These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what known songs do you want to see on the next album?
#40 29 30.21%
Be Yourself (full) 5 5.21%
Bismarck 70 72.92%
Blackjack 5 5.21%
Break For It 22 22.92%
Break Free 40 41.67%
Crazy Easy 72 75.00%
Death on the High Seas 13 13.54%
A Dream So Real 48 50.00%
Falling off the Roof 9 9.38%
Good Good Time 48 50.00%
Hurricane 9 9.38%
Kill The King 58 60.42%
Kill the Preacher 9 9.38%
Loving Wings 45 46.88%
Plastic Girl 3 3.13%
Shotgun 78 81.25%
Sister 5 5.21%
Sugar Will 76 79.17%
new songs only (???) 4 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #101
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
It leaves me feeling open to the thought that we're hearing an unfinished idea and if they put the time in it could improve. I'm not a fan of Can't Stop in that I want to listen to it but I like that they worked on it and finished it.
Interestingly, this actually isn't true - this is how Can't Stop was recorded in the first place. No Tim on that track but we do have Butch and Roi. That's the original studio version. Live, it seems like Stefan must have liked the riff and just started fucking around with it, prompting them to remake a slowed down version without the break and build on that for years before Dave went back to the original version.
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #102
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Interestingly, this actually isn't true - this is how Can't Stop was recorded in the first place. No Tim on that track but we do have Butch and Roi. That's the original studio version. Live, it seems like Stefan must have liked the riff and just started fucking around with it, prompting them to remake a slowed down version without the break and build on that for years before Dave went back to the original version.
So what was it they added, the bridge and Shotgun turn around? I knew rumors were going around they added things and changed it but my assumptions were pretty far off base.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #103
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 17,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
You want to hear Blackjack, then Sister or Steady as We Go, then You and Me, then Bayou??! Christ man, that is some serious masochism. Not sure I even want to hear the other songs you want in that run!
Sorry grammar police. Than
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #104
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
So what was it they added, the bridge and Shotgun turn around? I knew rumors were going around they added things and changed it but my assumptions were pretty far off base.
No, Jeff isn't credited on that song so all the horns are original to the recording with Roi. The bridge, walkdowns, even the little reprise at the end that drifts off - all of that was recorded in '06. There might be a few extra tracks added on top of those original sessions, I don't know about the vocals for instance.
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05729 seconds with 17 queries