These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2021, 03:40 AM   #15741
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Supermarket, gas pump, home purchases. And the fix according to Biden is to print 3 trillion on infrastructure to fight inflation. So glad we have returned to educated and fact based leadership
Honestly though it’s been this way since the 70s. Hence why we’re even in this position. When the entire economy is based on debt and credit that no one can pay back, this is what you get—print more money, Bail out the major companies, spend some of it on infrastructure plans to create jobs and stimulate growth.

It works in the temporary, but just kicks the can further down the line. But the way politics work, it’s perfect. Every politician is only worried about their own election cycle. They’re worried about re-election…then let the other jackoff worry about this when I’m out in 8 years
Old 10-27-2021, 03:48 AM   #15742
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

This is the first time we’ve been told we need to spend (print) trillions to fight inflation. It’s moronic. It just goes to show how intellectually bankrupt our Universities are that they teach crap like this.
Tambourine Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:58 AM   #15743
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
This is the first time we’ve been told we need to spend (print) trillions to fight inflation. It’s moronic. It just goes to show how intellectually bankrupt our Universities are that they teach crap like this.
I’m pretty much 100% against people going to college unless it’s for engineering, medical or IT to be honest. Everything else is busy work and/or semi-propaganda classes for 20-40k a year. I honestly didn’t learn a single thing that has helped me since with a Lib Arts degree. Could have read all this stuff online or through podcasts without dealing with all the bureaucracy of it. Socially it was a good personal growth period, but it wasn’t worth the cost.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:51 AM   #15744
Josh.0

I wonder what proportion of feminist studies and political science majors have jobs paying them enough to pay their rent and their student loans while allowing them to save minimally for retirement.

I’m guessing <5%.

And now they’re getting massive inflation stacked on top of them.

How many here that were in favor of shutting down the economy a year ago beyond the “two weeks to flatten the curve” are now decent enough to come out and admit you were wrong? We know Mario won’t, but there were others that wanted longer lockdowns too. He wasn’t alone, at least not at first.

I wouldn’t ask for people to come clean if those of us that warned of this weren’t shouted down upon and told “you care more about money than saving lives!” like a broken record. For anyone seeing the broader picture with the “mitigation efforts,” it was easy to understand the fallout would be worsened significantly by closing everything than if we kept everything open while quarantining the high-risk and implementing basic “social distancing” measures.

Closing the economy for as long as we did is the direct reason we’re in the mess we’re in now. And it’s only going to get much, much worse.

I understand the people that were calling for crazy measures overwhelmingly came from the perspective of, “well, if we close everything, and the economy tanks, Trump loses and Biden wins as people vote out of desperation.” Correct, it worked. Now why can’t you fix the mess you created? An intentional mess just so your preferred figurehead could spend his golden years in the White House?
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #15745
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
A grossly, oversimplified, glib dismissal of a serious and complicated medical issue.

Posing suicide prevention hotline info is at least a first step toward trying to help.

This self righteous nonsense isn't helping anyone with a mental health emergency.
hmm, you don't know where I got that from do you?
Old 10-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #15746
Josh.0

He does know. I’m not quite understanding why you have an axe to grind that I put that in the suicide thread - literally to encourage people to stop bullying each other - but for some reason you clearly took that post personally.

Weird.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:18 AM   #15747
Josh.0

Posting:

800-273-8255

In a thread with people suffering from significant mental health disorder(s) is pandering at the expense of someone that’s hurting.

It’s akin to someone saying “I think someone is stalking me” and someone posting: 911. In reality, any decent person would ask “what’s going on? What makes you believe this? Are you safe? What can I do to help right now?”

How about asking yourself, “what could I change about my behavior that may directly correlate with someone wanting to kill themselves?” And then, if you’re looking to post in a self-help/suicide thread, maybe post something meaningful about how you’ve reflected on how to be a better person and then share that with others so they can reflect on the same thing?

We’ve all been shitty to other people from time to time. But to post 800-273-8255 and move on is more indicative of not giving a shit than actually giving a shit. Nice optics, people will think you’re sweet or whatever, but folks in such desperate need of help could probably use more than 800-273-8255 thrown at them whenever real help is needed.

800-273-8255 puts the onus on them not to kill themselves. For a person suffering from a serious mental health condition, they could actually use a small conversation/kind voice above anything else.

I had a friend that was high on coke standing on a balcony (maybe 15th floor?) on the 4th of July contemplating suicide. He’d been for months before that night. When I got the call about it I came over and we talked - for a long time - and he’s made some real life changes since then. I didn’t throw a fucking phone number in his face; the odds are slim anyone in his position would ever seriously consider dialing it.

That’s what real life looks like. Posting 800-273-8255 is feigning that you actually care beyond just posting 800-273-8255. I understand “well, if it helps just one person,” but the better thought is “what can we do to help all people?” I’m sorry that sentiment bothered you so much.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:12 AM   #15748
rev fig
wtfau?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I understand the people that were calling for crazy measures overwhelmingly came from the perspective of, “well, if we close everything, and the economy tanks, Trump loses and Biden wins as people vote out of desperation.” Correct, it worked. Now why can’t you fix the mess you created? An intentional mess just so your preferred figurehead could spend his golden years in the White House?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev fig View Post
There is a very clear pattern of you insisting on arguing with only what you imagine things are.
rev fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:21 AM   #15749
Josh.0

Yes, Rev, you’re dialed into reality. The one where you can be far-left and pretend you’re libertarian, where you can argue that anyone recognizing the historical definition of “gender” must be transphobic, and the one where getting vaccinated while supporting the individual autonomy of others means you’re an anti-vaxxer.

Oh, and where you claim Trump somehow could have saved people from getting infected with an airborne virus (while the whole world outside his jurisdiction saw massive spread) and that delayed herd immunity is because of anti-vaxxers, and not, because, you know, this is a global pandemic where the virus knows no borders.

You’re so dialed into reality and the layman’s view of the world.

The only reality you’re dialed into is Mario’s. At least he owns his far-left nonsense.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #15750
Josh.0

I am happy that you don’t support forced COVID-19 vaccinations at large employers such as Southwest, though. There is one area where you’re relatively balanced and show some semblance of objectivity.

Us anti-vaxxers need to stand together.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #15751
cofc

Quote:
where you can argue that anyone recognizing the historical definition of “gender” must be transphobic
Yes, you spent 8 hours arguing about “historical” definitions.

Quote:
1) I believe in science
2) I also believe in comforting people with identity preferences and/or disorders

But if you believe in science you believe in two genders. Sorry.

I believe in some form of global warming AND I believe there are two genders. Why? Because I believe in science. You either do or you don’t.
cofc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #15752
Josh.0

We’ve had this conversation cofc. You just don’t ever recognize it. 99.9% of the time science has defined “gender” it has done so as two sexes. Right around the time of the radicalization of gender and the culture wars, it changed.

You know this. But I’ve embarrassed your dumb attacks so many times in these threads since you arrived to be Robin to Z’s Batman (who is Robin to Mario’s Batman) that you’re desperate for a “win.”

The problem is, and I say this entirely respecting you as a human and father and cop or whatever, you can’t keep up with these conversations. You’re a good human I’m sure, and you mean well, but you need to stop randomly attacking me if you know the end result time after time is you’re exposed as a low-IQ troll.

You’re not ready for the Bigs, yet. You’re hitting like .071. That’s Doug Mirabelli territory, but at least he could catch.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #15753
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Billionaire tax is an unapportioned direct tax. Completely unconstitutional. Just like the income tax that was supposed to be just a tax on the rich, this tax will be unleashed on everyone. It will come NOWHERE near paying for Biden’s wasteful spending. Just show and logistically a disaster - taxing unrealized capital gains.
Tambourine Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:39 AM   #15754
cofc

Quote:
We’ve had this conversation cofc. You just don’t ever recognize it. 99.9% of the time science has defined “gender” it has done so as two sexes. Right around the time of the radicalization of gender and the culture wars, it changed.
Yes, that great scientific principal of Correlation Always Equals Causation. Or for the 90s Sorkin fans, Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:42 AM   #15755
Josh.0

Edit: @Tamby because cofc interrupted with more dim-witted attacks.

Wait, has it been passed? I thought Yellen was just speculating?

That’s going to create so much insane volatility in the stock and crypto markets, leading to massive losses by middle class investors, that the stupidity hurts your head.

If you’re a “whale” getting taxed annually on unrealized capital gains, you’re just going to cash out annually. Which will drop the value of the investment for everyone. Then folks in the middle class will cash out due to the depreciating value of their assets. They’ll then have to pay their own capital gains taxes on their assets.

How could they be this incompetent? And this is even before getting into what you outlined, Tamby, which is that eventually this will just spread to the working investor.

It’s like they’re trying to make the economy worse for the middle and lower classes. It absolutely blows your mind.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #15756
zaphod!
for josh:

"things have always been defined this way, therefore that's just the way it is" - the great scientific minds of history.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:46 AM   #15757
Josh.0

“Change the objective, scientific definition of words to cater not to science but to social justice movements and then pretend that’s respecting science.” -Z
Old 10-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #15758
cofc

Quote:
“Change the objective, scientific definition of words to cater not to science but to social justice movements and then pretend that’s respecting science.” -Z
You continually attribute intent to science based on your opinion of why a change was made (beginning in the 50s no less), instead of relying on the actual scientists’ words and scientific works.

Hey, Tamborine man moved to Thailand. Around this same time, people move to Thailand to have sex with young boys. Tamborine Man must have moved to Thailand to have sex with young boys. But keep on looking for that win Josh.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #15759
Josh.0

Old 10-27-2021, 08:58 AM   #15760
cofc

Quote:
Yep. Just a troll

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc