These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #13861
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24 View Post
it's better than solid. So far I've seen Boyhood, Theory of Everything, Gone Girl and Birdman from the "Oscar contender" list and Whiplash was easily my favorite.
Wow, awesome stuff. I thought it was strange that they chose Miles Teller, because he always plays an ass-hole type character haha
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #13862
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24 View Post
it's better than solid. So far I've seen Boyhood, Theory of Everything, Gone Girl and Birdman from the "Oscar contender" list and Whiplash was easily my favorite.
I've seen those, minus Theory of Everything, and my ranking is probably this, best to worst:

Boyhood
Whiplash
Gone Girl
Birdman

They're all so different, but Boyhood resonated the most with me and felt like nothing I'd ever seen before. Whiplash was masterfully acted and offered a lot of food for thought (and the music scenes really brought out the intensity of jazz). Gone Girl and Birdman were both great and really entertaining but had some noticeable flaws I thought, so I ranked them a bit lower. All great movies though.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #13863
gweeps

I've only seen Birdman and Gone Girl from that list. I'd rank Birdman above Gone Girl. It's more my kind of movie. Keaton at least deserves a nomination from the Academy. Some of Gone Girl reminded me of that Side Effects film.

DMB related: Just relistened to the debut performance of Dive In. First time in years. It holds up. The lovely outro they nixed soon after is wonderful. Boyd's on point, the harmonies are sweet. Shame more people don't like the song. It has great rhythm.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #13864
willndmb

Who just saw #58 on the pats take his mouthpiece out of his cup
Lmaooo
My friend got in on video. I'll see if he can up it if you missed it
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #13865
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

On the Dave Matthews wiki:

[...] his first known band was a local Speed Metal band called Devastator.

Did I miss something?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #13866
Bluewater34
Is Old

Was that maybe the name of Tim's band back then? We know Dave sat in with them, but I've long forgotten (if indeed I ever knew) what the name of that band was, if it wasn't TR3.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #13867
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I've only seen Birdman and Gone Girl from that list. I'd rank Birdman above Gone Girl. It's more my kind of movie. Keaton at least deserves a nomination from the Academy. Some of Gone Girl reminded me of that Side Effects film.

DMB related: Just relistened to the debut performance of Dive In. First time in years. It holds up. The lovely outro they nixed soon after is wonderful. Boyd's on point, the harmonies are sweet. Shame more people don't like the song. It has great rhythm.
I've loved it from the get go. Some nice vocal delivery. Might not be my cup of tea lyric wise, but I'd take it over a lot of post Lillywhite tunes.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #13868
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

I saw this article on the web about the forthcoming album. Nothing really ground breaking but here's the link

[Only registered users can see links.]

According to a source, rumors of Dave Matthews Band working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said.
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #13869
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

lolz "Comeback tour"
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #13870
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poth Ead View Post
I saw this article on the web about the forthcoming album. Nothing really ground breaking but here's the link

According to a source, rumors of Dave Matthews Band working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. Its still in the early stages, They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper, a source said.
That really was basically useless. It refers to the tour as a "comeback," from what? 7 months off? That's some piss-poor writing. There's also a note that says that the story isn't true, but I can't make sense of it. Also, has anyone heard that this is supposed to be a "back-to-basics" album? I thought the last one was referred to that way.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #13871
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
That really was basically useless. It refers to the tour as a "comeback," from what? 7 months off? That's some piss-poor writing. There's also a note that says that the story isn't true, but I can't make sense of it. Also, has anyone heard that this is supposed to be a "back-to-basics" album? I thought the last one was referred to that way.
This phrase is over-used. They say that about all the albums.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #13872
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
This phrase is over-used. They say that about all the albums.
Agreed, my point was that I haven't heard it once used in connection with this particular recording session. Has anyone?
Old 01-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #13873
cgator41
Johnny Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Agreed, my point was that I haven't heard it once used in connection with this particular recording session. Has anyone?
No. Dave said basically the opposite in Rolling Stone: "I'm just trying to come up with something that doesn't sound like the past."

This article is generic and useless.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #13874
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
No. Dave said basically the opposite in Rolling Stone: "I'm just trying to come up with something that doesn't sound like the past."

This article is generic and useless.
he always says that, though. he needs to come up with something that sounds like 1994-1998, lol
Old 01-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #13875
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poth Ead View Post

According to a source, rumors of Dave Matthews Band working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. Its still in the early stages, They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper, a source said.
Seriously? When will people stop looking at that crappy website and thinking its real? It's a fucking idiotic website that posts generic article frames and reposts it for all different bands to get hits on google searches and make money on ads. Look:

Quote:
Have [Only registered users can see links.] been working on a new album? While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the music group is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.
UPDATE 15/01/2015 : This story seems to be false. [Only registered users can see links.]
According to a source, rumors of Daft Punk working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. Its still in the early stages, They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper, a source said.

Quote:
ave [Only registered users can see links.] been working on a new album? While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the music group is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.UPDATE 15/01/2015 : This story seems to be false. [Only registered users can see links.]
According to a source, rumors of LCD Soundsystem (James Murphy, ed) working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. Its still in the early stages, They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper, a source said.

Quote:
Have [Only registered users can see links.] been working on a new album? While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.
UPDATE 15/01/2015 : This story seems to be false. [Only registered users can see links.]
According to a source, rumors of Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant, ed) working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. Its still in the early stages, They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper, a source said. I think it would be the best tribute ever to John Bonham.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #13876
Bluewater34
Is Old

Wow.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #13877
Mitch

Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #13878
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

I actually met someone that does that shit for a living. The goal is just to get clicks to generate ad revenue... Period. Somebody was paid $20 to write that "article" and probably cranked out 20 others tonight for popular bands
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 PM   #13879
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

My sincere apologies for posting the article. I didn't know it was a hoax. And Mario are you an asshole in real life too?
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #13880
sean52692
You failed this band

The first article I saw from that website was about Dave Matthews playing James Bond in the next movie.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc