These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: CHOOSE THE WORST SONG ON THE LIST
Snow Outside 0 0%
Broken Things 0 0%
Bismarck 0 0%
Beach Ball 0 0%
Write A Song 7 11.67%
Virginia In The Rain 2 3.33%
Again and Again 3 5.00%
Do You Remember 3 5.00%
Break For It 35 58.33%
Black And Bluebird 10 16.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #41
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Both songs suck.
I don't mind DYR. VITR is highly overrated. Doesn't do a thing for me except for sounding good from a production standpoint on CT. I prefer it D&T if anything.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #42
bassplayer22
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Both songs suck.
DYR sucks a bad mood away and puts a smile on my face when I hear it.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #43
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
DYR sucks a bad mood away and puts a smile on my face when I hear it.
Donít disagree!
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #44
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 5,511
Its a song they played the hell out of, predictably everyone doesnt like those songs for the next couple years.

I remember hearing that first D&T version at Farmaid in 2017 and I felt it was really good. It sounded like classic dmb to me. Now the approach the current band took on it might lead people not to like it, but its a DM song that the band enjoys playing.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #45
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 24,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Its a song they played the hell out of, predictably everyone doesnt like those songs for the next couple years.

I remember hearing that first D&T version at Farmaid in 2017 and I felt it was really good. It sounded like classic dmb to me. Now the approach the current band took on it might lead people not to like it, but its a DM song that the band enjoys playing.
Yeah, I really liked DYR in 2018. Then quickly started to get a bit tired of it in 2019, and thanks to the Drive-Ins, am currently sick of it. But it's still a good song.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #46
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry
 
jsandr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, California
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Yeah, I really liked DYR in 2018. Then quickly started to get a bit tired of it in 2019, and thanks to the Drive-Ins, am currently sick of it. But it's still a good song.
Badly needs to be revamped live and itíd be a fun one to hear... I still say Jeff on flute and more of Timís trippy effects.
__________________
-JON
jsandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 20 queries