These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #681
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
So many people want this company to fail, so Elon is doing the right thing if it saves them money and time.

The guy is definitely a hero of mine. He is changing the world.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:58 AM   #682
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The guy is definitely a hero of mine. He is changing the world.

Another data point:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
According to the California New Car Dealers Association (CNCDA), 3,723 Model 3 vehicles were registered between January and March, which pushed the vehicle to the top of what they refer to as the ‘near luxury’ segment:
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #683
ggies
Sugar Will '04

SOB. Sigh....

Old 05-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #684
ggies
Sugar Will '04

For those that live in the NE:

Quote:
This is the first contract to meet a goal set by Massachusetts lawmakers in 2016 to build 1.6 gigawatts of offshore wind power by 2027. Vineyard Wind expects to have the wind farm operational and selling power to Massachusetts utilities by 2021.
Quote:
Also on Wednesday, Rhode Island announced it would award a 400-megawatt offshore wind project to Deepwater Wind.
Quote:
Meanwhile, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam's office announced Tuesday that the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy is looking to craft a strategic plan to make Virginia an offshore wind energy hub.

“Virginia should be the prime location for the offshore wind industry, from the supply chain to the full build-out of our offshore wind assets off the coast," said Northam.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #685
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
SOB. Sigh....

But I mean...are you surprised? The only way to even have a group of people at all who deny climate-change at this point is to stage it. Pile of asshole idiots. Ruining progress one gallon at a time
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:39 PM   #686
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
But I mean...are you surprised? The only way to even have a group of people at all who deny climate-change at this point is to stage it. Pile of asshole idiots. Ruining progress one gallon at a time
Yeah, not surprised.....just kinda upset that society has gotten to this point. The only way I view this is this is their last fight and they are pulling out all the punches as they go down.

It's really weird to observe the people leading our country causing havoc on its society just for profit.

Pruitt is just one man and will die one day, leaving all his wealth here, but his decisions are affecting us now and in the future.

You know
Quote:
Take a look again, take a look again, things you have collected. We'll in the end they pile up so tall, to one big nothing, one big nothing at all....
Same with Trump - it's all just a show so he can survive a little longer.

Imagine how much more advanced our species could be if our heads were all a little more in line with the right sensibilities....

Thoughts by ggies.

Last edited by ggies; 05-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 PM   #687
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Now back to your regularly scheduled articles

This is evidence that a "natural gas" bridge will not work and that businesses are already losing money due to the transition to renewable energy.

Quote:
GE said its power division is suffering from a saturated market that is marked by flat or low load growth. GE's wind turbine business is strong, though it is facing tightening margins, but it is not part of its power division.
Quote:
Last November, Siemens said it was cutting 6,900 jobs in its power and fossil fuel division in response to falling worldwide demand for large gas turbines. In May, Siemens said it plans a temporary shut down of its power and gas division in an effort to cut costs.
Quote:
Earlier this month Mitsubishi Heavy Industries said it expects orders for steam and gas turbines to run dry by 2020.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:04 PM   #688
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Yeah Buddy!

Quote:
"Until now, that type of remote improvement to a car’s basic functionality had been unheard of. “I’ve been at CR for 19 years and tested more than 1,000 cars,” says Jake Fisher, director of auto testing at Consumer Reports, “and I’ve never seen a car that could improve its track performance with an over-the-air update.”
Old 06-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #689
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Another data point to show Tesla's batteries are long lasting.

Quote:
First Tesloop Model X to achieve 300,000 miles in just 1.75 years. Rex is still supercharging on the original battery. #Teslove
Old 06-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #690
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Holy shit that is awesome news
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #691
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Great article showing of things to come:

Old 06-05-2018, 08:23 AM   #692
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Today, the company is announcing a new milestone: Since 2015, it has installed a worldwide total of a gigawatt-hour of energy storage–technology that is critical for using renewable energy at scale. For comparison, that’s nearly half of the entire amount of energy storage installed globally last year.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #693
ggies
Sugar Will '04

It only took a month from the Q1 report to make it happen:

Last edited by ggies; 06-05-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #694
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Through my research over the years, I've read about this multiple times. If we are not proactive, this will happen. I think I've even posted some articles over the years warning about this, but another study has come out. This is the second article I've seen write about it:

Quote:
If fossil fuel-producing countries like the US, Canada, and Russia don't guide their economies away from oil, gas, and coal, then low-carbon technology could render at least some of those investments worthless

Last edited by ggies; 06-06-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #695
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
“We have plans in Colorado…that will have us at a 60 percent carbon reduction and 55 percent renewable energy by 2026,” he said, adding, “at no incremental cost.”

At Xcel Energy’s Midwest utilities, “we think we can achieve even more sensational carbon reduction goals,” Fowke said. “We'd like to talk about carbon-free energy by 2030 at 85 percent.”
Quote:
“I will tell you, it's not a matter of if we're going to retire our coal fleet in this nation, it's just a matter of when,” Fowke said.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:29 AM   #696
gweeps

This was a troubling read: [Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #697
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This was a troubling read: [Only registered users can see links.]
ah yes, read this yesterday....not good....
Old 06-14-2018, 01:20 PM   #698
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Another example showing the coal industry is dead. No more. We are moving on. Trump is wrong. He's living in the past. He's manipulating the uneducated.

Quote:
shuttering the Karn coal-fired power plant in 2023, eliminating coal use and more than tripling renewable energy utilization in just over a decade.
Quote:
"In-depth modeling analysis showed higher levels of energy efficiency and demand management programs and renewable energy are the best and most affordable way to meet customers' needs in the future," the utility said in a statement Wednesday.
Quote:
“Coal is becoming less economically viable every day. Consumers Energy’s prudent decision to retire the Karn coal plant recognizes that reality," Earthjustice Managing Attorney Shannon Fisk said in a statement
Old 06-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #699
ggies
Sugar Will '04

We keep destroying our planet for something we don't need anymore....

Quote:
"Domestic energy production from Federal waters strengthens the nation’s security and reduces reliance on imported energy,”
FALSE. Renewable energy strengthens our national security by not having to rely AT ALL on any other nation because you know, the Sun's energy is EVERYWHERE......
Old 06-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #700
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I was skimming youtube and found this video. I didn't realize Craig Ferguson and his wife had a special called 'Couple Thinkers'. In this episode, they talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

One of the things Neil harps on is educating those who do not understand what is going on so they can make better decisions that improve their life.

That's the reason I created this thread, to inform those who might not know and hopefully they will spread the knowledge once it's figured out.

The conversation gets pretty deep even though it's surrounded by comedy.

To me, Neil is a very inspiring person. Check it out.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc