These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2018, 05:52 AM   #301
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yeah, instead of being a hermit, find better friends. I'll say, though, through the years, I think the amount of true friends I have, I can count on one hand.
This. Friends ditching you when you need them most is a sign of what kind of friend that they actually are - not a sign of who or what you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #302
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Old 11-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #303
Wildcats82

Old 12-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #304
Feathered
oh shit!

Not sure if its relevant for this thread but felt weird posting it in the marriage / family thread.

Think I just called it quits for good on my falling to pieces but still kinda holding on relationship.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #305
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Not sure if its relevant for this thread but felt weird posting it in the marriage / family thread.

Think I just called it quits for good on my falling to pieces but still kinda holding on relationship.

I thought that was months ago? In any case, it’s rarely easy, even when it was an obvious decision. Hope you’re feelin alright!
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #306
Wildcats82

Hope you're ok!
Old 12-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #307
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
I thought that was months ago? In any case, itís rarely easy, even when it was an obvious decision. Hope youíre feelin alright!
Was still kinda back and forth, had been really close with her since I was a teenager so it was a lengthy drawn out back and forth of still seeing each other and things kind of flowing back into relationship mode. My parents got divorced when I was 16 but are still literally what most people would assume to be a married couple so Iím the worst at ending things. I had let things get back to a point where she was staying over a lot etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Hope you're ok!
Iím okay, was sort of numb to the dynamic and really tired of it all for a long time so itís not exactly a shock. Just is really sort of final feeling right now and I feel bad because I know sheís in a lot of pain over it whereas Iím just sort of blah. As much as itís dumb to say the summer/leak/winter tour was the final nail in the coffin. She would get annoyed that I was editing videos, annoyed at how excited I was. We were going to do philly and while I was excited for the show she was just excited for the trip. She also wants kids basically in the next year or so and Iím just remembering who I am and what I like to do. I donít want them right now, I donít want to get taken off the path Iím finally on where Iím happy again just for the sake of someone else. This band and music in general is sacred to me, I canít just turn it off and sit around while she smokes weed and plays video games for hours on end while life ticks away.

I donít know, Iím not depressed over it I suppose. Just sort of surprised itís final now you know? Probably will never be able to scrape it together into a frendship like a lot of my exís and I are because of the history and the way it all went down.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #308
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Sounded pretty unhealthy from what you had posted. You'll be better for it in the long haul. Good luck, man.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #309
Wildcats82

and to make this year just the fucking best, my grandfather just passed away. I just can't deal with this shit right now. Fuck everything
Old 12-12-2018, 07:29 PM   #310
gweeps

Quote:
and to make this year just the fucking best, my grandfather just passed away. I just can't deal with this shit right now. Fuck everything
Sorry to hear this.

I thought about calling my Grandfather the day before he died. But I figured I'd get a hold of him later on...
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #311
Wildcats82

My other grandpa invited me over for Thanksgiving. He knew I couldn't do my normal drive to Atlanta. I told him I was too busy with work to come. He died a week later.

It was just a 2 hour drive. I just didn't feel like it. I'm such a piece of shit. Fuck it all
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #312
Mitch

Sorry to hear about that, buddy. But try not to get to distraught about it. I'm assuming since it's your grandfather, he was old. We all die. Yeah it sucks, but it's inevitable. In an instance where it's not tragic, try to focus on celebrating his life.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #313
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Sorry to hear that, man.

The last conversation I had with my grandfather, who died last year at 90, was really sad. He was telling me how shitty it is that none of his friends are left and he just sits around watching TV ‘cause that’s all there is to do.

This was coming from a guy who was 100% a driver for the Italian mob and likely knew where Hoffa was buried. He was also a salesman who likely lived a “Mad Men” lifestyle from the 50’s-70’s. He met my grandmother years later (I never met my biological grandfather) and spent his last few decades as mayor of a decently sized Florida town and when my grandma passed back in 2010, he started chasing tail. Like, lots of tail. Like....spend your savings on buying gifts for young, gold digging women tail. I can’t help but laugh thinking about his last decade of life, despite how frustrated he had to have been.

I’m rambling, I know, haha...but like Mitch said, we’re all going to get old and eventually pass away...live it up while you can and reminisce on the good times you had with them, don’t dwell on any negatives which are just a part of life. Don’t beat yourself up.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #314
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
This was coming from a guy who was 100% a driver for the Italian mob and likely knew where Hoffa was buried. He was also a salesman who likely lived a “Mad Men” lifestyle from the 50’s-70’s. He met my grandmother years later (I never met my biological grandfather) and spent his last few decades as mayor of a decently sized Florida town and when my grandma passed back in 2010, he started chasing tail. Like, lots of tail. Like....spend your savings on buying gifts for young, gold digging women tail. I can’t help but laugh thinking about his last decade of life, despite how frustrated he had to have been.
Sounds like a bad-ass. That's awesome
Old 12-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #315
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Sorry to hear about that, buddy. But try not to get to distraught about it. I'm assuming since it's your grandfather, he was old. We all die. Yeah it sucks, but it's inevitable. In an instance where it's not tragic, try to focus on celebrating his life.
Amen.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #316
TDunk

Sorry to hear that.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #317
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

My grandfolks on mom’s side are getting up there. This might be my last xmas with both of them. Both are dead on dad’s side, last 10 years or so.

Some levity:

Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #318
Mitch

The fact that many of you have living grandparents makes me realize how old I am My grandparents have all been dead for ages.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #319
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
My other grandpa invited me over for Thanksgiving. He knew I couldn't do my normal drive to Atlanta. I told him I was too busy with work to come. He died a week later.

It was just a 2 hour drive. I just didn't feel like it. I'm such a piece of shit. Fuck it all
I understand. Try to not beat yourself up over this. It's difficult and easy to blame yourself. But... you shouldn't.

I have been feeling a level of guilt the last year not being back in Chicago. My family is going through a bit of a tough time. One of my brothers has been going through a pretty nasty divorce and I'm not around to help him or my nephew (he's 4). My other brother's daughter is 7 and has Crohn's disease and has had a particularly difficult year with that.

My dad just turned 79 and is having health issues.

I've been feeling more guilty moving out this way, focusing on myself and not being there for the family. I worry too about maintaining a strong relationship with my niece and nephew as they grow up if I'm not around.

Not sure how anyone else deals with that stuff, but we have a pretty tight family. I think they mostly understand why I needed to get out of Chicago and how this has been a big net positive for mer personally - but there are high and low days for sure.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #320
always40

Very sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a loved one. Don't beat yourself up over the past, and try to remember the good times. Love the hell out of who you can now!
always40 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc