These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #1021
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
They can have Bloomberg run as independent and publicly support him
No conservative is going to elect a dude who thinks you shouldn't be able to get a large drink at the drive thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #1022
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
No conservative is going to elect a dude who thinks you shouldn't be able to get a large drink at the drive thru.
But I would. This country disgusts me.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #1023
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
Yeah, I see no universe where Donald Trump ends up with the nuclear codes.
I agree with this 100%. I see trump getting the republican nod because the party is so broken, but I just see no scenario where he actually becomes president.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #1024
mario

I just threw Bloomberg out there as the name because he's actually floated the idea, it could be someone else.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #1025
ggies
Sugar Will '04

A great segment from Seth Meyers:

Bernie Saners, A Closer Look: [Only registered users can see links.]
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #1026
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

This is so perfect. And so worth the 20 minutes.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #1027
malachite00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
That was really fantastic!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #1028
Bluewater34
Is Old

Donald Drumpf is officially my new favorite thing.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #1029
MUDaveFan
Kind of a big deal

Great source:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Again, all Rubio has to do is keep it close and get delegates in each state. No state is winner take all and it's proportionally done. If Rubio keeps it close (and I believe he will), Kasich should drop out tomorrow morning. Although that moron said he wants to stay in until after Ohio. If Cruz falters in a lot of the states (which will happen) maybe he'll see the writing on the wall. Doubtful.

But yeah, just b/c Trump might "win" every state tonight except Texas and possibly Virginia, doesn't mean it's a runaway. I'm still holding out hope that Rubio can somehow win Ohio and Florida and all their delegates. Especially if it's one on one.

DMB for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
MUDaveFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #1030
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
None of his supporters care. And, in their minds, the fact that the political class and media are pushing back so hard against Trump is validating his candidacy. If they, the people who are actively attempting to screw the middle class in their mind, are so against Trump it must mean that he's a danger to them and, therefore, a friend to the people.

Quote:
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #1031
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDaveFan View Post
Great source:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Again, all Rubio has to do is keep it close and get delegates in each state. No state is winner take all and it's proportionally done. If Rubio keeps it close (and I believe he will), Kasich should drop out tomorrow morning. Although that moron said he wants to stay in until after Ohio. If Cruz falters in a lot of the states (which will happen) maybe he'll see the writing on the wall. Doubtful.

But yeah, just b/c Trump might "win" every state tonight except Texas and possibly Virginia, doesn't mean it's a runaway. I'm still holding out hope that Rubio can somehow win Ohio and Florida and all their delegates. Especially if it's one on one.

Kasich isn't going anywhere until after Ohio and Michigan. He's staked his entire campaign on those two states. If he drops before the 15th I'll be completely shocked. As for Cruz, he needs to win Texas. If he wins there he'll be in for the long haul. If he loses there, he has no argument to make that staying in makes sense.

Rubio is probably headed to a bunch more second place finishes, which keeps him in the race for delegates, but still won't show that he can beat Trump. That makes winning Florida even more do-or-die for him.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #1032
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. I see trump getting the republican nod because the party is so broken, but I just see no scenario where he actually becomes president.
I hate politics, but if this happens, I'm moving to Canada or Mexico.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #1033
Bluewater34
Is Old

Politics

Apparently Rubio's team in DC met with a big group of backers today to basically say not to expect much more than 100 delegates from today, then outlined a strategy to win the nomination without winning a single primary that hinges on him getting the nomination at a brokered convention. That's the absolute narrowest of paths.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/top-rubio-advisor-preparing-donors-for-dismal-super-tuesday-220046
Old 03-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #1034
Mitch

If there were a brokered convention, then I assume Trump would then run as an Independent. Which would then seem to lead to a Clinton victory in the election. Right?
Old 03-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #1035
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
If there were a brokered convention, then I assume Trump would then run as an Independent. Which would then seem to lead to a Clinton victory in the election. Right?
doesn't a brokered convention with anyone other than trump ending up as the nominee spell trouble for the republicans? I mean if trump has a big night tonight and polling holds true going forward, someone else getting the nomination probably really pisses off trump supporters...especially when he is all over the media being a sore loser about it threatening lawsuits and talking about it being stolen from him.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #1036
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
doesn't a brokered convention with anyone other than trump ending up as the nominee spell trouble for the republicans? I mean if trump has a big night tonight and polling holds true going forward, someone else getting the nomination probably really pisses off trump supporters...especially when he is all over the media being a sore loser about it threatening lawsuits and talking about it being stolen from him.

Yeah, I think if it goes into the convention with Trump in front and anyone else walks out with the nomination that's pretty much the end of the big business/social conservative coalition for a very long time. If that happens the Trump/Tea Party wing will likely split.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #1037
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

You ideally end up with some kind of compromise candidate that everyone can live with -- I have no idea who that is, though.

The idea is to prevent massive numbers of people from staying home and torpedoing Congrssional and local races. The WH is a lost cause, it's all about preserving the firewall in the Senate and the next gen working their way through local races.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #1038
Mersh

I think the Republicans will have trouble in the Senate regardless.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #1039
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I think the Republicans will have trouble in the Senate regardless.

McConnell is reportedly telling his Senators who are up for reelection this year that they can campaign against Trump if he's the nominee. Apparently he's gone as far as to say that it's ok to treat the Presidency as a lost cause and pitch the Senate as the place to stand against President Hillary.

Also, Harry Reid telegraphed an attack line today when he said that McConnell was holding up Scalia's replacement so President Trump can choose his successor. That should have some traction.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #1040
Bluewater34
Is Old

Clinton wins Georgia and Virginia, Sanders gets Vermont. No surprises there.

GOP results in those states should be coming in soon.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc