These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #41
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Also.....how cool would D&T at Red Rocks be?
I'll any TDCer up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Was that song Cover Me Up? Isbell is a big time boss.
One of the best musicians touring today. Great live show. Great band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
If they didn't serve alcohol at these shows that would help a hell of a lot too.
Pipe dream for me because I'm not much of a drinker and wasted people at a dave/tim show is so off putting to me. Ryan Adams (not quite D/T, but still popular) did this a few years ago on a solo tour and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a show.

Watching Radio City is so uncomfortable with everyone up and dancing and singing. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy the music for once.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #42
NiCK Crush

I'd definitely make the trip to Red Rocks
Old 10-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #43
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
The Greek in Berkeley would work too.
and the LA Greek.

Apparently the NH venue is wanting more than 2 nights of D/T this summer.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #44
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I'll any TDCer up

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #45
dmblaststop

White Oak Ampitheater in Greensboro can hold 7,000 but a place like ntelos pavillion in Charlottesville is a perfect amphitheater but only holds in the neighborhood of 3,000.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #46
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Anybody going to Mexico: you lost. Going to all these European cities and seeing D&T in small venues is much better, imo. Also cheaper.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #47
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Those results are rigged!
Spot on
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #48
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Anybody going to Mexico: you lost. Going to all these European cities and seeing D&T in small venues is much better, imo. Also cheaper.
Nope. I'm fine with going to Mexico. 4 hour direct flight from Phoenix is much more doable for me than trekking to Europe. Once in Mexico I just need to roll out of bed and figure out if I want a bloody mary, mimosa or an Irish coffee to start the day and let the good times come to me.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #49
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffym View Post
Apparently the NH venue is wanting more than 2 nights of D/T this summer.
The one DMB played this past summer in Gilford or the indoor venue DMB has played during winter tours? We are talking 8300 vs 12000 so both seem plausible.

Personally I would want them to do a 4/5 night run in a Vegas theater like some artists have been doing lately. Just got an email about willy nelson doing 5 nights in February.

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #50
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Nope. I'm fine with going to Mexico. 4 hour direct flight from Phoenix is much more doable for me than trekking to Europe. Once in Mexico I just need to roll out of bed and figure out if I want a bloody mary, mimosa or an Irish coffee to start the day and let the good times come to me.
Yea, these are two entirely different experiences. it depends on what you're looking for in a vacation. Also, most people who can afford mexico probably did Europe pretty well in college / after. I would have loved to do a d&t run there in my 20's, today I'd probably lean towards what you described above. Though both would be an effing blast imho.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #51
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
The one DMB played this past summer in Gilford or the indoor venue DMB has played during winter tours? We are talking 8300 vs 12000 so both seem plausible.

Personally I would want them to do a 4/5 night run in a Vegas theater like some artists have been doing lately. Just got an email about willy nelson doing 5 nights in February.
Outdoor NH venue.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #52
mario

Quote:
I feel like the giant "DMB-mainstay" amphitheaters would be way too big; but places like The Mann in Philly and the Constellation Brands PAC that they've played in the past; capacities top out between 14-15k.

It'll still seem too big, but really, I'd guess they could fill it and it'd be more than financially viable.

Mario? Thoughts?

D+T won't sell amphitheaters.

Look back to 2003 when the band was huge still: d+t played little theaters without that much difficulty. I mean, half this board was at Oakdale opening night of that tour.

D+t in 2017 can't sell more than 10k a night if they play even 10 shows

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 AM   #53
DIDO36

If Dave and Tim are going to play outdoors this summer I wouldn't mind seeing them at oak mountain in Pelham, AL. Oak mountain Maybe a bit too big for Dave and tim though. I think it holds around 10,000.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:55 AM   #54
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I like the idea of the Euro premium ticket packages. You'll probably be guaranteed the first 15 rows in these smaller venues. Mexico has too many unknowns. Yeah mimosas sound nice, but when everybody there has been drinking them all day, meh

Anyway, I'm sure it'll work out fine for you guys
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #55
wiebrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Was that song Cover Me Up? Isbell is a big time boss.
Yep, absolutely 1 of my favorite moments at a live show. Just unreal, great song, and then great to hear it live with the crowd like that.

I get that DM and DMB will never be that way, but the closest we "could" get is D&T in a smaller venue.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #56
wiebrod

Quote:
I've also wanted Josh Ritter to open. What'd you think of his set?
I really liked him, I thought he was really good. I hadn't heard a lot of Josh Ritter until seeing him open and I've listened to some of stuff now the past couple of weeks.

Isbell is so damn good, man can tear it up with the guitar. Honestly, listening to him alot more than DMB these days.

Last edited by wiebrod; 10-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #57
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I like the idea of the Euro premium ticket packages. You'll probably be guaranteed the first 15 rows in these smaller venues. Mexico has too many unknowns. Yeah mimosas sound nice, but when everybody there has been drinking them all day, meh

Anyway, I'm sure it'll work out fine for you guys
Exactly. Spot on. How in the hell would a GA show like that with everyone drinking all day long be even close to good? It's going to be loud, tiring and obnoxious. The only thing you can hope for is that people are so drunk and tired by the time D+T go on that they fall asleep and it stays fairly quiet.

Plus GA is a mess for Dave. I know DMB it's like a mob of people willing to stab you if you take their spot for the pit. When I saw Dead and Company at MSG I had floor seats GA, got there during the first song and was able to easily walk right up close to the rail, no one gave me trouble. That's probably partially because DMB really oversells their GA seats, -!: that's what Id be worried about here..that you'll have 5,000 people crammed into a spade that should really only hold 3500
Old 10-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #58
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebrod View Post
Yep, absolutely 1 of my favorite moments at a live show. Just unreal, great song, and then great to hear it live with the crowd like that.

I get that DM and DMB will never be that way, but the closest we "could" get is D&T in a smaller venue.
Recently saw Isbell and he was incredible as always. Cover Me Up is always a favorite live moment for me and unfortunately some idiot yelled "Drive-By Trucker!!" like 2-3 times while he was playing that song. That was pretty terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #59
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
D+T won't sell amphitheaters.

Look back to 2003 when the band was huge still: d+t played little theaters without that much difficulty. I mean, half this board was at Oakdale opening night of that tour.

D+t in 2017 can't sell more than 10k a night if they play even 10 shows
They should really do indoor theaters per usual, they would sell well at about 5K max.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #60
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I know this will never happen, but play indoor theatres and proactively promote an environment that leads to listening to the music. Require ushers to enforce sitting down, no phones, etc. Other musicians do it.

There's absolutely no justification for someone jumping around or yelling during a dave and tim performance. I wish they had the balls to do something about it.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc