These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #901
Feathered
oh shit!

Went and saw [Only registered users can see links.] at Kings last Saturday. I have to admit that I have never been to such a weird show. I had no idea that Garbage had psycho fans at this point, it was strange.

Tenacious D on Sunday.
Thome Yorke on November 26th then DMBx4 (MSGx2, Albany, Philly) coming up right after that one. Going to start shooting shows with a Sony RX100VI with an mv88 hooked up to my XS for audio starting at MSG. Should get some good footage.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #902
Garntd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Went and saw [Only registered users can see links.] at Kings last Saturday. I have to admit that I have never been to such a weird show. I had no idea that Garbage had psycho fans at this point, it was strange.

Tenacious D on Sunday.
Thome Yorke on November 26th then DMBx4 (MSGx2, Albany, Philly) coming up right after that one. Going to start shooting shows with a Sony RX100VI with an mv88 hooked up to my XS for audio starting at MSG. Should get some good footage.
Niiiice! That MV88 is clutch!
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #903
TDunk

Debating Dawes tonight

Leaning no

TV on the radio on Thursday
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #904
Feathered
oh shit!

[Only registered users can see links.] was really fantastic last night out in Brooklyn. Playlist will have the full show after I get done with work but most of it is up already. Enjoy everyone.

Note: This was the first show I shot with the RX100 VI so there are some color / light issues since I'm still feeling out the cameras manual abilities. Also it was the in camera mic, I will be starting to use the mv88 and doing audio syncs at either Yorke or DMB.

Last edited by Feathered; 11-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #905
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Got a few real nice shows coming up

Next Wednesday I'm going to the Last Waltz Revisited - More than 50 local musicians playing The Band's hits at the Fillmore here in Denver.

Weekend of Dec 8
Friday - Mapache (these guys are special)/Grateful Shred
Saturday - Mapache/Grateful Shred
Sunday - Willie Watson solo

Trying to figure out which of the 10 Chris Robinson Brotherhood Colorado dates are going to work for me in February. Hoping to it 2-3 shows
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #906
TDunk

Greensky tonight

first time seeing them.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:09 AM   #907
Feathered
oh shit!

Anyone seen Yo La Tengo? Thinking of bopping over to the show tomorrow after work tomorrow
Old 12-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #908
Mitch

Quote:
Anyone seen Yo La Tengo? Thinking of bopping over to the show tomorrow after work tomorrow
I saw them once in the 90’s. Pretty good.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #909
Dartagnan
Standing Has Become a Chore...

Saw The John Butler Trio here at the Taft on Friday. What a great show. It hit all my expectations. The band looks like they are having a blast, they sound fantastic and John is just ripping the hell out of whichever guitar he picks up.

The set was heavy on the new record Home, but that was okay since I love it and have had it in heavy rotation since it's release. If you like them and get a chance to catch them on this short tour, I highly recommend it. Who knows when they'll be back.

The only downsides were the fucking crowd chatter, especially during some of the quieter moments and the cell phones. Phones don't usually bother me, people can experience the show however they want. But at one point during Ocean I think someone was trying to film behind us and the spotlight/flash basically illuminated our whole section. Luckily it didn't last long. /oldmanrant
Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #910
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I saw them once in the 90’s. Pretty good.
As much as I dig some of their 90’s albums looking at the setlists it looks a bit all over the place. I think I’m too tired with what’s coming up this week with DMB at Albany then a pile of bands at the Not So Silent Night event the next night.

Plus I’m exhausted from Thom Yorke on Monday > Work, busy day dealing with shit, MSG > Editing the Videos > MSG > Editing the Videos > Work for 13 hours both Sat / Sun due to clusterfucks going on and then work today. I brought my gear to work with me in case I went but just meh.

I wanna go hang out with my dog, eat some real dinner and get some sleep so I can focus on getting a good pull on Wednesday.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #911
Mitch

I hear ya. I would never have even considered it in the midst of everything else you mentioned. Then again, Iím at the stage now where I only go out every once in awhile. I went to the show on Friday and now Iím good for a while
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #912
TDunk

Quote:
As much as I dig some of their 90’s albums looking at the setlists it looks a bit all over the place. I think I’m too tired with what’s coming up this week with DMB at Albany then a pile of bands at the Not So Silent Night event the next night.

Plus I’m exhausted from Thom Yorke on Monday > Work, busy day dealing with shit, MSG > Editing the Videos > MSG > Editing the Videos > Work for 13 hours both Sat / Sun due to clusterfucks going on and then work today. I brought my gear to work with me in case I went but just meh.

I wanna go hang out with my dog, eat some real dinner and get some sleep so I can focus on getting a good pull on Wednesday.
How'd you like Thom?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #913
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
How'd you like Thom?
Was a good show, I've listened to Radiohead forever but this was the first time I saw a solo show. Was a bit worried in the run up that it was going to be completely the new album he dropped but it ended up being a nice mix of stuff.

Ushers were being kind of dicks at this show and the crowd was kind of a mixed bag but I got a chunk of it recorded on video and then have a full mv88 audio pull I'll get out eventually (I'm in the middle of the DMB run so its been a low priority and I want to try to mix it a bit) but here's the YouTube playlist.

Black Swan was dope.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-04-2018, 12:49 AM   #914
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I hear ya. I would never have even considered it in the midst of everything else you mentioned. Then again, Iím at the stage now where I only go out every once in awhile. I went to the show on Friday and now Iím good for a while
Yeah I've been cranking it on shows lately since too many bands I like have been rapid fire in the area. In October I literally got off a plane from vacation with my parents and went to Barclays to see Gorillaz, then hit up NIN at Radio City the next day, went to work for two days and was in the Pit for Kings N1 right after my shift ended. Then hit up N2 the next day because I pulled a first row seat in the morning. Got so run down I was half sick for a week so I'm trying to pace it a bit better now so I don't get totally fried out.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #915
TDunk

Quote:
Was a good show, I've listened to Radiohead forever but this was the first time I saw a solo show. Was a bit worried in the run up that it was going to be completely the new album he dropped but it ended up being a nice mix of stuff.

Ushers were being kind of dicks at this show and the crowd was kind of a mixed bag but I got a chunk of it recorded on video and then have a full mv88 audio pull I'll get out eventually (I'm in the middle of the DMB run so its been a low priority and I want to try to mix it a bit) but here's the YouTube playlist.

Black Swan was dope.

Yeah I love the stuff off the Eraser and AMOK but have had a hard time getting into his other solo stuff.

I saw he threw in Reckoner in Detroit and that's the type of stuff I wish he'd do more often.

I would love AFP to tour again.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:11 AM   #916
Feathered
oh shit!

Muse was fun.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #917
Feathered
oh shit!

Old 12-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #918