These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 09:06 AM   #4421
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Did you use invisible text when you addressed the following, because I didn’t see your response, just more whining:
i've never declared sweden an absolute failure. the only thing i've ever personally said about sweden is that its deaths-per-capita stat is pretty bad and asked you to comment on that, which you've always just dodged and tried to name-call your way out of.

if their strategy ends up working out for them - in the context that they're among the top deaths-per-capita countries in the developed world - then good for them, i guess?

if you want to wait a couple of years to see how it works out in the end - which again: WAS YOUR IDEA - then fine. if you want to cherry-pick points in time and slices of data which somehow align with your personal agenda, then that's fine too.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #4422
mario

Tuesday at a High School in Georgia:

Seems bad, right? But it turns out that [Only registered users can see links.] to find out what's really going on.
North Paulding High School, about an hour outside Atlanta, reopened Monday despite an outbreak among members of its high school football team, many of whom, a Facebook video shows, worked out together in a crowded indoor gym last week as part of a weightlifting fundraiser.

Within days of that workout, several North Paulding players had tested positive for the coronavirus. The school’s parents were notified just hours before the first day of class.

And multiple teachers at North Paulding say there are positive tests among school staff, including a staff member who came into contact with most teachers at the school while exhibiting symptoms last week. Teachers and staff said the school won’t confirm coronavirus infections among district employees, citing privacy reasons.
Despite recommendations from [Only registered users can see links.] , the district has called mask-wearing a “personal choice” and said that social distancing “will not be possible to enforce” in “most cases.”
Some students at North Paulding say they were forced to attend school in person because [Only registered users can see links.] . A narrow sign-up window for virtual classes meant many parents missed their opportunity to enroll their children online.
James’ parents saw the photograph that had been circulating Tuesday and told him, “You are not going back to school again,” he said. But a few hours later, his mother had spoken to the school and was told that students who “chose not to go to school” could face suspension or expulsion.
On Wednesday, he went back to school. “I had no choice,” he said.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #4423
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
i've never declared sweden an absolute failure. the only thing i've ever personally said about sweden is that its deaths-per-capita stat is pretty bad and asked you to comment on that, which you've always just dodged and tried to name-call your way out of.

if their strategy ends up working out for them - in the context that they're among the top deaths-per-capita countries in the developed world - then good for them, i guess?

if you want to wait a couple of years to see how it works out in the end - which again: WAS YOUR IDEA - then fine. if you want to cherry-pick points in time and slices of data which somehow align with your personal agenda, then that's fine too.
This is such a distortion of so many past conversations in here I don’t even know where to begin.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Donald Trump eats his own boogers.

Last edited by Josh.0; Today at 09:59 AM.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #4424
mario

I see Josh is just actively trolling now. Hydroxychloriquine! I never said that, YOU said that!

Sad rea;;y

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #4425
mario

Who the fuck is getting on a cruise ship right now? Jesus Christ...
[Only registered users can see links.]

A passenger aboard the Wilderness Adventurer received a positive COVID-19 test result on Tuesday, the UnCruise Adventures line [Only registered users can see links.] . After the positive test, the cruise line said it has decided to suspend all future Alaska departures for the year.

Quote:
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #4426
Josh.0

Norway also just had an outbreak on a cruise ship.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #4427
Josh.0

Quote:
I see Josh is just actively trolling now. Hydroxychloriquine! I never said that, YOU said that!

Sad rea;;y
What in the holy hell are you talking about? And sad rea;;y is more 2005 than Allen Iverson.

We need to get you a makeover bud.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Vol. 2

Quote:
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #4428
Mersh

Quote:
Who the fuck is getting on a cruise ship right now? Jesus Christ...

A passenger aboard the Wilderness Adventurer received a positive COVID-19 test result on Tuesday, the UnCruise Adventures line [Only registered users can see links.] . After the positive test, the cruise line said it has decided to suspend all future Alaska departures for the year.

Cruises were cesspools before COVID.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #4429
zaphod!

Quote:
This is such a distortion of so many past conversations in here I don’t even know where to begin.
okay.gif
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:54 AM   #4430
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Cruises were cesspools before COVID.
An ex dragged me on one in 2011 and I wanted to springboard off the deck into the ocean the entire time. It’s like taking the worst people in Disney World and stuffing their assess into cramped quarters with shitty entertainment, food, and drinks and acting as if the open ocean, where the view never changes, is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen in your life.

Once and never again. The only redeeming factor was we ended up on some island that sold Cuban cigars, which we snuck onto the ship and smoked when the deck was empty in the middle of the night with a few glasses of cognac. That was nice, fuck everything else. It’s Casa Bonita out at sea where there’s nowhere to run.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Vol. 2

Quote:
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #4431
Josh.0

I also won a “Best Chugger in Puerto Rico” tournament in San Juan, so that was nice too. Lots of free beer and easy admiration from the locals. But the ship experience itself sucked balls.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Vol. 2

Quote:
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #4432
Mersh

Floating norovirus tubs.
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #4433
mario

Two high school students in Georgia say they were suspended after they posted photos and footage of students – some of whom were not seen wearing a face covering – crowding in their school’s hallways after it resumed in-person classes.

One 15-year-old student at North Paulding High School in Dallas, Ga., told [Only registered users can see links.] in an interview on Thursday that she was suspended for sharing a photo and footage on Twitter of crowded hallways at her school earlier this week.
The student told BuzzFeed News that the school principal, Gabe Carmona, warned students later on Wednesday that they could face punishment if they criticize the school online.

Things are going great!

Quote:
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #4434
Mersh

For what it’s worth, even if a kid posted pictures of hallways during non-Covid times they’d probably get pulled into the office at the very least. Not saying it is great and not saying politics/Covid aren’t at play here, but this stuff also isn’t unusual.
Old Today, 03:45 PM   #4435
mario

Quote:
For what it’s worth, even if a kid posted pictures of hallways during non-Covid times they’d probably get pulled into the office at the very least. Not saying it is great and not saying politics/Covid aren’t at play here, but this stuff also isn’t unusual.
5 Days suspension?

But the kicker is the last paragraph: the school principal, Gabe Carmona, warned students later on Wednesday that they could face punishment if they criticize the school online.

Quote:
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #4436
Mersh

Quote:
5 Days suspension?

But the kicker is the last paragraph: the school principal, Gabe Carmona, warned students later on Wednesday that they could face punishment if they criticize the school online.
Don’t know...depends on the district. I have seen kids get suspended for similar things though.
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #4437
jeff1818

Quote:
Don’t know...depends on the district. I have seen kids get suspended for similar things though.
5 days suspension could save that kid's life.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #4438
Mersh

Again, I’m not getting into that, I’m just saying schools suspend/punish kids for stuff like this outside of the context of Covid.
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #4439
Mersh

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised that Covid/the politics of Covid play a role.
Old Today, 10:19 PM   #4440
Steveo Style

Quote:
Again, I’m not getting into that, I’m just saying schools suspend/punish kids for stuff like this outside of the context of Covid.
Why? The unions?
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc