These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #81
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
I understand the "release last show" idea, but alternatively, they could have released a show from '08 where they thought Roi really shined, or released a show from '08 that Roi was particularly pleased with. It didn't necessarily need to be his last show to be a fitting tribute.
No, it didnt, but I understand the thought process.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #82
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
thats the point
i rather have a complete old show then a 3rd 08 show that is nothing spectacular music wise
make it spac, alpine, s america and we are talking a different game
but the point you're making is a pre-December, pre-DMBlive point. Things are different now. I don't know or anything, but I think it's pretty clear that DMBlive is where those shows are going to come from while Live Trax will be more modern shows that will sell well at shows.

You're not going to get an old complete show if they don't release this one, you're going to get another 06 - 08 show. This Dreaming Tree is spectacular musicwise, by the way.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #83
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,294
I'm glad to see that the Live Trax series is going to continue.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #84
kylebond13
soul singer in a session band
 
kylebond13's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,478
this feels premature to me?

(not to mention the 3rd meh show released from 2008)
__________________
Gorge 2007= Lawlorpalooza
kylebond13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #85
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebond13 View Post
this feels premature to me?
premature? how so? In 4 years, this will still be his last show, only it won't sell as well.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #86
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Oddly, I'd like to have one of the space's. The jimi tease and IOY are nice too. Not much I would skip in this set except for OOMH, Sistah, & TYFLBME.


be nice to have a good mix of Space (Folsom was good, but the LL)

awesome that Idea of You is on there, I liked the little intro this year

another So Damn Lucky, should be a good one

first PNP > Rapunzel '08 released
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #87
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,393
they should sell this with proceeds going to a memorial fund
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #88
kylebond13
soul singer in a session band
 
kylebond13's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
premature? how so? In 4 years, this will still be his last show, only it won't sell as well.
yeah uh tying "selling" to the last show is a bit...something.

anyways, they should have just given this to WH members or something. put it up for free download on DMBLive......but selling it 7 months after his death. I disagree
__________________
Gorge 2007= Lawlorpalooza
kylebond13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #89
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
but the point you're making is a pre-December, pre-DMBlive point. Things are different now. I don't know or anything, but I think it's pretty clear that DMBlive is where those shows are going to come from while Live Trax will be more modern shows that will sell well at shows.

You're not going to get an old complete show if they don't release this one, you're going to get another 06 - 08 show. This Dreaming Tree is spectacular musicwise, by the way.
any 06 or 07 is better then 3 08 shows in a row
and every show they release rather it be 92-08 pushes the next release back since i doubt they work on more then one at a time
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #90
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post


be nice to have a good mix of Space (Folsom was good, but the LL)

awesome that Idea of You is on there, I liked the little intro this year

another So Damn Lucky, should be a good one

first PNP > Rapunzel '08 released
This So Damn Lucky has already been released on the Live Trax 2008 iTunes thing.

As for The Space Between, you could always pop in the Gorge version.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #91
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 11,142
if they don't donate all proceeds, there is no merit to this release.
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #92
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post

As for The Space Between, you could always pop in the Gorge version.
The 08 Spaces were much better than any other year its been played though.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #93
Emily
Angry Penguin.
 
Emily's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHsoccer15 View Post
if they don't donate all proceeds, there is no merit to this release.
I think the chances are pretty good that they'll do something like that.
__________________
Emily
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #94
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHsoccer15 View Post
if they don't donate all proceeds, there is no merit to this release.
that truly would be the classy thing to do and no one can argue that
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #95
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
This So Damn Lucky has already been released on the Live Trax 2008 iTunes thing.

As for The Space Between, you could always pop in the Gorge version.
oh, this is that one?

booooooo
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #96
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
any 06 or 07 is better then 3 08 shows in a row
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #97
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
The 08 Spaces were much better than any other year its been played though.
I would disagree, although this isn't a song I'm passionate about either way. Making it acoustic and shortening it doesn't make it much better to me.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #98
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
I would disagree, although this isn't a song I'm passionate about either way. Making it acoustic and shortening it doesn't make it much better to me.
Eh, different strokes. I just liked the acoustic sound more, it was calming. Not all glitzy.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #99
kylebond13
soul singer in a session band
 
kylebond13's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Eh, different strokes. I just liked the acoustic sound more, it was calming. Not all glitzy.
yep. minus butch helped the most
__________________
Gorge 2007= Lawlorpalooza
kylebond13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #100
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
any 06 or 07 is better then 3 08 shows in a row
and every show they release rather it be 92-08 pushes the next release back since i doubt they work on more then one at a time
really? because they released 5 DMBlive shows at one time.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06890 seconds with 23 queries