These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2021, 04:16 PM   #27381
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgadt View Post
I guess a prop gun isnít always fake gun. I wonder what the projectile was. Also, how does one shot kill one person and injure another?

This prop master answers any question that Iíd have about this accident:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 10-23-2021, 08:41 AM   #27382
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
It is fucking awesome.

Don't bother watching it on HBO Max unless you have AT LEAST a 60 inch TV with a decent sound system.

Or I guess if you're unnvaccinated and/or just not comfortable going to a movie theater yet.

But damn, it was good. Cannot wait for the 2nd part.
Rebecca Ferguson was incredible
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:13 PM   #27383
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
It is fucking awesome.

Don't bother watching it on HBO Max unless you have AT LEAST a 60 inch TV with a decent sound system.

Or I guess if you're unnvaccinated and/or just not comfortable going to a movie theater yet.

But damn, it was good. Cannot wait for the 2nd part.
Just got home from it and it was epic. Visually stunning and intrigued by the story.

Like you said - can't wait for Part Two.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #27384
sean52692
You failed this band

Watched Dune the other night. Know nothing about the background or books. The visuals and score were enough to pull me in and make me incredibly interested. I wanted to love it. However the plot and character development... lacking. I was waiting for it all to click but it never really did for me. I didn't really get who was who and what was what in that universe - and the story wasn't set up where it teaches you everything you need to know naturally through the story like Star Wars.

Dune does have high rewatch value to go back and try to figure out the universe. Not going to lie, I audibly started cracking up when the movie ended. Maybe I was too high, but it seemed to end almost mid-sentence when I thought there was twenty minutes left.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #27385
Bluewater34
Is Old

I loved Dune, but I’ve long loved the Lynch movie, so I had some understanding of what was going on. My wife has never seen the older version, and she basically spent the whole movie saying that she didn’t care at all about any of the characters.

But, fuck it, she’s wrong. It’s awesome.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #27386
Tomacco

Saw The French Dispatch instead of Dune this weekend. Wasn’t my favorite Wes Anderson movie but I liked it a fair bit.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #27387
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Saw The French Dispatch instead of Dune this weekend. Wasnít my favorite Wes Anderson movie but I liked it a fair bit.
Iím not a fan of Wes Andersonís at all, but I did like Grand Budapest Hotel. Usually i canít get through his stuff
Old 10-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #27388
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Watched Dune the other night. Know nothing about the background or books. The visuals and score were enough to pull me in and make me incredibly interested. I wanted to love it. However the plot and character development... lacking. I was waiting for it all to click but it never really did for me. I didn't really get who was who and what was what in that universe - and the story wasn't set up where it teaches you everything you need to know naturally through the story like Star Wars.

Dune does have high rewatch value to go back and try to figure out the universe. Not going to lie, I audibly started cracking up when the movie ended. Maybe I was too high, but it seemed to end almost mid-sentence when I thought there was twenty minutes left.
I kinda felt the same way, though the music, visuals, and the mother and son really made it worth while. I mean, the music is like its own character....

I was lost some as well, but just chalked it up to being new to the story....never read the book or saw the first movie either.

This story of "the one" is not new, but I loved how they approached the world and tech combined with visuals + music.

Have we talk enough about the visuals yet?

Last edited by ggies; 10-24-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #27389
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I loved Dune, but Iíve long loved the Lynch movie, so I had some understanding of what was going on. My wife has never seen the older version, and she basically spent the whole movie saying that she didnít care at all about any of the characters.

But, fuck it, sheís wrong. Itís awesome.

dam straight!

My wife and I kept looking at each other periodically to make sure we both knew what was going on.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #27390
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Iím not a fan of Wes Andersonís at all, but I did like Grand Budapest Hotel. Usually i canít get through his stuff

The only thing Iíve liked by him was ĎRushmoreí.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #27391
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This was helpful to understand the movie a little more....I really could have stayed in that world for four more hours....oh, and I thought the hand combat was unique as well.

Old 10-25-2021, 03:17 PM   #27392
ggies
Sugar Will '04

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
Itís one of the most seamless marriages of live action photography and computer generated visual effects that Iíve seen,Ē Nolan said. ďItís very, very compelling at every turn.Ē

Nolan continued, ďYour entire team did an absolute incredible job. I think this film is going to introduce a whole new generation of fans to ĎDuneí who have never read the book or encourage fans to go read the book. I think itís an incredible piece of work. Iíve had the luxury of seeing it a couple times now, and each time I watch it I discover new things, new details to the world. The way in which itís made is for the big screen. Itís a real pleasure and a real gift to film fans everywhere.Ē
Old 10-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #27393
blumathu

Watched Dune at home on HBO Max (sorry) and really enjoyed it. It's been a very long time since I read the book, so I remembered almost nothing. I really hope they can make part 2.

I typically watch movies late at night when my kids are in bed. I have a nice comfortable set of Sennheiser headphones I use and a 65 inch screen. I prefer it to the theater experience.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #27394
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
Watched Dune at home on HBO Max (sorry) and really enjoyed it. It's been a very long time since I read the book, so I remembered almost nothing. I really hope they can make part 2.

I typically watch movies late at night when my kids are in bed. I have a nice comfortable set of Sennheiser headphones I use and a 65 inch screen. I prefer it to the theater experience.
ah, I get that. I've started watching more movies at home as well (not just due to the pandemic) as I have a 65 inch screen too, but there are still certain movies I go to the theater for.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #27395
blumathu

I probably would have gone to the theater if it wasn't on HBO Max. As it stands for me now, the first movie for me since the pandemic began will probably be Spider-Man.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #27396
NiCK (Crush)

Not surprisingly, they just officially greenlit part 2 of Dune.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:13 AM   #27397
blumathu

You know, they were probably going to make it all along. Seems like good marketing to announce it officially while they are still trying to get people into theaters for the first one.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:52 AM   #27398
Tomacco

I wanted to see Dune, but I don't really know anything about it or the book or the past movie. Now I'm seeing some people writing they didn't really understand it going in blind. Now this feels like homework, so I'm not sure I care anymore.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #27399
blumathu

I don't agree with those comments. I read the book but it's been a long time and I didn't remember any of the stuff that mattered. I also never saw the 80s version of the movie. Just pay attention and you'll be fine.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #27400
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

so there is a Buzz Lightyear origin story coming next year. WTF?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc