These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #21301
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,971
All the talk of guests inspired me to listen to Randall's Island 2006 for the first time in a decade. At the time, I loved that weekend, but felt the unevenness of it thanks to the SU stuff throughout. Listening now, I don't mind the SU stuff quite as much, considering the incredible Flecktones and Warren performances. I guess because Roi was there too, which is nice to hear in retrospect.

Some major highlights in both shows.
Night 1: Pig, So Right (still an amazing version), Cortez, Nancies > Warehouse, #41 and Ants w/Flecktones.
Night 2: The whole second half with LIOG w/Bela, Last Stop, Crush, Break Free, and Jimi is great. And Rapunzel and Say Bye are great in the first half. I even kind of like this weirdly long STDH.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:03 AM   #21302
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 23,097
From DMB's Facebook page:

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #21303
hobbesthecat
Boyd is the man
 
hobbesthecat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,137
nice pic!
__________________
Chris / @hobbesthecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Shut the fuck up you filthy whore. Jesuit school has made you soft.
hobbesthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 AM   #21304
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 291
Anyone know when they started officially referring to Pig as Dont Burn the Pig again? Would like to know how/why something like this happens. Does it come directly from Dave?
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:06 AM   #21305
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 23,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycreep View Post
Anyone know when they started officially referring to Pig as Dont Burn the Pig again? Would like to know how/why something like this happens. Does it come directly from Dave?
Not sure when management started actually titling live versions Don't Burn the Pig, but Dave's occasionally been singing it that way for years, so...
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #21306
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,130
IIRC it was when it cameback in ‘02. Dave was writing it on the setlist as don’t burn the pig, so it went on the official online setlists as that. I want to say it showed up as both Pig & DBTP on some official releases for awhile too until fully converting to dbtp. I still think it is weird they list it as anyting other than Pig on official releases. Dave can call it whatever he wants, obviously.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #21307
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
IIRC it was when it cameback in ‘02. Dave was writing it on the setlist as don’t burn the pig, so it went on the official online setlists as that. I want to say it showed up as both Pig & DBTP on some official releases for awhile too until fully converting to dbtp. I still think it is weird they list it as anyting other than Pig on official releases. Dave can call it whatever he wants, obviously.
This is pretty much correct, but I'm pretty sure it's always said Pig on the printed setlists. The official site's setlists have listed it as DBTP since 4/4/02 probably because Dave sometimes sings that lyric instead of "don't burn the day," but I don't think Dave calls it that. Seems to be a management/Lawlor thing.


Lawlor'd.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #21308
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 16,458
It bothers me because there is a distinction between Pig and DBTP
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #21309
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 23,097
This show should be the next DMBlive.

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
February 21, 1997
Dave and Tim
Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA

Recently
The Best of What's Around
Seek Up
Lie in our Graves
Help Myself
Don't Burn the Pig
Jimi Thing
What Will Become of Me?
Pay for What You Get
Dancing Nancies
Rhyme & Reason
Little Thing
Crash into Me
Two Step
You Are My Sanity
Breathing Space
You Are My Sanity (reprise)
Too Much
Lover Lay Down
Blue Water
Dreamed I Killed God
Typical Situation
Say Goodbye
Stream
#41
So Much to Say
Cry Freedom
Minarets
Satellite
Tripping Billies
Ants Marching
______________

Christmas Song
Warehouse
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #21310
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 13,834
I concur.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #21311
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,080
2/21/97
2/13/96
2/17/97
2/18/96
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #21312
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 16,458
Rather than a 96, 97, or 99 tour show I think something like 9/24/95 or 8/25/94 (both D&T) would be cool selections.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #21313
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This show should be the next DMBlive.

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
February 21, 1997
Dave and Tim
Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA

Recently
The Best of What's Around
Seek Up
Lie in our Graves
Help Myself
Don't Burn the Pig
Jimi Thing
What Will Become of Me?
Pay for What You Get
Dancing Nancies
Rhyme & Reason
Little Thing
Crash into Me
Two Step
You Are My Sanity
Breathing Space
You Are My Sanity (reprise)
Too Much
Lover Lay Down
Blue Water
Dreamed I Killed God
Typical Situation
Say Goodbye
Stream
#41
So Much to Say
Cry Freedom
Minarets
Satellite
Tripping Billies
Ants Marching
______________

Christmas Song
Warehouse
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
2/21/97
2/13/96
2/17/97
2/18/96
I think 2/18/96 should have been released before 2/19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Rather than a 96, 97, or 99 tour show I think something like 9/24/95 or 8/25/94 (both D&T) would be cool selections.
Agreed. Or even 11/7/94. Some really great performances in there, especially Jimi Thing.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #21314
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 13,834
I’d be fine with those, but as much as I still enjoy it, our one selection from the ‘97 run is a poor representation of that tour and badly needs to be augmented by something from later in the tour, preferably Denver or SF.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #21315
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 23,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Yes
Hate to complain, but I wish there was a second encore with Granny and OSW.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #21316
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,801
Last night during a hockey playoff game, they were playing Warehouse stop time live intro trying to get the crowd yelling woo
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #21317
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 27,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Last night during a hockey playoff game, they were playing Warehouse stop time live intro trying to get the crowd yelling woo


Just a guess, but was it in Washington? They’ve been playing that for years and years.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #21318
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This show should be the next DMBlive.

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
February 21, 1997
Dave and Tim
Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA

Recently
The Best of What's Around
Seek Up
Lie in our Graves
Help Myself
Don't Burn the Pig
Jimi Thing
What Will Become of Me?
Pay for What You Get
Dancing Nancies
Rhyme & Reason
Little Thing
Crash into Me
Two Step
You Are My Sanity
Breathing Space
You Are My Sanity (reprise)
Too Much
Lover Lay Down
Blue Water
Dreamed I Killed God
Typical Situation
Say Goodbye
Stream
#41
So Much to Say
Cry Freedom
Minarets
Satellite
Tripping Billies
Ants Marching
______________

Christmas Song
Warehouse
definitely
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #21319
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Just a guess, but was it in Washington? They’ve been playing that for years and years.
Could have been, I wasn't paying that close attn.
Just like hockey in general and no particular team
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #21320
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 27,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Could have been, I wasn't paying that close attn.

Just like hockey in general and no particular team


Oh I’m not saying it in a bad way, just that I noticed it a few years ago and WSH has played it ever since. Always thought it was cool.

Reminds me of the time the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins played Grey Street from the LWS in full between periods back in 2002-03 or so.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.14969 seconds with 19 queries