These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #21
Strugz10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye2003
Damn, thos VFC sets were awesome.
Hopefully '06 will be a redemption tour like '03 was.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #22
greykitkat36

Just popped in 12.31.96, I give it ****3/4 . It's a really spectacular show..if you haven't heard it, it's a must. I hadn't listened to this one in a while and it made realize how much I dig DMB.

12.31.96 Hampton Coliseum

Set I:
Seek Up
Dancing Nancies------->
Warehouse
Say Goodbye
Satellite
Rhyme And Reason
Two Step*
Crash Into Me*+
So Much To Say----->
Too Much

Set II:
Tripping Billies*
Lie In Our Graves*
#41*+~
Minarets*+~
Typical Situation*+~
Ants Marching*+~

* = Bela Fleck
+ = Paul McCandless
~ = Flecktones
Old 05-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #23
btuthill
could use a little sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye2003
Damn, thos VFC sets were awesome.
best tour since 2000
btuthill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #24
celluloid hero

5/12/2006 - *** 3/4. really good show. definitely close to the top of my favorite solo shows. Ayhee I thought was surprisingly good, if played full band, it could jam.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #25
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopin
Good review - I was there too - that crowd sucked so hard, this bitch in front of me would consistently let loose a blood curdling scream for no reason at all. Asked her to stop - and she told me she paid just as much as me to get in and she can do what she wants. Ugh.
Exactly what the douchebag behind me said when I asked him to stop singing loudly. He pulled the "I paid as much as you." I replied "well...I don't know about you, but myself and everybody around you paid that money to hear DAVE sing the songs, not you." But he was Dave's biggest fan!11!

The beauty was when he'd fuck up lyrics blatantly. He eventually shut up b/c his friends got annoyed about 1/4 of the way through the show.

That said, even with the horrendous crowd, the music made it one hell of a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvillePong View Post
In fact, it's so small, I call it a "door stop cock".

You know, like the door stops. It just sits there. Doesn't even hang. You can flick it, and it just makes the noise "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring".
Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #26
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strugz10
Wrong:
Spoiler:
Dave Matthews Band
October 2, 2004
Ervin J. Nutter Center - Wright State University, Dayton, OH

So Much To Say ...>
Anyone Seen the Bridge? ...>
Pantala Naga Pampa ...>
Rapunzel
Best of What's Around
What Would You Say
Rhyme and Reason
Good Good Time
Hello Again
Grey Street
Sugar Will
Joy Ride
Warehouse
Lie In Our Graves
Cry Freedom
Too Much

Encore:
The Stone
Ants Marching

Last played GGT, no ED songs, no SU songs (minus HA), great opener, great flow, great encore, inspired/energetic performance, the list goes on...
10/2/04 was an amazingly good show.

Quote:

You know, like the door stops. It just sits there. Doesn't even hang. You can flick it, and it just makes the noise "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring".
Old 05-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #27
celluloid hero

June 5, 1999 - *** - solid show, one of the best representatives of 1999, as in nothing spectacular but a good example. It starts off with the standard solid 1999s, especially good versions of Lover & Crash, Last Stop is very good, Boyd is Boyd on it, unfortunately. Funny moment during #40, and the first time he really gave it a good go during the tour.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #28
Phan
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero
June 5, 1999 - *** - solid show, one of the best representatives of 1999, as in nothing spectacular but a good example. It starts off with the standard solid 1999s, especially good versions of Lover & Crash, Last Stop is very good, Boyd is Boyd on it, unfortunately. Funny moment during #40, and the first time he really gave it a good go during the tour.
that is a great fucking show
And on an unrelated note, it's true, I actually learned how to take a stand on DMB message boards at art school in between my bisexuality bedroom seminar and learning how to use my parent's credit cards to blow coke off of waify girls who majored in collage. Right on. Totally.
Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #29
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Exactly what the douchebag behind me said when I asked him to stop singing loudly. He pulled the "I paid as much as you." I replied "well...I don't know about you, but myself and everybody around you paid that money to hear DAVE sing the songs, not you." But he was Dave's biggest fan!11!

The beauty was when he'd fuck up lyrics blatantly. He eventually shut up b/c his friends got annoyed about 1/4 of the way through the show.

That said, even with the horrendous crowd, the music made it one hell of a show.
what I did at that show was tell the guys behind me that if they kept the frat party talk between the songs instead of during, I'd send them a copy right after the show. Of course, I didn't, but I had full intention to.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #30
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
what I did at that show was tell the guys behind me that if they kept the frat party talk between the songs instead of during, I'd send them a copy right after the show. Of course, I didn't, but I had full intention to.
When you listen to the tape and hear that dude who screams "I love you Dave!" within the first notes of each of the first quarter's songs? Yeah, he was behind the songbird. That's right, two rows of douchebags DIRECTLY behind my chair.

Quote:

Old 05-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #31
Phan
Never Forget

Quote:
And on an unrelated note, it's true, I actually learned how to take a stand on DMB message boards at art school in between my bisexuality bedroom seminar and learning how to use my parent's credit cards to blow coke off of waify girls who majored in collage. Right on. Totally.
Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #32

i just checked out the alpine weekend from 02. i'd rate it about a 3.25 out of 4.
both shows so great yet so different.
night one was aggressive right off the bat. tripping billies, ddtw, grey street and wwys is such an energetic start. after slowing down a little it builds some more steam with songs like bartender, the stone, stjl and drive in drive out. finally the bass kicks in and everyone assumes watchtower, but stefan apparantly had other plans as the band breaks into stir it up, which of course goes into watchtower. great moment though, hearing everyone at alpine singing stir it up. keeping with the aggresive theme, WYA closes, thus completely my least favorite encore combo ever (digging a ditch-what you are).

the second night got everyone in a happy mood right from the start. the opening of pig followed by granny might be my favorite one-two punch to open a show, it just sets a great vibe. after if i had it all Dave goes on a rant about world peace which leads into the nancies intro. very chilling momentum when his rant ends by saying "it's possible, it could have been" then the little guitar riff comes in and people go crazy. nancies is solid as is warehouse which follows. after rhyme and reason the mood turns happy again with one sweet world and 41. SMTS>ASTB>Too Much was standard but dave went crazy during ASTB. you can't see it on the recording obviously, but trust me, you can hear it. A very solid and underrated two step closes the show and the encore of gravedigger and ants was a nice suprise since it was one of the rare shows grey street was not played.

the tape quality of both shows is pretty solid as well adding to listening experience
1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #33
celluloid hero

I respect everything about the review except the poor rating consistancy. We're going out of 5, using actual stars and fractions instead of decimals, and the shows need to be rated separately. (this is constructive criticism, not ufck criticism)

keep it coming.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #34
MaZiNDMB
God Speed Thy King.

Who are some of you people?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #35
dmb2much40

06.11.96 ***1/2

Spoiler:

Tripping Billies (nature)
Seek Up
Say Goodbye
Watermelon Smilin' on the Vine
Two Step
Crash into Me
Recently (broadway/some do)
So Much to Say
Dancing Nancies
Toy Soldiers
Warehouse
Lie in Our Graves
Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago
Too Much
Drive In, Drive Out
Ants Marching
---------------------------
Cry Freedom
All Along the Watchtower

billies is a great way to start off a show. #41-->say bye is always nice. love the old recently and DIDO-->ants segue. i really like this show because they are fooling around with a few different and spontaneous improvs: watermelon song, is chicago and the first toy soldiers. overall a really great flow to the show. downside is the overabundance of crash songs (obviously, considering it was released about a month before the show) and the not so great sounding tape. this would be a great live trax release.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
celluloid hero

5.29.1998 - *** 1/4

Spoiler:
Don't Drink the Water
The Last Stop
One Sweet World
Lie In Our Graves
So Much To Say > Bridge? >
Too Much
Crush
PNP > Rapunzel
Two Step
Pig
The Dreaming Tree
Jimi Thing
Stay (Wasting Time) *
=====
Crash Into Me
Ants Marching

* - with fake Lovely Ladies from Poi Dog
bold - tour debut

solid show with lots of energy. Boyd was dreadful at the end of Pig of course, DDTW was started to shed it's BTCS bouncyness. Last Stop was solid, Dreaming Tree was a surprise, I wasn't expecting it, outside of a minor lyric flub, it was great. Poi Dog's singers make you beg for the Ladies. Ants was probably the highlight of the set; it's a song that has "show" versions and regular versions, this one after taking a break from it to start the tour was a definitely a "show" version.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #37
celluloid hero

8.18.1998 - *** 3/4

Night 1 of the forgotten Tim run. Great setlist, Tim adds a lot considering it's his first random sit in with the full band since Red Rocks 1995. wocka wockas during DDTW, snake charmer fills in the Last Stop jam, pick work on the neck in Lie In Our Graves, smooth solo in Crush, good stuff. Dave does his standard wrong chorus in Rapunzel, a minor flub in anotherwise top 10 Last Stop. Long Carter Say Goodbye solo and a solid recording. Setlist cops out a little at the end dropping this just below the **** special show divider.

Spoiler:
Don't Drink the Water *
Stay (Wasting Time) *
Leroi PNP Rapunzel *
Lie In Our Graves *
The Last Stop *
Crash Into Me *
So Much To Say Bridge? *
Too Much *
Crush *
Jimi Thing
Say Goodbye
Two Step
Satellite
Tripping Billies
=====
Sweet Home Alabama riff
Ants Marching

* - with Tim Reynolds on electric guitar
Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #38
Wescoast

i havent 'checked out' a dmb show in years.
Wescoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #39
celluloid hero

6.4.1999 - * 3/4

Below average show. The set speaks nothing about the show. There's no energy, not one song is an above average version, Last Stop is butchered. 4 out of 6 straight repeats from night 1. I like the Carter into Rhyme, but that's about it. Some good speak when some idiot throws peanuts on the stage. Recently is garbage. He gives #40 about a 30% go. fair recording, though I think Heartbeat is missing from the recording. Maybe it's just the memory of spilling about 4 ozs of ketchup on my white shirt from my preshow hot dog and the Here We Go Steelers chant in the bathroom. Either way, not good.

Spoiler:
Warehouse
What Would You Say
Crush
The Last Stop
So Much To Say Bridge?
Too Much
Seek Up
PNP Rapunzel
Recently
Don't Drink the Water
Rhyme and Reason
Drive In Drive Out
=====
#40 (partial)
Ants Marching
Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #40
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescoast
i havent 'checked out' a dmb show in years.
that sucks. If I had no interest in "checking out" a dmb show in years, I'd have to call it a day on my fandom. I salute you for hanging on.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc