These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #101
Alexis
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #102
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
winner
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #103
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
Goddamnit.
SeekUpAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #104
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,870
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #105
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 18,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
Swish
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:58 PM   #106
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
I'm just going to leave this here.

"My husband isn't a huge Dave fan, but has an idea for a business for me. It's called the Drive in, drive out drive thru diner. On Friday we'll have the Big Eyed Fish sandwich, the Proudest Monkey banana split for dessert, and the only drink we will serve would be a Crush soda. We'll have a sign on the door telling people not to drink the water. We'll also feature American Baby-back ribs with a side of Cornbread on Sundays with Alligator pie for dessert. Each day, takeout order #41 will be free. Order #7 will be extra greasy. And the rest of the week we will only serve the Best of what's around. It will be the perfect place to eat for drunken Soldiers or dancing nancies.

©Pantalanagapampa industries"

The DMBFamily has arrived.
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #107
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,430
Funny how Dave gets so uncomfortable when people ask about the 3rd verse, but endorses this incredibly creepy stuff
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #108
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,928
Excellent page here
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #109
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 18,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Funny how Dave gets so uncomfortable when people ask about the 3rd verse, but endorses this incredibly creepy stuff
I would just love to know why they choose to omit it in Grey Street
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #110
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
I would just love to know why they choose to omit it in Grey Street
They omitted the 3rd verse in order to make it fit (time wise for the segment) the Conan O'Brien show on 12.18.02. I wish this tv performance never happened because I guarantee that the full song would have stayed intact all these years.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #111
Huff
The Original Tracklist
 
Huff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincy area/Northern KY
Posts: 8,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Man

I've seen this guy pop up on Twitter. He's obsessed with BT like they are best friends or something. Crazy dude.
Yeah...his Boyd outrage is for real on twitter. In another thread I mentioned how some in the family are taking Boyd's being let go as if Dave had beaten their puppy to death. He's 80% of that outrage.
__________________
Huff

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #112
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
Game. Set. Match. Lock the thread. It's over.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #113
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
I'm just going to leave this here.

"My husband isn't a huge Dave fan, but has an idea for a business for me. It's called the Drive in, drive out drive thru diner. On Friday we'll have the Big Eyed Fish sandwich, the Proudest Monkey banana split for dessert, and the only drink we will serve would be a Crush soda. We'll have a sign on the door telling people not to drink the water. We'll also feature American Baby-back ribs with a side of Cornbread on Sundays with Alligator pie for dessert. Each day, takeout order #41 will be free. Order #7 will be extra greasy. And the rest of the week we will only serve the Best of what's around. It will be the perfect place to eat for drunken Soldiers or dancing nancies.

©Pantalanagapampa industries"
You guys just don’t get it.

They’re punz!!! It’s over your high and mighty elitist heads.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #114
Huff
The Original Tracklist
 
Huff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincy area/Northern KY
Posts: 8,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
Fuck, that was physically painful to read.

What if Order #7 is a salad!?
The alley oop….

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post
...then Boyd will toss it for you.
and the dunk BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKA!
__________________
Huff

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #115
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,176
This guy is arguing with me about whether or not the AGR cover of Riders on the Storm (feat. Dave) is actually DMB:

Guy: [posts link to song on YouTube]
Guy: I think that's Peter Greizer on the keys.
Guy: How good does Roi sound even just fucking around with Peter on the intro, before they even start up the song.
Guy: Fonz is spicing up the bass line! He sounds really really good. Wish he would play this aggressively more often.
Guy: This is the highest level of interplay I've heard in a jam from DMB. They are really listening and responding to eachother...especially Carter to Dave's scatting! Love it. I wonder what year this is, seems early, but Dave's voice sounds deep and it was really high in the early years. Maybe he had a lot to drink that night! haha.
Me: This is Agents of Good Roots with Dave guesting, not DMB
Guy: Really doubt that. The comments are wrong, that sounds like Fonz, Carter, Roi, Dave, and Peter.
Me: DMB has never covered this song.
Guy: I'm not buying it, I know how they sound on their instruments, on the almanac or not, I'm doubting this is the roots. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this sounds like Dave, Carter, Fonz, Roi, and Peter.
Me: You are wrong. Here's the whole show. [Only registered users can see links.]
Guy: I stand corrected! That really did sound like Carter though, don't you guys think?
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #116
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,430
Smh, the almanac knows their shit
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #117
greppson
Hmm...
 
greppson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancetheham View Post
This guy is arguing with me about whether or not the AGR cover of Riders on the Storm (feat. Dave) is actually DMB:

Guy: [posts link to song on YouTube]
Guy: I think that's Peter Greizer on the keys.
Guy: How good does Roi sound even just fucking around with Peter on the intro, before they even start up the song.
Guy: Fonz is spicing up the bass line! He sounds really really good. Wish he would play this aggressively more often.
Guy: This is the highest level of interplay I've heard in a jam from DMB. They are really listening and responding to eachother...especially Carter to Dave's scatting! Love it. I wonder what year this is, seems early, but Dave's voice sounds deep and it was really high in the early years. Maybe he had a lot to drink that night! haha.
Me: This is Agents of Good Roots with Dave guesting, not DMB
Guy: Really doubt that. The comments are wrong, that sounds like Fonz, Carter, Roi, Dave, and Peter.
Me: DMB has never covered this song.
Guy: I'm not buying it, I know how they sound on their instruments, on the almanac or not, I'm doubting this is the roots. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this sounds like Dave, Carter, Fonz, Roi, and Peter.
Me: You are wrong. Here's the whole show. [Only registered users can see links.]
Guy: I stand corrected! That really did sound like Carter though, don't you guys think?
wait wait wait. does he think The Roots and Agents of Good Roots are the same band?
__________________
Jason
greppson.net

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #118
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post
wait wait wait. does he think The Roots and Agents of Good Roots are the same band?
I think so.

(To his slight credit, though, the top comment on the video he posted says it's The Roots, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's never heard of Agents. But still.)
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:23 AM   #119
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 874
I miss Agents of Good Roots, they were great.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #120
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I miss Agents of Good Roots, they were great.
They've been playing shows lately. They're on the Lockn lineup this year, in fact!
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08542 seconds with 16 queries