These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Bitcoin

Is anybody participating in this mania? All the coins have a combined market cap of $500B now, I wonder how much longer until people start to run for the exits.

Bitcoin is having issues with it's blockchain, apparently the mining is becoming very expensive. So a single transaction can cost $20-$40...so much for it being money. But people are just shrugging it off

I've always said Bitcoin is technological solution to a political problem. We have no privacy or anonymity in our financial system. We can cut anybody off through sanctions. The government can confiscate as much as they'd like before you've even gone to trial. These are issues that should be fixed in Congress
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I'm not in Bitcoin, but have been researching on the tech behind it - blockchain. It will be very useful in the energy sector:

[Only registered users can see links.]

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Josh.0

I thought we had a crypto thread here?

Anyone following the XRP/SEC trial? Right now XRP is up to .60/coin but I’m wondering where it may take off if the SEC loses the case (as expected).
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Josh.0

A close friend of mine that works in finance and is a big investor is adamant that people buy now on XRP before the ruling. He thinks each coin could skyrocket from anywhere to $10-$200 or much, much more if the SEC loses.

He pointed out that XRP/Ripple has partnered with banks around the world and once the SEC case is over it’s going to become a true global currency. Right now, something like 75% of all investors are outside the US, but with global pressure, the SEC will likely settle or lose the case if it goes to trial. When that happens, he thinks this thing is going to explode. I’ve read and watched videos from numerous other credible investors that seem to agree.

Just an FYI. Really interesting topic to look into, especially with such a low buy-in @ $0.60 a coin right now and with XRP having more global partners than Bitcoin.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #5
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I donít even know how to buy this stuff
Old 02-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #6
Steveo Style

Does Binance have it? Coinbase doesn’t.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:02 PM   #7
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
Does Binance have it? Coinbase doesnít.
what do you mean Coinbase doesn't? of course Coinbase has Bitcoin
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #8
joshr612

Hey, perfect timing on the thread. I have been invested in XRP and it's sibling coin since last March. Solid returns. I personally believe XRP will explode by the end of summer. The SEC case is BS and will most likely be settled before then. I have made significant gains since entering Crypto market last year at this time. It is a lot of info to process. There is a really solid youtube station/guy called the Bearable Bull who I would recommend following. Good place to start. I also am involved in a community on Discord, linked here:

joshr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #9
joshr612

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
XRP isn't being sold on Coinbase due to SEC case. Easiest place to buy in the US is Uphold.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:56 PM   #10
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr612 View Post
Hey, perfect timing on the thread. I have been invested in XRP and it's sibling coin since last March. Solid returns. I personally believe XRP will explode by the end of summer. The SEC case is BS and will most likely be settled before then. I have made significant gains since entering Crypto market last year at this time. It is a lot of info to process. There is a really solid youtube station/guy called the Bearable Bull who I would recommend following. Good place to start. I also am involved in a community on Discord, linked here:

Thanks for the share!

What are you making of some of the crazy future valuations? I see anything from $5 to $35,000 in perfect pie-in-the-sky projections. Many seem to settle on $100-$250 within 5-10 years or sooner. Any of those would be amazing returns for me.

The fact that XRP has actual utility is what caught my attention. It’s truly a global currency, and all the big banks seem to be catching on. If not for the SEC lawsuit it may have already exploded, but honestly I’m sort of grateful for the suit because it allowed me to swoop in.

Some dude I was reading recently argued that true current valuation, when all of Ripple’s deals are announced, is something like $250, but I’ll believe that when I see it.

Regardless, anywhere north of $10 and I’m pretty happy with the return/wait. But time will tell for sure.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:25 AM   #11
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
Im talking about Ripple/XRP
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #12
zaphod!
for josh:

My b
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #13
joshr612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Thanks for the share!

What are you making of some of the crazy future valuations? I see anything from $5 to $35,000 in perfect pie-in-the-sky projections. Many seem to settle on $100-$250 within 5-10 years or sooner. Any of those would be amazing returns for me.

The fact that XRP has actual utility is what caught my attention. Itís truly a global currency, and all the big banks seem to be catching on. If not for the SEC lawsuit it may have already exploded, but honestly Iím sort of grateful for the suit because it allowed me to swoop in.

Some dude I was reading recently argued that true current valuation, when all of Rippleís deals are announced, is something like $250, but Iíll believe that when I see it.

Regardless, anywhere north of $10 and Iím pretty happy with the return/wait. But time will tell for sure.
I don't have a set $$ for valuation though I have seen as high as $10,000 once everything is switched on. My average coin price is around .20 so I am happy with any growth. I have plans to sell at certain targets, etc.

The crypto market will be very volatile this Spring in my opinion. I would keep close eye on it but there will be some phenomenal entry points. A lot of it stems from Bitcoin/Tether cases etc.

My favorites for long term will remain XRP, XLM, ALGO, ADA, VET, IOTA - in that order.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #14
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Man I miss this show.

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #15
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr612 View Post
I don't have a set $$ for valuation though I have seen as high as $10,000 once everything is switched on. My average coin price is around .20 so I am happy with any growth. I have plans to sell at certain targets, etc.

The crypto market will be very volatile this Spring in my opinion. I would keep close eye on it but there will be some phenomenal entry points. A lot of it stems from Bitcoin/Tether cases etc.

My favorites for long term will remain XRP, XLM, ALGO, ADA, VET, IOTA - in that order.
Ahhh yeah, I bought a little high, around .47, so anything over .60 would be a “win” in my eyes, especially considering my bag which is pretty heavy in XRP. But the issue is at some point if it ends up at $1 you gotta believe a lot of long-term holders are gonna sell, which could limit a much bigger run.

The only question I have about the SEC lawsuit is...I keep hearing that’s holding the value of the coin down significantly, yet it never appreciated all that much prior to the filing. The all time high is something like $3.50 wasn’t it? So it makes me wonder: why didn’t it ever get higher to these $10, $100, $1,000+ projections in the years prior to the filing?

But yeah, if that thing reaches $1K I’m a multimillionaire. Or even $500. $100 and my student loans are wiped out and I’m buying a house with cash. So here’s to hoping

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc