These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #101
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Wouldn't mind hearing this to judge for myself.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #102
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

bass is so high and distorted on carters kit I had to turn the bass reducer EQ on
Old 08-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #103
celluloid hero

Thought it was an OK listen. I wasn't bothered by the mix much, Boyd was awful as described.

One thing I thought was interesting is that they left so much space between the songs. I feel these releases sometimes cut that break so short that it doesn't feel like you're listening to a concert. Sometimes there's a minute between tracks and it seems like you're listening to a taper pull. I actually like this change. The Atlanta 2004 jumped from song to song soo fast.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #104
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I'd throw it up on the usual sites but I've conceded to be too computer illiterate to ever have a good upload on there. Always get trumped, so it's like why bother?

On Crush right now and WOW Boyd is BAD. Instead of playing his parts, he's just aimlessly wandering around.
Yeah this is a slaughter. Holy shit.

Joyride is though. Tim sounds awesome.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #105
NiCK (Crush)

This arrived today.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #106
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
He is utter shit on this entire release. And mixed poorly too. Almost makes me think they put out this release to throw him under the bus.
Under the sewage dump part of the bus maybe?
Old 08-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #107
Tomacco

The breakdown on this JTR is terrible. What an overstuffed load of nonsense. Had no idea they were playing it that way at any point in 2013. When I saw it in Toronto it was normal.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:12 AM   #108
greykitkat36

Yeah this show isnít as good as I thought. Definitley some cool interesting stuff on here but overall really nothing to write home about.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:46 AM   #109
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
The breakdown on this JTR is terrible. What an overstuffed load of nonsense. Had no idea they were playing it that way at any point in 2013. When I saw it in Toronto it was normal.
Am I wrong in remembering Dave started doing that because of Boyd's awful playing during the breakdown?
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:16 AM   #110
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Am I wrong in remembering Dave started doing that because of Boyd's awful playing during the breakdown?

You are correct if you are referring to the “announcer voice.”
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:32 AM   #111
Tomacco

How could we know for sure that’s why Dave started doing that?
Also, it sounds more like the entire band decided to play off-key internationally along with Boyd. Dave’s announcer voice is the least offensive part. Tim and horns are awful.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #112
Feathered
oh shit!

I enjoy the announcer voice section, it makes for a different section of a pretty awful breakdown in a song they rarely crash into a wall like they did.

2018 sound is so much better and this release amplifies that opinion for me.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #113
NiCK (Crush)

This show is by no means perfectly performed, but I'll be damned in the set isn't an almost perfect mix of new and old. I mean it really has a little bit of everything... unless you're a big Everyday fan.

A little bit of Crash, a little bit of AFTW, a little Big Whiskey, a little bit of the LWS, a splash of '04 songs, plenty of UTTAD... some Stand Up....it even has a rare cover and a Some Devil song.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #114
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
How could we know for sure thatís why Dave started doing that?
Also, it sounds more like the entire band decided to play off-key internationally along with Boyd. Daveís announcer voice is the least offensive part. Tim and horns are awful.
Deductive reasoning.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #115
batleon

Time to update my streak count here:

2003: About 30 releases and 5 years since our last release.
1997: Over 50 releases and 8 years since our last (and only) release.
2000: About 60 releases and 9 years since our last release if you don't count the Wolfgang's Vault release (and I don't because, seriously, fuck that stupid thing)

Aside from that there are still a bunch of other good shows I'd be interested in... Would really like to see a deeper cut next time around.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #116
Bluewater34
Is Old

Those numbers are unacceptable. But at least they released this one that nobody seems to like that much.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #117
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Those numbers are unacceptable. But at least they released this one that nobody seems to like that much.
I think this show was well received at the time, but that tells you how bad things were from 2012-2016 more than anything.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #118
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
This is actually better than the last time I did the tally, which was right before they released LT43, at that point we had a 70+ release/1 decade long gap between 2004 releases.

The biggest gap was the 80+ release/16 year gap between full band '99 shows (Listener Supported in 1999 to LT34 in 2015)
Old 08-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #119
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I just think its been oversaturated. There's too many releases, combine that with some recent webcasts, WH Discs/Bonus Discs and also the Summer Tour Warm Up videos, we've had a lot of SBD quality stuff released to the point of overload. It's at the point where no single releases matters that much at all (unless it's an extremely epic top show of all time like the 12.21.02 release). I think at this point they should just do what most bands do and release everything moving forward and do the archival releases every few months like they've been doing.

They could easily make a DMBLive app and have every single LiveTrax, DMBLive and new archival releases available to stream and download at any point. They could even make bundles of tours available to those who want them. I suppose it would be a lot of work maybe initially, but they could really make a lot off that for years.

On one hand you're saying it's oversaturated and on the other you're suggesting they come out with an app to release almost everything?

Anyway, I don't think any of that is really the issue. The issue is the selections. One big hindrance was the release of 12/31/96. It didn't sell as big or fast as they thought and to them that meant that the "fan favorites" or "classics" didn't matter in terms of what should be released. Part of the problem is that by the time they released 12/31/96 (2006), a solid chunk of the old school fans were gone, the ones would have lapped up that release. If I remember correctly they said that Fenway '06 sold more than 12/31/96 which should tell you a lot about the constant transitioning fanbase of DMB from '01 - '08.

I think a great deal of today's fans, and this is going to sound annoyingly arrogant, are not used to well played performances, instead revel in the mediocrity over the last decade. Which is why these selections aren't alarming because who cares if it's sloppy noise or Boyd's out of tune or Dave sounds like he's always got a shredded vocal cord? I'd be embarrassed if I picked a show like this, heard the musicianship, sent it off for unbalanced mixing, and then proudly stamp a Live Trax label on it and sell it. This isn't the worst performance ever, but again...why sell poorly played shows? Why even put the effort into them as an official release? The obvious answer is $, but it's still so bizarre to me.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #120
batleon

I have to wonder what the sales are for your average LT release. I mean, how much of a sales difference is there between a fan favorite and a release like this? The situation with Fenway and 12/31/96 being released the same year sucks because you're comparing a show with a "big name" venue released in the wake of it being played with a fan favorite. It's a totally unfair comparison. Apples to Oranges. If Fenway were released now instead of then the numbers would probably suck.

Management needs to look at this thing again. Giving up on fan favorite shows because of what happened in 2006 is foolish.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc