These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #1501
ggies
Sugar Will '04

One of the better vids I've seen out there showing the Beta FSD. The visuals on the screen showing what the computer sees are amazing.

Last edited by ggies; 11-17-2020 at 03:33 PM.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #1502
ggies
Sugar Will '04

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
"Investors who joined Volkswagen AGís annual spending update this week may have wondered whether they had the dial-in details right. Chief Executive Officer Herbert Diess was there to explain how VW will deploy its massive 150 billion-euro ($178 billion) investment budget over the next five years, but he spent much of the time talking about another carmaker based thousands of miles away in California.

Tesla Inc. was mentioned 31 times by management and analysts during the near two-hour presentation. Thatís how much Elon Muskís electric-car venture is occupying VWís minds these days, and those of its investors."
Old 11-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #1503
ggies
Sugar Will '04

So since this year is different due to COVID, we did not see our family for Thanksgiving and decided to take a trip to a cabin around Asheville, NC.

From Dallas to Asheville I drove with Autopilot on for 85% of the time and it was wonderful. The other 15% my wife drove without it on as she is not comfortable with it yet. Autopilot allowed me to relax, yet being attentive enough to be aware of my surroundings.

Autopilot is really just for highways, whereas FSD is for highways AND streets. Here is a nice new video showing improvements to the Beta version that was released and is supposed to be going out to a wider audience in about 2 weeks.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #1504
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Great article.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Quote:
The reason so much attention is given to peak oil is that it can be a turning point from a market where oil is scarce to one where thereís more cheap crude than people know what to do with. The risk of investing in new oil supplies increases. Investors pull back. Political power wanes.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #1505
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Impressive to watch the system learn and then re-route itself away from the deer.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc