These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #27401
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah Boyd is done for good at least for the current time, unless years down the road he can get his shit together.
Years down the road? Dude, how much time do you think these guys have left?
Old 11-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #27402
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Dmb has another 10 years I think.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #27403
jeff1818

92-97 dm/dt/dmb is so good. Classic.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:42 PM   #27404
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Years down the road? Dude, how much time do you think these guys have left?
Easily 10 perhaps longer if they want to. Plenty of bands tour well into their 70s. Theyíll clearly cut and scale back the shows and the travel distances, but I think they have a ways to go. If Boyd comes back itíll be for a farewell tour If anything, and I wouldnít hold my breath for that either.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #27405
javadrumboy
Civilization is crumbling

Any talk of a Lost Acoustics II composed of solo Dave songs from the past few years, like his many solo gigs during the pandemic? Has any compilation been made? (Rather than seeking after them one by one)

"I'm on bended knees I pray Bartender please..."

MY LIST: http://db.etree.org/javadrumboy
javadrumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:54 PM   #27406
patsfan39

I doubt anyone knows this but how did DMB play steady as we go in 2014? Did dave play piano on that one? I can’t imagine he has the chops for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:23 PM   #27407
urth

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I doubt anyone knows this but how did DMB play steady as we go in 2014? Did dave play piano on that one? I canít imagine he has the chops for that.
If I remember correctly, Rashawn played the piano and butchered the intro.
urth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:00 AM   #27408
morgadt

Old 11-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #27409
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Kinda lame, but I fell down a rabbit hole on youtube today and ended up watching Beauford reaction videos. I must say, it was pretty neat to watch JustJP discover DMB - he had never listened to them before and did studio 41 and was over the moon about it. Kind of a fun watch
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #27410
morgadt

Reaction videos are a weird trend. Itís kind of neat. You learn something you didnít know.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:13 PM   #27411
Aparker507

Carter getting older always concerned me, but he seems to be doing well. Henry and him are compensating though.

His kit is getting lower and lower each year (less effort to reach to hit). Back in the day, his cymbals were basically in the sky. It always amazed me how high he had everything and the effort it took to reach his cymbals especially.

He's also downsizing the kit and using less and less. He's got so many splash cymbals now that are basically inaudible over Tim, and he never uses them all.

This stream showed he still has it though. Amazing what he does at his age.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:39 AM   #27412
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Carter getting older always concerned me, but he seems to be doing well. Henry and him are compensating though.

His kit is getting lower and lower each year (less effort to reach to hit). Back in the day, his cymbals were basically in the sky. It always amazed me how high he had everything and the effort it took to reach his cymbals especially.

He's also downsizing the kit and using less and less. He's got so many splash cymbals now that are basically inaudible over Tim, and he never uses them all.

This stream showed he still has it though. Amazing what he does at his age.

No clue if their styles are similar but is Carters progression similar to that of Billy and Mickey from the grateful dead as they have kept going all these years but have slowed things down?
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:18 AM   #27413
Aparker507

It's weird. Carters stopped so many small fills and use of certain drums that I always loved. But then does the crazy fast singles on Halloween and all the crossovers on Crush that take entirely much more effort.

He's stopped doing the little splash intro on Grey Street even. Just small stuff like that. He seems to have become much more of an in the pocket drummer.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #27414
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
No clue if their styles are similar but is Carters progression similar to that of Billy and Mickey from the grateful dead as they have kept going all these years but have slowed things down?
Thatís like comparing apples and shoes in a drier.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #27415
patsfan39

Quote:
It's weird. Carters stopped so many small fills and use of certain drums that I always loved. But then does the crazy fast singles on Halloween and all the crossovers on Crush that take entirely much more effort.

He's stopped doing the little splash intro on Grey Street even. Just small stuff like that. He seems to have become much more of an in the pocket drummer.

I realized this during the WH exclusive performance but when did Carter stop doing the roll on the snare and hi-hat at the end of grey street? That was always a classic fill of his as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #27416
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno

Quote:

Do you think that has to do with age or the makeup of the band?

In the 90's and early 2000's Carter did more because there was more space in the music and it allowed for it. I think we would all agree we became fans from this version of DMB sound and not really what they are putting out today. Carter's drumming was a large part of that sound for me.

In the past 10 years you have Tim taking a more prominent role in the sound of songs and you have the horn section which is also a large voice. So Carter may be approaching this from the idea that he doesn't need to fill in space because other people will.

Based off of the Warehouse Sessions I think a Dave, Carter, Stefan Trio type tour would probably allow carter to do more of those small things we all loved about him again because there would be space to fill. I'm not saying it would be tour stop #1, but over time I think he will recognize the situation.

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #27417
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
Do you think that has to do with age or the makeup of the band?

In the 90's and early 2000's Carter did more because there was more space in the music and it allowed for it. I think we would all agree we became fans from this version of DMB sound and not really what they are putting out today. Carter's drumming was a large part of that sound for me.

In the past 10 years you have Tim taking a more prominent role in the sound of songs and you have the horn section which is also a large voice. So Carter may be approaching this from the idea that he doesn't need to fill in space because other people will.

Based off of the Warehouse Sessions I think a Dave, Carter, Stefan Trio type tour would probably allow carter to do more of those small things we all loved about him again because there would be space to fill. I'm not saying it would be tour stop #1, but over time I think he will recognize the situation.
I agree. I've seen Tim mentioned as a fourth member of this tour but I'd rather the three of them and have Carter do his thing. Tim would likely be a more entertaining show and maybe even sound better overall but I'd love to see Carter open himself back up and play behind Dave and Stefan.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #27418
gweeps
homesick android

Dave
Carter
Stefan on double bass
Tim on acoustic
Jeff
a competent violin player

BOOM!
Old 11-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #27419
sean52692
You failed this band

Dave, Carter, Fonz, Jeff, Tim, and Buddy on the piano only would be tremendous.

Fonz can play electric bass. Tim acoustic only. Jeff, more soprano and flute.

It's Rashawn, Tim on the electric, and Buddy on organ, etc that most negatively effect DMB nowadays. I will add the only reason Tim on the electric can be a negative is because Dave and Carter can do less since they know Tim will be able to carry it.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #27420
Aparker507

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I realized this during the WH exclusive performance but when did Carter stop doing the roll on the snare and hi-hat at the end of grey street? That was always a classic fill of his as well.
He stopped doing that around 08 or so I think. He dropped the singles around the Toms on the outro of ants as well. Miss both of these!

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc