These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #61
SeekUpAB

Meh, I'm with Theme on this one. Great show, but can't get excited about an official release.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #62
crazycreep

I would have went with 1/27/99...great show...the little thing & deed is done make it a standout in 99 & they both have great lyrics...and no good recording of it
Old 03-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #63
DIDO36

Excellent version of Halloween.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #64
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....

Well this is freaking awesome. The more all time classics released the better

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #65
blumathu

I don't think I've listened to this one before. I used to have the next night on CD I believe. Looking forward to this one.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #66
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

Top 3 D&T show for me - this, prism and 2-19-96 got worn out on my discman. I always felt this show had a special vibe to it. Would love either 2-21-97 or 2-23-97 on dmblive at some point this year - but maybe I'm just being greedy.
buddha05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #67
soups
I like dmb sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBBoyd View Post
To sound horrendously elitist, I only want D+T shows where the guitars are recorded via mic instead of DI. The difference is just too much. Those '96 shows are perfection in terms of acoustics. Release that whole tour. The SBD feeds sound flat in comparison.
The 1999 shows had smaller condenser mic's for the recordings as well...not the longer mic's from other years. You'll get your DI / Mic'd sound in this one also I'm sure

Last edited by soups; 03-14-2017 at 11:30 AM.
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #68
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha05 View Post
Top 3 D&T show for me - this, prism and 2-19-96 got worn out on my discman. I always felt this show had a special vibe to it. Would love either 2-21-97 or 2-23-97 on dmblive at some point this year - but maybe I'm just being greedy.
nothing wrong with that!
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #69
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
The 1999 shows had smaller condenser mic's for the recordings as well...not the longer mic's from other years. You'll get your DI / Mic'd sound in this one also I'm sure

roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #70
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

If the sound quality on this is luther level, we're going to have a new leader in the club house. Initial reaction, I was bummed, but even reading this thread I am shocked how many people haven't heard this show. And that is in the darkest most hardcore dmb waste land of the internet. So, releasing possibly THE best d&t show of all time is hard to get upset about. It's easy to forget this show is now 18 years old (yesterday!). That means a kid born then can vote now. Crazy. This is going to be a top showfor a lot of people who have never heard it. And no matter how perfect Alex's tape is, this could still be better.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #71
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan83 View Post
Well this is freaking awesome. The more all time classics released the better
Exactly.

There are certain shows that need to be officially released. This is absolutely one of them, no matter how good the AUD is.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #72
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

Agreed wholeheartedly, for me this is the D&T equivalent of 12-8-98 or 12-31-96.

I hope we get a late 97 D&T via DMBlive this year, but my gut is saying they are going to release one of the shows from the last European tour to support the upcoming one.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #73
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If the sound quality on this is luther level, we're going to have a new leader in the club house. Initial reaction, I was bummed, but even reading this thread I am shocked how many people haven't heard this show. And that is in the darkest most hardcore dmb waste land of the internet. So, releasing possibly THE best d&t show of all time is hard to get upset about. It's easy to forget this show is now 18 years old (yesterday!). That means a kid born then can vote now. Crazy. This is going to be a top showfor a lot of people who have never heard it. And no matter how perfect Alex's tape is, this could still be better.
Agreed, Jack. I think this will rival Luther. And it's a great compliment to Luther because Dave and Tim evolved quite a bit by the time this show rolled around.

This is one of the best releases management has ever put out. Every D/T fan should hear this show.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #74
greykitkat36

Awesome! Top 5 D+T show of all time. The management has really been kicking ass with these last few releases. To get 12.21.02 and this right in a row like this is fantastic. Was hoping for Rivera maya, but it's possible those shows could see an in store release.

This show should have been released so much sooner. And this will be MILES better than the AUD. Even the best sounding most crisp AUD ever will never match a direct soundboard recording. And this is going to be multitrack which means it'll be way better than the DMBlive shows like 03/29/03 and would be more like LT24 or maybe dare I say Luther? Are that the mix and master of this will determine where fans like us will rank it, but even a subpar mix will be an upgrade. To get a solid release of Wild Horses, If I Had A Boat and Wynona is awesome because we don't have any of of those officially released D+T I don't believe.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #75
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

My only tiny nit pick is it does not have a spoon on the twelve string, which I always loved and I believe was only done that way at the end of the 99 tour.

Such a great show though, it will far outweigh that small gripe.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:36 PM   #76
dmb2much40

Great pick. Great show from one of their best tours. We need all the 96/97/99 d&t they'll give us. Glad we didn't get a more recent show.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #77
dmb1981

Quote:
Love this.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #78
torres

Just mix Tim great. He was too low in LT26 and just a little higher in 27.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #79
willndmb

Quote:
could be, but I'm not betting in it. Hope it is though since I'm buying it and don't want to be disappointed.
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #80
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha05 View Post
My only tiny nit pick is it does not have a spoon on the twelve string, which I always loved and I believe was only done that way at the end of the 99 tour.

Such a great show though, it will far outweigh that small gripe.
I forgot about those 12 string Spoon performances. Yeah, those were great, and I'd really like to get one of them.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc