These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #2921
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Winners: Goff & Wentz. Guaranteed they won't be stuck in Cleveland.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #2922
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Are we sure Chip Kelly isn't still running the Eagles franchise?

That trade is INSANITY! But I couldn't think of a better team to be dumb enough to do it.
The picks traded mean nothing if Carson Wentz turns into an elite QB

As an Eagles fan, i have no problem with the trade
Old 04-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #2923
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
The picks traded mean nothing if Carson Wentz turns into an elite QB As an Eagles fan, i have no problem with the trade
Of course. You have to say that. I would be trying to justify it too if the shoe were on the other foot.

That's a big damn 'if' though. He essentially has to be good enough to offset two, maybe three, drafts in which Philly isn't able to pick up top young talent. And in Philly (from an adoring So Dakota fanbase)... Where you guys crucify anybody that isn't Johnny Unitas after 2 games.

I don't like his odds, but I guess we shall see.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #2924
JustinC

Panthers rescinded the franchise tag on Josh Norman, making him an unrestricted free agent.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #2925
greykitkat36

Quote:
Of course. You have to say that. I would be trying to justify it too if the shoe were on the other foot.

That's a big damn 'if' though. He essentially has to be good enough to offset two, maybe three, drafts in which Philly isn't able to pick up top young talent. And in Philly (from an adoring So Dakota fanbase)... Where you guys crucify anybody that isn't Johnny Unitas after 2 games.

I don't like his odds, but I guess we shall see.
I think the Eagles have potential to be the worst team in the league this year. They have literally no talent, (aside from maybe Matthews and ertz). The talent they did have they traded or let leave. They're going to be awful but as a giants fan, I'm happy we won't have to worry about them.

As far as the Rams go, I don't know if I'd blame Fisher entirely. You need a QB in this league to win, and they just haven't had one for a long time. Bradford got hurt every year and Foles turned out to bust. You cannot go deep in the playoffs or even make the playoffs without either a top 3 defense or a Totally great QB. And in most case you need both. (Denver and Seattle being recent exceptions). Manning didn't do much in the playoffs because he didn't need to, and for Seattle they had their stellar defense and marshawn lynch. Otherwise, you need a QB--there's a reason Rodgers, manning, Brady, luck, romo, roethlisberger etc are always in the playoffs or always damn close.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #2926
greykitkat36

That being said, I think the Rams trade to move up to Number 1 is one of the worst moves in NFL history. The amount they had to give away to take a gamble on a no.1 pick is absurd. They already drafted Bradford no 1 a few years back and look how that turned out for them. I would taken the best available player at 15 and taken my chances on a QB in the second or third round.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #2927
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I think the Eagles have potential to be the worst team in the league this year. They have literally no talent, (aside from maybe Matthews and ertz). The talent they did have they traded or let leave. They're going to be awful but as a giants fan, I'm happy we won't have to worry about them.
Did you think we made this deal for next season? WTH are you talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
That being said, I think the Rams trade to move up to Number 1 is one of the worst moves in NFL history. The amount they had to give away to take a gamble on a no.1 pick is absurd. They already drafted Bradford no 1 a few years back and look how that turned out for them. I would taken the best available player at 15 and taken my chances on a QB in the second or third round.
You say you are a Giants fan and you are questioning why a team made this trade. Is it that hard for you to think back 12 years
Old 04-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #2928
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

John Madden has died ?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #2929
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
John Madden has died ?
No. Where are you hearing that from?
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #2930
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
No. Where are you hearing that from?

My buddy texted me on Friday saying that.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #2931
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Fuck these judges.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #2932
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Pretty unnecessary to reinstate this suspension.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #2933
drummerkrf

Pretty unnecessary that we're getting a U.S. Court of Appeals involved at all.

Pretty sure Mike Judge wrote a movie about this kind of stuff...
Old 04-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #2934
drummerkrf

Also relating to Idiocracy: Sam Bradford being a little bitch after his unproven signing of a huge contract.

But hey, we all love these assholes and the sport they play. So keep feeding the monster.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #2935
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fuck these judges.
Well those two.

Berman and Katzmann didn't take the nfl's bullshit bait.

Interesting tidbit was Katzmann is the chief judge there and was very strong in his dissension. Might help if they seek en banc.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #2936
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Quote:
Also relating to Idiocracy: Sam Bradford being a little bitch after his unproven signing of a huge contract.

But hey, we all love these assholes and the sport they play. So keep feeding the monster.
We let him test FA and see what he could get (which was nothing)... then signed him to only a 2 year deal, with a huge team friendly out clause after one year... what the hell did he expect? They already gave him waaaaay too much money to try and trade him away this year, so that option is out. I thought he was made of sterner stuff and could handle being a QB with a rookie holding a clipboard behind him. BUT NOW, i say we RG3 his ass and make him hold the clipboard this year... This fanbase is so antibullshit that Bradford may as well not even play if he is going to pull this whiney bitch holdout act and have any respect from us...
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #2937
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
Interesting tidbit was Katzmann is the chief judge there and was very strong in his dissension. Might help if they seek en banc.
Definitely.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #2938
drummerkrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
We let him test FA and see what he could get (which was nothing)... then signed him to only a 2 year deal, with a huge team friendly out clause after one year... what the hell did he expect? They already gave him waaaaay too much money to try and trade him away this year, so that option is out. I thought he was made of sterner stuff and could handle being a QB with a rookie holding a clipboard behind him. BUT NOW, i say we RG3 his ass and make him hold the clipboard this year... This fanbase is so antibullshit that Bradford may as well not even play if he is going to pull this whiney bitch holdout act and have any respect from us...

From an outsider's perspective, this makes sense just to trim the fat. But damn... Betting the farm on Wentz after paying Bradford AND making Daniel the highest paid backup in the league...

It's like you're going deeper down the Chip Kelly hole.

Either way... This is going to test the patience of that rabid fanbase BIGtime.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #2939
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
Did you think we made this deal for next season? WTH are you talking about

You say you are a Giants fan and you are questioning why a team made this trade. Is it that hard for you to think back 12 years
No I understand the Eagles are rebuilding, I'm saying this year they will be terrible though. It's necessary for them at this point in order to reboot yes, but I'm talking strictly about this year.

And yeah, all teams have made bad trades, it's just not something I would have done if I were the Rams GM. It's a huge gamble to take, there's no denying that.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #2940
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:

That dude has got to be the biggest pussy in the league. If he stays and makes it to starting the first game, if I were his LT, I'd let him get creamed on the very first play.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc