 plus the setlist from 12/10, but they were fake (photocopies). Ended up being a good thing though, I sent the guy a single email saying gimme every penny back over the face value of the posters at the show or I'd report him. Ended up getting the posters below market value at the time

Holy grail would be one of those handwritten D&T ones from the old days, the few on the almanac are just so friggin cool. One of the reasons I search ebay is hoping to atleast see some pics of any like that that pop up...
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #152
celluloid hero

I think you were the one that found the Creek sets on eBay and posted them here for me to go get. And that was during Rate-Gate. Much-appreciated :-)
Old 07-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #153
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Yeah that's really awesome. The sets are actually one of my saved searches on eBay, I love that type of stuff and would love to frame one from one of my favorite shows someday. So far haven't found one though. I paid to get the 3 D&T posters from Vegas '09 plus the setlist from 12/10, but they were fake (photocopies). Ended up being a good thing though, I sent the guy a single email saying gimme every penny back over the face value of the posters at the show or I'd report him. Ended up getting the posters below market value at the time

Holy grail would be one of those handwritten D&T ones from the old days, the few on the almanac are just so friggin cool. One of the reasons I search ebay is hoping to atleast see some pics of any like that that pop up...
Wait, the posters were photocopies too? Or just the setlist?

Yea, my dm related grail would be the 2/6/99 setlist on the almanac. That would mean alot.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #154
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Wait, the posters were photocopies too? Or just the setlist?

Yea, my dm related grail would be the 2/6/99 setlist on the almanac. That would mean alot.
Posters were 100% legit. He said he was including the actual setlist he got from the "soundguy" or something but didn't have a pic in the auction. Wasn't that big of a gamble, I think he listed the posters like $20-$30 over the market value so I said fuck it. Was not only a photocopy, he didn't even cut it out to make it the same size as the real one Oh well, was worth the headache to get those posters at face

Crazy to think how many setlists like 2/6 and earlier are probably stuffed in a dusty box of the shit from someone's old dormroom. I managed to score a sweet '97 D&T poster awhile back actually from a guy that had found it amongst his old college stuff. It was laminated unfortunately but I'm glad it didn't get thrown out/lost like I bet so much of this stuff has

Quote:
And that was during Rate-Gate
Took me a solid minute to get that very jealous man, I hope I find some of the ones I've been searching for someday
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #155
ssdmbfan
LeRoi...gone far too soon. :(

Can't wait for this. Was at all 3 nights. Best Granny and DIDO ever, imo.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:11 AM   #156
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Edit: this app is acting up
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #157
cryfreedom09

I only buy the CDs because my wife likes me to order the accompanying shirt for her. Plus I've found with standard shipping usually arrives before the release date...... And Java always finds a way to make downloading a nightmare.

Really stoked for this release. Never heard the AUD but based on what people are saying there are some epic standouts.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #158
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
here's a good one from 2000: [Only registered users can see links.] and here's just some other info from the same magazine: * SPOILER * finally here is some info about lighting: [Only registered users can see links.] [Only registered users can see links.]
I love these links and wish there was so much more. I'd love to read about the newer system and the earlier systems as well. They have a pretty copious outline of their gear on the band site
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #159
celluloid hero

Now that all release dates are Fridays, I'm hoping this ships like Monday and I get it a day early. Get rid of the weekend to slow things down. I know in theory that doesn't make sense, as it would be the same business days, but it's something, right?
Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #160
soright05

Can't wait to give this a listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc