These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #141
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Please do elaborate. Im considering taking advantage of their deals. I have heard the customer service is atrocious and that delays are inevitable.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #142
RageATL
The Dude abides

The Travel Thread

I'm posting from my phone so I'll elaborate more in the morning, but the flight out was a train wreck, the flight back a joy.

Aside from all that, had a kick ass time in Denver and am quite serious about moving there soon.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #143
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I'm going to London tomorrow for 9 days. I've nevee been. I will have my 5 year old with me. Anything I shouldn't miss?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #144
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm going to London tomorrow for 9 days. I've nevee been. I will have my 5 year old with me. Anything I shouldn't miss?
Tower Bridge, Tower of London (they're right next to each other)

Definitely walk around the Millenium Bridge area as well, there's a skate park with an outdoor market and a bunch of cafes that are fun to check out. Very cool vibe and your little one will probably like watching the skaters.

There's also the London Eye (a giant Ferris wheel) and carousel next to all of that. Big Ben is in that area as well, you can't miss it, as well as Westminster Abbey.

Definitely go down to watch the changing of the guards by the Royal Palace at some point. That will also score you major dad points with your mini me.

You're going to quickly find you're in an amazing city. Enjoy!
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #145
mja271

I've been all over lately.

April 8-12 I was in Las Vegas for my future brother in law's bachelor party. April 16-19 I was in Boca Raton with all of my college friends for our friend's wedding. Sunday I'm taking a cruise with the gf to Bermuda for a week. Been a pretty awesome month so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #146
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Tower Bridge, Tower of London (they're right next to each other)

Definitely walk around the Millenium Bridge area as well, there's a skate park with an outdoor market and a bunch of cafes that are fun to check out. Very cool vibe and your little one will probably like watching the skaters.

There's also the London Eye (a giant Ferris wheel) and carousel next to all of that. Big Ben is in that area as well, you can't miss it, as well as Westminster Abbey.

Definitely go down to watch the changing of the guards by the Royal Palace at some point. That will also score you major dad points with your mini me.

You're going to quickly find you're in an amazing city. Enjoy!

Awesome boss. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #147
Mitch

Quote:
I was only there once, in 93. In addition to what Josh said, I'm sure you probably plan on trekking out to Stonehenge, and the town of Bath was a really cool town in the countryside that we visited.

Have a great time!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #148
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
I was only there once, in 93. In addition to what Josh said, I'm sure you probably plan on trekking out to Stonehenge, and the town of Bath was a really cool town in the countryside that we visited.

Have a great time!
We did stonehenge and I think will head to bath tomorrow. Really digging England.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #149
Jayes

Good deal I wanna check it out
Old 05-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #150
Josh.0

Quote:
We did stonehenge and I think will head to bath tomorrow. Really digging England.
It really is awesome, isn't it? When I went I really only landed in London because it was an easiest and cheapest way to access the rest of Europe. But by the time I had to leave, I didn't want to. I could have spent two weeks there. It's such a massive, clean, friendly, interesting city.

If I were to rank all of the cities I've visited in Europe...

100% want to visit again
Prague
Berlin
London

If given the option, would visit again
Vienna
Brussels (average city, AMAZING beer scene!)

Fun, but once was enough
Munich (outside of Oktoberfest, didn't seem that interesting).
Antwerp
Amsterdam (fun, but a little overrated as the locals aren't too accommodating to tourists. It's also so small that you can see everything there is to see in like 2-3 days)

Every one of those cities was great. But when I compare what I loved about them all, Amsterdam actually feels like the least likely place I'd visit a second time. London was THAT good that I think it's up there with the best.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #151
Josh.0

And I have to say this just because I'm Josh.0 and it's what I do.

The women in central Europe (Prague and Vienna, in particular) make you reconsider everything you ever thought you knew about what makes a woman "perfect." I've said it once, and I've said it again: spend a week around Czech and/or Austrian women and you will never look at American women the same way ever again.

Their combination of insane natural beauty, friendliness, and positivity tied to such a humble attitude will absolutely floor you. At least compared to a lot of women here in the northeast. A "10" here is an "8" there, and a "10" there will sit down, split a bottle of wine with you, shoot the shit for a few hours, and never once make you feel like you have to treat her like a princess. There's a mutual respect between both sexes embedded within their culture; men treat women well and women treat men well. There's no sense that either sex is superior or "owes" the other one anything; the relationships are truly organic. It was so refreshing to see a part of the world that manages to live that way.

I'm not saying there aren't women like that in the northeast, I'm just saying they're not NEARLY as common as they are in that part of the world. For every one you see here you'll see 50 over there.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #152
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
And I have to say this just because I'm Josh.0 and it's what I do.

The women in central Europe (Prague and Vienna, in particular) make you reconsider everything you ever thought you knew about what makes a woman "perfect." I've said it once, and I've said it again: spend a week around Czech and/or Austrian women and you will never look at American women the same way ever again.

Their combination of insane natural beauty, friendliness, and positivity tied to such a humble attitude will absolutely floor you. At least compared to a lot of women here in the northeast. A "10" here is an "8" there, and a "10" there will sit down, split a bottle of wine with you, shoot the shit for a few hours, and never once make you feel like you have to treat her like a princess. There's a mutual respect between both sexes embedded within their culture; men treat women well and women treat men well. There's no sense that either sex is superior or "owes" the other one anything; the relationships are truly organic. It was so refreshing to see a part of the world that manages to live that way.

I'm not saying there aren't women like that in the northeast, I'm just saying they're not NEARLY as common as they are in that part of the world. For every one you see here you'll see 50 over there.
I completely agree. Northeast US women need to realize that they aren't the greatest in the world. Luckily, I was able to find an amazing girl here who doesn't act like that.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #153
RageATL
The Dude abides

Not sure it's technically considered "travelling," but for us, it's an hour or so north of where we are, so we'll take it. I rented a cabin nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains for me and the lady right on a creek. Looking forward to setting my chair in the water, blasting some tunes and slugging some cold beer:

Old 06-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #154
sean52692
You failed this band

That looks super relaxing.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #155
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Not sure it's technically considered "travelling," but for us, it's an hour or so north of where we are, so we'll take it. I rented a cabin nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains for me and the lady right on a creek. Looking forward to setting my chair in the water, blasting some tunes and slugging some cold beer:

That looks fantastic!

How long will you be there? That looks like one of those places that would nice to get away to for several weeks - just to turn off the world for a while.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #156
Josh.0

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I just booked my third trip to Europe. Three nights in each; I leave in late October and return in November: Lisbon -> Madrid -> Barcelona -> Copenhagen.

Can't wait to go back!
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #157
Jayes

That cabin looks awesome. And I am missing France right now.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:20 AM   #158
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
That looks super relaxing.
Quote:
That looks fantastic!

How long will you be there? That looks like one of those places that would nice to get away to for several weeks - just to turn off the world for a while.
It really was an awesome cabin, totally relaxing. Funny enough, it was even cozier than the pictures lead you to believe but that was fine since it was just the two of us. We were there Friday afternoon around 3PM and left yesterday (Sunday) at 12PM, so it was a quick weekend trip. We got NAILED with torrential downpours Friday evening/night and then some more Saturday at some point, but we made the best of it and had a great time. It would have been WAY worse had it not had a covered porch. We were able to spend a little bit of time in the creek/river that's pictured, slugged MANY kind beers, listened to tunes and chatted quite a bit so all in all, a great weekend. To make up for the lack of sufficient aquatic time at the cabin, after we checked out, we decided to go tubing on the Toccoa River in Blue Ridge, GA on the way back home to enjoy the abundant sunshine that finally decided to roll in.

All that being said, today consists of a heavy dose of the Monday "back-to-work" blues followed by unpacking, laundry from the weekend, etc. BUT at least it's a short week!

Last edited by RageATL; 06-29-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #159
Jayes

Yeah I had a busy but fun "vacationy" weekend. Not excited to be working today :/ but only till 5. Then beers.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #160
Josh.0

Glad the trip to the cabin was fun. I'm really into camping and getting away from the noise so trips like that are right up my alley.

I've been daydreaming about Prague all morning. I want to go back so badly. There's nothing like it on earth. I was thinking about how it's such a shame that there are people who can afford it that will never really go out and explore the world. It really is the best part about being alive. There's so much cool stuff out there that makes life infinitely more interesting than whatever it is we each do every day.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc