8 2 3.33%
9 0 0%
10 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #41
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
In my mind, it's impossible to remove this album from the context of it being the death knell of a band I loved. Sure some of the songs aren't garbage and I've come to understand that even the "hardcore" fans here love an album that actually features a song written by the producer of DMB's arguably worst album but this moment in DMB history was the end of excellence. Anything beyond this was damage control or passing glimpses of greatness.
Yup. This is what I was getting at as well.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #42
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I’ll rank this album at an even 5. If it were an album by another band, then it would have been a solid album abs effort. However, since it was a DMB album and they released the big 3 prior, then there is no excuse for this.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #43
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
In my mind, it's impossible to remove this album from the context of it being the death knell of a band I loved. Sure some of the songs aren't garbage and I've come to understand that even the "hardcore" fans here love an album that actually features a song written by the producer of DMB's arguably worst album but this moment in DMB history was the end of excellence. Anything beyond this was damage control or passing glimpses of greatness.
Yea it definitely irrevocably altered the band's history. I'd love to just get a glimpse into an alternate universe of where we'd be today had the LWS materialized and ED never happened. Very possible the band wouldn't exist, but I'd still love to know how things would've played out in that world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #44
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Yea it definitely irrevocably altered the band's history. I'd love to just get a glimpse into an alternate universe of where we'd be today had the LWS materialized and ED never happened. Very possible the band wouldn't exist, but I'd still love to know how things would've played out in that world.

Even if the band temporarily broke up, they most likely would have reunited by now.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #45
greykitkat36

I find it unfair to judge an album based on the albums that came before it or after it...I really try to judge it as it is as one single piece of music unaffected. In this case, I think production wise it has more of a cohesion and "mood" than say BS, though clearly the songs are inferior.

Ranking: 6. It's a solid album, but nothing to write home about. It barely gets play from me these days, except when a song will come on by shuffle. I think there are some really well done tracks on here (like ED, STDH, FTT and Space) but overall the quality of writing is subpar and there's much more filler on it that helps destroy the flow. Just not a whole lot of memorable stuff on it, but it's perfectly listenable (where as Stand Up is not).
Old 09-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #46
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Spoiler alert: That world doesn't exist and we got That Girl Is You instead!

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc