These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #561
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,189
I'm on it.

post: "Anyone else notice that BoYD isn't on the calendar?"

Mostly exasperated-Obama gifs so far for replies.

Last edited by dancetheham; 10-29-2018 at 05:41 PM.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #562
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,784
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #563
trippinbillyrmc
 
trippinbillyrmc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,252
The interviewer here is likely a member of the family.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
~Ryan
trippinbilly @ dreamingtree.org
trippinbillyrmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #564
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillyrmc View Post
The interviewer here is likely a member of the family.

[Only registered users can see links.]


Yea, that interviewer is a tool. I applaud the professionalism of Dave Matthews in this interview.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #565
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Yea, that interviewer is a tool. I applaud the professionalism of Dave Matthews in this interview.
I thought it was pretty damn funny. No one was watching that interview otherwise.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:47 AM   #566
msdchica
 
msdchica's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 18
This thread... 😂
msdchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #567
greppson
Hmm...
 
greppson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,500
This has #dmbfamily written all over it last night:

Show ends, ushers/security are trying to get everyone to leave the pit. Three fans are pretty much refusing to leave until one of the crew gives them one of the setlists still on the stage. They are yelling at the crew members demanding a setlist (like that is going to go in your favor). This went on for about 10 minutes while we were taking our gear down and getting it packed up. End of story: they left with no setlist and were completely ignored by the crew members.

I felt bad for the crew who were just trying to get things torn down to move on to the next show. No need for them to get verbally harassed by fans who I am hoping were just overly intoxicated. It made me embarrassed for what some fans "expect" during shows nowadays.
__________________
Jason
greppson.net

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #568
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,500
I would love to have an actual set list. But even after 100+ shows I've never been able to bring myself to ask anyone for one because of shit just like that.

Also, now that everyone knows you can get them good luck battling someone like that for one. They'd literally throw an elbow to get one.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #569
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,995
During my time in production I have been annoyed many times by fans who want picks and setlists but no one has ever gotten rotten with me or entitled. I have, however, seen that a few times at DMB shows.
Jayes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #570
greppson
Hmm...
 
greppson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,500
I'm hoping it was more that they were intoxicated and not that they are that rude naturally. It was the entitled nature of it all that got me.
__________________
Jason
greppson.net

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #571
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post
I'm hoping it was more that they were intoxicated and not that they are that rude naturally. It was the entitled nature of it all that got me.
Oh absolutely, I think the drinking fuels that behavior that might not ordinarily come out. People suck.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #572
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
During my time in production I have been annoyed many times by fans who want picks and setlists but no one has ever gotten rotten with me or entitled. I have, however, seen that a few times at DMB shows.
I've asked for a setlist at a show twice.

Once when i was 19 at a Sum-41 show. I asked the guy at the soundboard and he said "oh sorry I keep notes on them so I can't hand them out" and I went "Oh cool" and left.

The other was at a Lucius show, and the guy handed it to me. I said thank you and he said you're welcome.

That should be the extent of setlist seeking.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #573
Huff
The Original Tracklist
 
Huff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincy area/Northern KY
Posts: 8,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
I've asked for a setlist at a show twice.

Once when i was 19 at a Sum-41 show. I asked the guy at the soundboard and he said "oh sorry I keep notes on them so I can't hand them out" and I went "Oh cool" and left.

The other was at a Lucius show, and the guy handed it to me. I said thank you and he said you're welcome.

That should be the extent of setlist seeking.
I've gotten a good handful of setlists over the years at DMB shows just by asking normally. If they look too busy? I don't even bother asking. If they say they don't have any? I make sure to compliment the show and then move on. No point in acting entitled to it like those 3 were.
__________________
Huff

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #574
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
I've gotten a good handful of setlists over the years at DMB shows just by asking normally. If they look too busy? I don't even bother asking. If they say they don't have any? I make sure to compliment the show and then move on. No point in acting entitled to it like those 3 were.
this seems to sum up what should be the proper protocol
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #575
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Ok i just got my first unfavorable response to Here On Out, a song so far away from anything undesirable, full of purity, humility and just beauty, i should have known there would be some people who wouldn't get it.
And yet, i never saw it coming, "that sounds like a stalker".
You can imagine their expressions when i began to get misty, overwhelmed with their lack of connection with the good things in their heart and in the world and how that lacking is keeping them from living better and thinking better, more on terms of loving than on fear.
At that point, i figured they already think im crazy so i had nothing to lose so just blurted out "thats the problem with people, we let the assholes dictate our world and our visions of life and love. A psycho stalker cannot steal the beauty and vulnerability and adoration this song inspires, which is EXACTLY what this world needs more of. The song itself is an escape from this wretched world to a place where loving purely is a welcome thing"
As obsessive as it sounds, that IS a part of how art serves humanity, helping us to carry on in different ways by giving our hearts and heads an opportunity to reflect and believe in better things.
On one hand, i wish i had not become so emotional cos i know it didn't look good for me.
People usually don't take me seriously when i respond that way and i get why, so i don't begrudge anyone for that.
At the same time, i don't want to be compatible with what seems to me to be a general resigning of faith in humanity and in love.
I like feeling these things and I'm grateful to DMB for helping me find this place in my heart that believes.
.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #576
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,779
That is a classic addition to the thread

"Out of the corner of my eye, watch you walk by, and I chase you down" - the guy he/she was talking to had a point
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #577
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren
 
Thor2531's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,468
I'm so glad that DMB does not inspire that kind of emotion in me. WTF? When you post things on social media everyone can see it. This guy either doesn't give a fuck or is incredibly unaware of himself.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #578
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
I'm so glad that DMB does not inspire that kind of emotion in me. WTF? When you post things on social media everyone can see it. This guy either doesn't give a fuck or is incredibly unaware of himself.
You've got to understand, though, that the audience for these posts are all like-minded individuals. It's scary sickening.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #579
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
You've got to understand, though, that the audience for these posts are all like-minded individuals. It's scary sickening.
Says us, who post in a DMB messageboard and have been for well in excess of a decade.
__________________
-Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #580
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Says us, who post in a DMB messageboard and have been for well in excess of a decade.
Please tell me you can see and comprehend the difference, here.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08883 seconds with 19 queries