These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #221
Vincent
Theologian
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly and DC
Posts: 2,604
It started with Gary's anti-government libertarians comment.

A generalization with little substance. To your point most libertarians are level headed and reasonable.

For example:

You can't argue that the uncontrolled spending, started by Bush 2 and expanded by the current regime, won't be followed by significant negative consequences.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #222
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
To your point most libertarians are level headed and reasonable.
]
that is not the experience i've had.

whatever reasonable point they have is typically buried underneath random bizarre conspiracies or a general "everyone else who doesn't believe what i believe is ruining America and not as smart as I am" attitude.

basically. what i'm saying is Tambourine Man is generally the type of libertarian that the few acquaintances i have are like.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #223
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,343
How does everyone feel about abortion?
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #224
.Gary.
 
.Gary.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
A generalization with little substance. To your point most libertarians are level headed and reasonable.
Isn't that a generalization with little substance?
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #225
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
How does everyone feel about abortion?
this is one of my least favorite subjects just because more than any other it's impossible to change anyone's mind.

i'm pro choice, but i can understand why someone would be pro life.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #226
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
this is one of my least favorite subjects just because more than any other it's impossible to change anyone's mind.

i'm pro choice, but i can understand why someone would be pro life.
Yeah its such a screwed up topic, I can understand a female who was raped wanting to make her own choice, but at the same time our generation, and the 16-25 year olds out there need to own up to their decisions. Everyone knows what gets you pregnant, and everyone knows how to prevent it, so unless a female is raped, then its 50 percent her "fault".
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #227
TheSniper26
Registered User
 
TheSniper26's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
this is one of my least favorite subjects just because more than any other it's impossible to change anyone's mind.

i'm pro choice, but i can understand why someone would be pro life.
This is more or less my stance on it as well. I just hate that conservatives equate being pro choice with being "pro abortion". Nobody's rooting for fucking abortions. Acknowledging that there are circumstances where it might be the right decision is just being sensible.
TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #228
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
This is more or less my stance on it as well. I just hate that conservatives equate being pro choice with being "pro abortion". Nobody's rooting for fucking abortions. Acknowledging that there are circumstances where it might be the right decision is just being sensible.
yeah exactly.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #229
JustinC
 
JustinC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,138
the other thing about it is the people that would be protesting someone getting an abortion are the same people who would bitch because the mother might at some point go on some sort of government assistance even if it was just temporary.

Oh and a good amount if not all of these people are also anti-birth control.

Gotta love the "fuck you, do it my way" people when it comes to this.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #230
Vincent
Theologian
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly and DC
Posts: 2,604
Interesting take on the Hagel nomination.

[Only registered users can see links.]

One of a very few on the right that favor reduced defense spending.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #231
dmb448
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,214
These stupid Republicans that keep going after women's bodies. The last election hasn't sunk in yet to them that women don't want there bodies controlled by men.

Also the Repubs should realize that the debt ceiling has to be raised it even says it in the constitution that all of our countries debts must be paid without any interference.
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #232
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb448 View Post
These stupid Republicans that keep going after women's bodies. The last election hasn't sunk in yet to them that women don't want there bodies controlled by men.

Also the Repubs should realize that the debt ceiling has to be raised it even says it in the constitution that all of our countries debts must be paid without any interference.
I don't think the constitution is gonna help your argument that the debt ceiling should be raised. Do you understand why people think it is a bad idea to spend 1 trillion dollars more per year than we take in? Don't say we need to tax the rich and cut the military because that won't do it all.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #233
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
i'm pro choice, but i can understand why someone would be pro life.


That's where I'm at too. The definition of rape is pretty distorted, though. If a woman chooses to drink and some guy fucks her without force then that can be considered rape.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #234
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Is there a possibility that everyone, regardless of political stripes, could agree that the strategy of saying "give us the spending cuts we want, or we'll send the country into default" is kind of a stupid and reckless fucking way to go about governing?
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #235
brian3641
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 12,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I don't think the constitution is gonna help your argument that the debt ceiling should be raised. Do you understand why people think it is a bad idea to spend 1 trillion dollars more per year than we take in? Don't say we need to tax the rich and cut the military because that won't do it all.

We need to tax the rich and cut the military. But seriously, it's not the military that needs to be cut, it's the military-industrial complex that needs to be cut. We spend billions of dollars on companies that are trying to create a batwing, or some other ridiculous type of shit that has a 1 in billion chance of being used, let alone even working right.
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #236
brian3641
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 12,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post


That's where I'm at too. The definition of rape is pretty distorted, though. If a woman chooses to drink and some guy fucks her without force then that can be considered rape.
So, you're basically advocating the notion of "legitimate rape"?
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #237
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmytree View Post
Is there a possibility that everyone, regardless of political stripes, could agree that the strategy of saying "give us the spending cuts we want, or we'll send the country into default" is kind of a stupid and reckless fucking way to go about governing?
Nope...the country is bankrupt and we need to have a serious discussion about our spending problems. If we keep raising the debt ceiling, we will have a currency crisis.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #238
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
So, the answer's no. OK.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #239
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3641 View Post
So, you're basically advocating the notion of "legitimate rape"?
what's legitimate rape? I'm saying that women need to take responsibility for drinking. Drinking makes you want to fuck people you otherwise wouldn't. If you're gonna drink, you have to know that this could be an outcome. If you're not cool with that outcome, then don't drink. It's called personal responsibility.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #240
brian3641
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 12,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
what's legitimate rape? I'm saying that women need to take responsibility for drinking. Drinking makes you want to fuck people you otherwise wouldn't. If you're gonna drink, you have to know that this could be an outcome. If you're not cool with that outcome, then don't drink. It's called personal responsibility.
Guy, if I did what you describe to you sister (if you have one) you'd want my balls on a silver platter. You're saying if a bitch gets drunk she should expect to be fucked. How about a little accountability on the part of the dude? I've been in situations where I could have taken advantage of a drunken chick, but I didn't cause I have morals.
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09704 seconds with 16 queries