These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #721
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
true, ok, how about this? i really only care about broken things, belly belly nice, and drunken soldier getting released because i don't really like much else on AFTW
IMO, those 3 songs haven't done much for me live yet where I'm craving a release of one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poth Ead View Post
we got The Riff and Snow Outside on the WH10 last year
that just goes to further my point, then we definitely don't need another of those at this point. Although I wouldn't be opposed to the Snow Outside with Stanley Jordan (Alpine, I think)
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #722
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
yeah and there are some truly not-standout performances on some of the warehouse discs. like songs where there really isn't anything that makes them special and then you add in that dave screws up the lyrics or something.
Oh yeah, this is definitely true. I said that I'd like for the WH discs to be of standout performances, not that they always are
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #723
sdaltons

i agree they don't stand out but i don't ever listen to the studio cuts so i want them out there live. a 2013 live trax would also be fine if they do a better warehouse disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #724
sean52692
You failed this band

It's not a song I typically listen to or notice things about and I feel weird saying this, but holy fuck this You & Me, Tim Reynolds rips it apart. His playing in the last choruses is fire.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #725
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
It's not a song I typically listen to or notice things about and I feel weird saying this, but holy fuck this You & Me, Tim Reynolds rips it apart. His playing in the last choruses is fire.
I absolutely detest the song but Iíve noticed at times Tim really adds some cool stuff at the end. That also usually coincides to the time Iím getting back to my seat from the bathroom so Iíve heard some of interesting stuff. Itís just the lyrics are so cringe worthy to me that I couldnít ever say itís a song I want to hear. I wish they didnít literally anything else with the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:47 AM   #726
greykitkat36

Please no AFTW those songs are all garbage live, no interest in those at all. I agree with Mitch that WH discs should be for all-time versions of good songs. Not that weíll get that, but agreed thatís what it should be.

My top choices are:
LIOG with Trey from 08/14/07
GGT (10/2/04)
Bismarck (5/7/16 debut)
Typical (1/12/18 w Bela and Carlos Malta)
Old 01-26-2021, 03:20 AM   #727
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Please no AFTW those songs are all garbage live, no interest in those at all. I agree with Mitch that WH discs should be for all-time versions of good songs. Not that we’ll get that, but agreed that’s what it should be.

My top choices are:
LIOG with Trey from 08/14/07
GGT (10/2/04)
Bismarck (5/7/16 debut)
Typical (1/12/18 w Bela and Carlos Malta)
I generally agree on AFTW being boring live as a whole. With that said holy shit Snow Outside is just legit. It goes from nice and quiet to madness (in a good way). I mean it sounds like classic dmb. like lillywhite really got something out of them on that one. In typical dmb fashion they haven’t played it in years. Probably not since 2015 in the acoustic set.

Isn’t this years WH disk just the Dave and Carter show? While a good show, that’s BS because everyone has already has seen it. Incredibly lazy. The last 3 disk have been total BS. One with straight 2018 performances. One with straight 2019 performances, and one of literally the only performance with more then just Dave in 2020 lol. It must be nice to have a job like that, where you can mail it in for years.

Last edited by DIDO36; 01-26-2021 at 03:48 AM.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #728
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
I generally agree on AFTW being boring live as a whole. With that said holy shit Snow Outside is just legit. It goes from nice and quiet to madness (in a good way). I mean it sounds like classic dmb. like lillywhite really got something out of them on that one. In typical dmb fashion they havenít played it in years. Probably not since 2015 in the acoustic set.

Isnít this years WH disk just the Dave and Carter show? While a good show, thatís BS because everyone has already has seen it. Incredibly lazy. The last 3 disk have been total BS. One with straight 2018 performances. One with straight 2019 performances, and one of literally the only performance with more then just Dave in 2020 lol. It must be nice to have a job like that, where you can mail it in for years.
Yeah theyíve been incredibly lazy on the last few...but we did get DMB Live 25 which is one of the best compilations if not the best one weíve ever got, so Iíll cut a little slack there. We got about 2+ WH discs right there that basically hit a goldmine.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:48 PM   #729
sean52692
You failed this band

I wish the Carter and Dave show was another "freebie" like the stream was and we got an actual WH disc with misc performances. Ah well. $35 doesn't get you much these days.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #730
JimBeam41

Quote:
I wish the Carter and Dave show was another "freebie" like the stream was and we got an actual WH disc with misc performances.
I think we all agree on this
Old 01-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #731
dmb1981

Quote:
I wish the Carter and Dave show was another "freebie" like the stream was and we got an actual WH disc with misc performances. Ah well. $35 doesn't get you much these days.
We've already all got it. What more do you want?
Old 01-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #732
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
We've already all got it. What more do you want?
I think he was trying to say he wished the Carter/Dave performance was not the WH release for this year since we already got it??

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc