These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #101
Fan#41

Same here. I liked the way it just cut through. Always loved the way SMTS sounded on the chet. And R&R. Someone said that he used it a few times in 2001 but no one was ever able to back up that claim.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #102
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Live Trax Vol. 34 - June 24, 1999 | Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN ...

I wonder if Dave still remembers and associates his Chet guitar with the band's early career. Like I wonder if he has the Chet mounted on a wall at his house and it reminds him of the old days. It would suck if it were chucked in his attic with other boxes.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #103
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I wonder if Dave still remembers and associates his Chet guitar with the band's early career. Like I wonder if he has the Chet mounted on a wall at his house and it reminds him of the old days. It would suck if it were chucked in his attic with other boxes.
I gurantee dave has nothing from his career in his house. Maybe some pictures of places or of him and some south african musicians. Big pic of him and trey & a huge pile of blow, obvi. The chets are all relegated to the corner of some c'ville warehouse. Like in Raiders of the lost arc. Dave was like, "coran, where are my SST's?" "Don't worry david, they're being worked on by top men." "Top men?" "Top men."

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #104
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I gurantee dave has nothing from his career in his house. Maybe some pictures of places or of him and some south african musicians. Big pic of him and trey & a huge pile of blow, obvi. The chets are all relegated to the corner of some c'ville warehouse. Like in Raiders of the lost arc. Dave was like, "coran, where are my SST's?" "Don't worry david, they're being worked on by top men." "Top men?" "Top men."

yea the Chets are probably in a warehouse somewhere. I hope he can bring it back for a show one of these days. Hell, the Lovely Ladies are back, so they might as well go full force with this thing. Would be kind of cool if he used the Chet again on their farewell tour.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #105
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

My memory on this stuff is spotty now because it's been so long, but I want to say he traveled with the chet for a while after he stopped using it. I remember seeing it in the case. Oh the pre pit days when the warehouse always gave me those seats.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #106
willndmb

Wasn't there some give away that a Chet was the prize
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #107
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Wasn't there some give away that a Chet was the prize

Yea, a few years back, but I think he owns like 4 more of them.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #108
cryfreedom09

I'd say I'm the most excited for this live trax since live trax 20. However, with that said, before their release I did not realize how good LT 23 and LT 30 were going to be
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #109
greykitkat36

I always wonder about the Chet too. You've got to think he kept one lying around somewhere, if not in a house in some warehouse at least. He's never been seen playing it ever since 2000 though, even in that video of round and round a while back he was playing some other kind of guitar. I'm sure he has a ton of guitars, but I guess the Chet is no more.

The next person who meets him needs to ask him that question. I really want to know A) why did he stop using it all together B) will he ever consider playing it again?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #110
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I always wonder about the Chet too. You've got to think he kept one lying around somewhere, if not in a house in some warehouse at least. He's never been seen playing it ever since 2000 though, even in that video of round and round a while back he was playing some other kind of guitar. I'm sure he has a ton of guitars, but I guess the Chet is no more.

The next person who meets him needs to ask him that question. I really want to know A) why did he stop using it all together B) will he ever consider playing it again?

it would be a great interview question, different from the usual annoying questions he receives.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #111
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post

I think the "why did he stop using it?" question probably has an answer that relates to the fact that the acoustics he's been using since 1999 all sound better than the Chet for 99% of the songs.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #112
Mersh

Yeah, I mean, the Chet is pretty shitty...makes complete sense that he stopped using it.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #113
SeekUpAB

Yeah I remember seeing some pictures that showed he had one in his case for a long time after he stopped using it.

Back when Dave was active on Twitter someone asked and he just gave some generic answer. It had a pretty signature sound.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #114
Bluewater34
Is Old

Live Trax Vol. 34 - June 24, 1999 | Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
It had a pretty signature sound.

It definitely did, but it wasn't a good one. It has this thick, muddy tone that didn't serve the bounce and drive of most songs. I loved it too, at the time, but comparatively, I haven't missed it once since it's been gone.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #115
JimBeam41

I'm listening to the 99 Philly shows at the Vet via Copperpot. I love the band at this time, the shows sound great. Can't wait to get this Live Trax, looks to be a great one.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #116
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I'm listening to the 99 Philly shows at the Vet via Copperpot. I love the band at this time, the shows sound great. Can't wait to get this Live Trax, looks to be a great one. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7xiRjvcds">YouTube Link</a>
Dude this is a fun watch.

Question: so this is around the time of the transition to ears. Looks like Carter and Roi pioneered this (though by listener supported I think a few more were using them). Did everybody get two wedges back in the day? Were they in stereo? Were Carter's next to him as could be anticipated?

In any case, this was an awesome watch. Really enjoyed watching what Fenton came up with now that he could spend real money (movers and some LEDs on a fuckton of truss).
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #117
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Dude this is a fun watch.

Question: so this is around the time of the transition to ears. Looks like Carter and Roi pioneered this (though by listener supported I think a few more were using them). Did everybody get two wedges back in the day? Were they in stereo? Were Carter's next to him as could be anticipated?
Are you talking about the IEMs? Boyd, Carter and Roi were the first to start using them, then Dave. Stefan was the last hold-out. They started using them in '98. Not for every show but a good number of them. IIRC, you can see some of them wearing/using them at the Tabernacle show on 4/21/98. The exact day they all started using them consistently? I don't know. If I had to guess it would probably the beginning of the '00 tour. I remember Stefan wasn't using his all the time towards the end of '99.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #118
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Are you talking about the IEMs? Boyd, Carter and Roi were the first to start using them, then Dave. Stefan was the last hold-out. They started using them in '98. Not for every show but a good number of them. IIRC, you can see some of them wearing/using them at the Tabernacle show on 4/21/98. The exact day they all started using them consistently? I don't know. If I had to guess it would probably the beginning of the '00 tour. I remember Stefan wasn't using his all the time towards the end of '99.
Thanks! I'm also interested in any information about their old sound rigs or lighting details.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #119
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

"Too Much" is now available to listen.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #120
sean52692
You failed this band

[Only registered users can see links.]

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc