Show #9

Live Setlist: [Only registered users can see links.]

sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry

Venue looks fantastic
Originally Posted by altman
xavier rudd is awesome. this year he tried to compete with warren for the title of "slut of bonnaroo".
Dschakobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Bluewater34
Is Old

I would feel weird at a Rock show in that room. Wow.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Bartender opener
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #5
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry

Warehouse opener
xavier rudd is awesome. this year he tried to compete with warren for the title of "slut of bonnaroo".
Old 04-01-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Bartender opener
good call

so far.. quite a run

Bartender
Satellite
One Sweet World
Minarets
Samurai Cop
Crush
Pretty Bird
So Damn Lucky
The Dreaming Tree

Last edited by Dschakobi; 04-01-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS

Very nice to see DT pop up!
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
Mitch

What a beautiful venue for a D&T show!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #9
NiCK Crush

I love Dreaming Tree D&T
Old 04-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #10
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry

Bartender
Satellite
One Sweet World
Minarets
Samurai Cop
Crush
Pretty Bird
Gravedigger
So Damn Lucky
Healing Notion
The Dreaming Tree
You & Me
Black and Blue Bird
Grey Street
Death On High Seas
Save Me
Virgina In The Rain
Jimi Thing
Stream
The Space Between
Two Step
-----------------------
Dive In
Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #11
greykitkat36

Weird looking show, DT! Is awesome. So happy they busted that out. After that though, the set completely nosedives. Great first half, atrocious second half. The saving grace is that some of those songs are good in D+T style. But imagine that run after Dreamjng Tree at a DMB show, we would head for the hills
Old 04-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #12
NiCK Crush

Things are starting to get more interesting. Bodes well for the US.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #13
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

The fact it took 9 years for D&T to play DT speaks for itself.

Also, here's an idea. Stop playing Satellite for a minute and instead play Typical or LLD. Just once, because you're bored.

And for the love of fucking god please forget you ever created songs like Y&M, Dive In, B&BB.

Oh, and here's another idea: ever think of throwing your hardcore fans that have supported you for 20 years a bone and maybe bust out something crazy and creative like a D&T Hello Again - instead of, oh, maybe that boring ass tune VitR that you've played 8 times already. I know it'll take practice and caring, but hey, what else you got going on.

These shows in a couple months will require an effective, optimal buzz to get through.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #14
crazycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post

Also, here's an idea. Stop playing Satellite for a minute and instead play Typical or LLD. Just once, because you're bored.

And for the love of fucking god please forget you ever created songs like Y&M, Dive In, B&BB.

Oh, and here's another idea: ever think of throwing your hardcore fans that have supported you for 20 years a bone and maybe bust out something crazy and creative like a D&T Hello Again - instead of, oh, maybe that boring ass tune VitR that you've played 8 times already. I know it'll take practice and caring, but hey, what else you got going on.

These shows in a couple months will require an effective, optimal buzz to get through.
Well said...I like your style
Old 04-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #15
SeekUpAB

Pretty nice looking set. Really strong first half, second is weak and standard but enough classics to be enjoyable.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #16
dmb2much40

Amen typsitch, amen.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #17
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:

DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #18
greykitkat36

Quote:

While I agree, you have to keep it in mind that part of why Dave is continuing is because he needs to find joy in playing. The reason he hasn't played Hello Again (or other songs) in forever could be that he isn't very big on the song. He never thought much of it, and it just kind of went away. If he truly really liked the song and thought the majority of people want to hear it, he'd definitely put in effort to re-learn it, it's clearly not a priority. He likes playing a lot of the same songs, probably because A)he personally likes them and finds joy in playing them and B) he knows they are major fan favorites and they get the crowd going.

Hello Again, honestly, I be willing to bet if we actually did a legit poll, less than 20% of the fanbase is even aware of that song. Unless you collect all the Live Trax or bought several live albums, you have no idea it exists.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:40 AM   #19
greykitkat36

Also, once again, a lot of these shows haven't been two night stands and many of them have been in different countries altogether. It makes a big difference. The US will no doubt be similar because it's also a lot of one nighters. We all should know better by now...if you want to see the best of the band or D+T this summer, you need to go to the major 2 night stands, bottom line. Mann and SPAC will all be killer shows, and will be a great mix of stuff with bustouts...just like every year how Alpine, SPAC, Gorge, Camden etc. all get the special treatment. If you go to one off-shows expecting a crazy unique hardcore setlist, you're really hoping for a miracle.

I do think it's silly that some songs get played at almost every show though, hard to imagine that Dave likes certain songs THAT much, but i guess he does
Old 04-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #20
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

Hello Again was released on a studio album that debuted at Number 1 - the fan base that attends live shows knows the song. It's whether they can identify it in the first 10 seconds that is the question.

The legitimate gripes we have with setlist writing shouldn't be the amount of times Satellite, You and Me, Virginia in the Rain get played this tour, in completely different countries. The gripes should be that Dave feels those songs are better than LLD, Typical, Hello Again, etc. That's my biggest gripe - Dave doesn't always know which of his songs are the best out of a certain grouping.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc