Ah there he is. Still not medication compliant
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #15902
zaphod!
best step-dad. he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Ah there he is. Still not medication compliant
are you going to have another little meltdown for us today, tamby? is your phone going ding ding ding this evening, or is it past their bedtimes?
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #15903
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I’ve creampied 3 times today, if you are so curious
Old 01-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #15904
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

We’re banning unvaccinated truckers from entering the country. Glad to see Biden doing everything he can to alleviate inflation and supply chain bottlenecks
Old 01-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #15905
zaphod!
best step-dad. he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Iíve creampied 3 times today, if you are so curious
those poor children.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:01 PM   #15906
gweeps
homesick android

These people accidentally got six doses in one shot.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-23-2022, 06:10 AM   #15907
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3641 View Post
I don't know his intent in posting it, but I found it funny only because it fit the song so exactly. The joke really wasn't that an unvaxxed person died from covid. If it was "I would do anything for love, but I won't die of a massive heart attack", well that doesn't fit as perfectly does it? Now, if you're talking about what can and can't be joked about, isnt that a little woke for you, Josh?
When did I say he can’t make the jokes?

I said they’re low-hanging fruit and low brow. They’re easy and make him sound like a psychopath. I didn’t tell him to stop saying whatever dumb shit he wants to say about people dying of a disease. Free speech allows him to say whatever stupid shit he wants to say and I’d rather protect his right to say what he wants to say even when it’s stupid.

A woke dipshit would try to cancel a person entirely, have them lose their job, threaten them, and outwardly try to ruin their lives for saying something they didn’t want them to say. Truthfully, when it comes to me: there’s nothing I love more than an idiot with a platform.

I know that’s a level of nuance you don’t want to understand.

Edit: turned the knife a couple extra times

Last edited by Josh.0; 01-23-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #15908
Dubs

B.A.2 (stealth omicron). They call it stealth because PCR’s aren’t picking it up. It also looks like if you’ve had omicron, you can get re-infected with B.A.2. No good.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:38 AM   #15909
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
B.A.2 (stealth omicron). They call it stealth because PCRís arenít picking it up. It also looks like if youíve had omicron, you can get re-infected with B.A.2. No good.
Well, happy Monday to you too.

But seriously, another COVID winter of misery, widespread illness and restrictions. I can feel my mental health plummeting with each week since the holidays. Will this shit ever end? Anyone got any good news?
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #15910
zaphod!
best step-dad. he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post

But seriously, another COVID winter of misery, widespread illness and restrictions. I can feel my mental health plummeting with each week since the holidays. Will this shit ever end? Anyone got any good news?
i'm still optimistic that paxlovid and similar drugs will put and end to the "pandemic" mode we're all in. once those drugs are in wide enough distribution, those who get covid will take them and stay home with a cold instead of potentially going to the hospital.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:51 AM   #15911
Dubs

Happy Monday. Another week of me going into messy ass houses and apartments to hook up their internet. Yay……
Old 01-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #15912
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:

I hear you, man. Just gotta hold on 'til Spring, I hope.

But I'm struggling as well. I realized the other day it's been over two years sine I've seen any of my main family, let alone given them hugs.

And everywhere I look, things seem to be coming apart at the seams.

Anyway, I'm alive, have food to eat, etc., so I shouldn't worry too much.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:17 AM   #15913
mario

Mild infection has been shown to produce mild "natural immunity".
Omicron is generally a milder infection than previous strands of Covid.
Therefore, will Omicron infections produce a meaningful amount of immunity in the unvaccinated?

Beyond that, the picture is murky. For example, we know milder infections have, with past strains, produced less effective immunity. If a hallmark of omicron is milder infections — and that’s the main reason why there’s so much chatter that it might just be better to get this variant and get some natural immunity — how much immunity can anyone really expect to come out of those mild infections with? “We’re going to know for sure in a few weeks because a ton of preprint is coming out about it, but I don’t know the answer today,” Moore said. It’s information journalists can come back and update you on later, but it makes informed speculation hard now. (Meanwhile, keep an eye on [Only registered users can see links.] .)

The same holds true when you start trying to parse out what vaccinated people can expect from a breakthrough case of omicron. The combination of vaccine and infection-induced immunity has been shown to produce a hybrid that is probably more effective than either type alone — but, again, that research came from pre-omicron studies. Is a breakthrough case as good as a booster? If you’re going to get a booster after you’ve had a breakthrough case, how long should you wait?

Those are questions scientists don’t have the answers to yet, partly because there’s no clear through line of what to expect once you’re dealing with omicron.

“Maybe your readers are right in being confused, because we don’t really know how long-lasting the immunity you get from omicron will be,” said David Thomas, the director of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Which brings us to the biggest question of all: Will the many infections, reinfections and breakthrough infections associated with omicron maybe — finally — put us in a better position for a well-protected, safer society? Maybe even a society that doesn’t have any more big waves crashing on its head?

Theoretically, yes, Klausner told me. And he’s optimistic that it will. Thomas and Dennehy, on the other hand, were more cautious. After all, Dennehy pointed out, there’s no guarantee that future strains will be related to omicron. If omicron is different enough from delta that it evades immunity from that previous variant, what happens if a future variant comes along that’s evolved from delta and not omicron? It’s not unreasonable to expect a whole new wave.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #15914
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I hear you, man. Just gotta hold on 'til Spring, I hope.

But I'm struggling as well. I realized the other day it's been over two years sine I've seen any of my main family, let alone given them hugs.

And everywhere I look, things seem to be coming apart at the seams.

Anyway, I'm alive, have food to eat, etc., so I shouldn't worry too much.
Sad to hear you haven't seen your immediate family since the pandemic started. I assume they live far enough away to make it difficult, even when cases and restrictions were minimal last summer/fall.

The whole first half of 2021 was so rough, that when things started opening in July, I started living a very carpe diem lifestyle, because I felt like we could get locked down again at any minute. Everything felt fleeting, so I tried to live it up. I even did shit I wouldn't ordinarily rush to do - like go ride a bunch of roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland. I also went on 3 trips, saw 6 DMB concerts, saw about 10 movies in theaters, went to a beer festival, did bars, restaurants etc and more.

All of those memories are keeping me sane right now, despite being back in shitty COVID + restriction life. I just wish this pendulum between life & lockdown would stop swinging. It's exhausting and a mindfuck.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #15915
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Sad to hear you haven't seen your immediate family since the pandemic started. I assume they live far enough away to make it difficult, even when cases and restrictions were minimal last summer/fall.

The whole first half of 2021 was so rough, that when things started opening in July, I started living a very carpe diem lifestyle, because I felt like we could get locked down again at any minute. Everything felt fleeting, so I tried to live it up. I even did shit I wouldn't ordinarily rush to do - like go ride a bunch of roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland. I also went on 3 trips, saw 6 DMB concerts, saw about 10 movies in theaters, went to a beer festival, did bars, restaurants etc and more.

All of those memories are keeping me sane right now, despite being back in shitty COVID + restriction life. I just wish this pendulum between life & lockdown would stop swinging. It's exhausting and a mindfuck.
Thanks. Yeah, they live in Muskoka.

Glad to see you took advantage of life when you had the chance. I'm sure you'll have the chance again. I really do think this will be the last Winter for widespread Covid restrictions.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:55 PM   #15916
mario

[...][Only registered users can see links.] , and it’s dangerous to assume the pandemic has entered its endgame.
[...]

Since the omicron variant was identified just nine weeks ago[...]

Ghebreyesus acknowledged that people around the world are tired — from lockdowns and restrictions to hurting economies and governments attempting to walk a “tightrope” — and tried to strike a balance between what they know is effective with what people will accept.

“But learning to live with COVID cannot mean that we give this virus a free ride. It cannot mean that we accept almost 50 thousand deaths a week, from a preventable and treatable disease,” said Ghebreyesus.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:02 PM   #15917
gweeps
homesick android

If the world has vaccines and antivirals, etc then, yes, there must be a baseline we accept.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #15918
Josh.0

Meanwhile, CDC finally reports natural immunity is better than vaccination. Oh, and vaccination is, in fact, as long-known by anyone that’s not an idiot and has spent two seconds researching coronaviruses, at best redundant to natural immunity and at worst an unnecessary risk to those that’ve already survived infection.

This bloke breaks it down nicely:

Old 01-24-2022, 01:16 PM   #15919
Josh.0

Meanwhile: some cities are still trying to enforce vaccine passports among people that’ve already had a COVID-19 infection.

I hope some of you have come to your senses when it comes to the insane ridiculousness of vaccine mandates for a coronavirus that many, many people have already beaten. Insane government overreach that a shocking amount of people on this board supported very vocally.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:22 PM   #15920
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Meanwhile: some cities are still trying to enforce vaccine passports among people thatíve already had a COVID-19 infection.

I hope some of you have come to your senses when it comes to the insane ridiculousness of vaccine mandates for a coronavirus that many, many people have already beaten. Insane government overreach that a shocking amount of people on this board supported very vocally.
What do you suggest? Take peopleís word for it?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc