These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #3101
RageATL
The Dude abides

The schedule gets released tonight at 8PM.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #3102
RageATL
The Dude abides

NYJ open on the road at BUF.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #3103
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #3104
RageATL
The Dude abides

Old 04-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #3105
RageATL
The Dude abides

Looks like AP is going to the Saints.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #3106
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Looks like AP is going to the Saints.
Yup really bizarre choice to me. Why would he go there? He signed a two year deal and the saints have no chance of being good in those years. This year may even be Bree's last year. Just kind of confused..at this point in his career you'd think he would want to chase a super bowl, he had a better chance stayIng in Minnesota. He did try to go to the pats or Giants but neither team wanted him.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #3107
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Right, you are assuming he had a choice. Most teams don't want to deal with an over the hill running back coming off an acl who beats kids.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #3108
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Right, you are assuming he had a choice. Most teams don't want to deal with an over the hill running back coming off an acl who beats kids.
Yeah, you're totally right, he most likely didn't have much of a choice. he certainly worked out for a bunch of teams and left empty handed.

But to flip it around, it's even more bizarre of a move for the Saints to make. AP is more like that "last piece" you fill in on a championship bound team, and The Saints are far from that. I know it's only a 2 year deal, but just doesn't make a lot of sense to me from their standpoint either, especially when they need to rebuild and are probably going to draft a RB as well. They trade away one of their best recievers in Brandin Cooks, and appear to be stockpiling picks then go and make this move, weird. Maybe they're hoping he has a pretty good year and maybe they can trade him at the end of the season or halfway through the season for some value.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #3109
JustinC

Jack is correct he had no option. His only chance at signing with a SB team died when he left Foxboro without a deal and Pats signed Gilislee

As for a team like the Giants, they likely want no part of him after the whole Josh Brown thing
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #3110
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

DRAFT

I don't think the Browns should pull any punches - they should get Garret 1st overall and see what kind of QBs are on the board at 12.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #3111
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
This whole "beats kids" thing is SO overblown. He whupped his kid, big deal. Everything these days gets blown out of proportion. My father used to thump me as a kid with "The Strap" which was my grandfather's thick, leather nubbed police belt and I'm a better man for it. It's just that the public at large is a buncha pussies these days.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #3112
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
DRAFT

I don't think the Browns should pull any punches - they should get Garret 1st overall and see what kind of QBs are on the board at 12.
I hope they swap picks with the NYJ (NYJ #6 for their #12).

Old 04-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #3113
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
This whole "beats kids" thing is SO overblown. He whupped his kid, big deal. Everything these days gets blown out of proportion. My father used to thump me as a kid with "The Strap" which was my grandfather's thick, leather nubbed police belt and I'm a better man for it. It's just that the public at large is a buncha pussies these days.
Dude, stop. If your dad beat you with a switch when you were 3 fucking years old he had serious problems too. Kids that age don't have the mental capacity to take anything positive from that 'lesson.' Anyone who has ever been around a 3 year old and has 1/2 a brain should know this. Kids that age need love and positive teaching. And if your dad whipped you in the testicles at any age he belongs in jail. Adrian Peterson belongs in jail for that. Period. That has nothing to do with the nation being pussies. Adrian Peterson is a deranged fucking moron who is perpetuating serious societal issues. Having a 'whuppin'' room in your house is sick sadistic behavior. And he can barely be considered a father. He is a fucking grade A piece of shit who happens to be good at footbaw and fucking chicks without protection.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #3114
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

My Dad would just make me watch the Browns with him instead of giving me a whuppin. You decide which one is worse.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #3115
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
I hope they swap picks with the NYJ (NYJ #6 for their #12).
If they want both Garrett and Trubisky - that could be possible. Personally I'd take Deshaun Watson over Trubisky.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #3116
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
My Dad would just make me watch the Browns with him instead of giving me a whuppin. You decide which one is worse.
Your dad is a monster. My dad just watched the patriots with his friends and hit me with a hairbrush or belt occasionally.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #3117
Mitch

Can't wait to see how the Jets botch this tonight.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #3118
Mitch

Jamal Adams
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #3119
mja271

Yea that worked out great for the Jets. Adams is awesome. I was stoked that Jonathan Allen fell to the Skins at 17. Huge need and they got a guy projected to go significantly earlier. Hopefully his past shoulder issues aren't a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:15 AM   #3120
greykitkat36

The bears do suck. They traded 4 picks including one for next year to move up one slot to take Trubisky???? After they just signed glennon to a big contract. That one made no sense to me. Otherwise, looked like everyone drafted well. I like the Giants TE pick--no OJ Howard, but needed a TE badly and hopefully he'll turn into something. This draft was incredibly weak on OL, only 1 taken in the first round.

Texans made a bold move, and I guess now we'll see what Watson can do in the NFL. I don't think he's going to be that good in the league, but he's definitley gong to be thrown right in to start so we'll see. I think he's going to be very average.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc