These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's you're favorite track on Come Tomorrow?
Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin) 0 0%
Can't Stop 3 2.33%
Here On Out 5 3.88%
That Girl Is You 1 0.78%
She 3 2.33%
Idea Of You 18 13.95%
Virginia In The Rain 28 21.71%
Again and Again 35 27.13%
bkdkdkdd 2 1.55%
Black And Bluebird 6 4.65%
Come On Come On 16 12.40%
Do You Remember 10 7.75%
Come Tomorrow 1 0.78%
When I'm Weary 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #101
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,141
love the Come On Come On love.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #102
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but i like Brandi Carlisle on this song, i think she sounds good.
She sounds great.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #103
dandtrock
 
dandtrock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but i like Brandi Carlisle on this song, i think she sounds good.
It is my least favorite but I also think she sounds good on the track so I guess it is possible to feel both ways
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #104
JimBeam41
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
It is my least favorite but I also think she sounds good on the track so I guess it is possible to feel both ways
Agree, song is awful, but she sounds good
__________________
- Joe -
JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #105
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing
 
DMBTex10101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 4,190
Again & Again for sure.

Idea of You is second. Even with the weird transitions, it's still a bad ass song that I just can't get enough of.

Not quite understanding the love for Virginia in the Rain. I see the quality production and instrumentation, but the song itself really does nothing for me.
__________________
Tex

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #106
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 18,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelino View Post
Am I the only person here (or on the planet) that likes Come Tomorrow?
Runs and hides....im with you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #107
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
Runs and hides....im with you


It’s okay to be wrong sometimes.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #108
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing
 
DMBTex10101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
Runs and hides....im with you
I was flying in to DC Friday night, and that track happened to be playing while we were landing. Hearing it while looking through the window at all the monuments and the capital building . . . I definitely appreciate it more after that (even if I'm still not a huge fan).
__________________
Tex

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #109
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,225
B&BB
__________________
.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #110
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 18,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Itís okay to be wrong sometimes.
I am in the belief that you cant be wrong with music given how subjective it is. As long as you like it should matter
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #111
Welsh
Would you play by the rules?
 
Welsh's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 7,789
What a wide smattering of tunes. I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.
__________________
-Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan1
As long as they can suck the rust off a trailer hitch, its all good to me.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #112
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 555
Aaaaashes, stardust...

Can’t get that delivery out of my head.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #113
Dave
Gul Dukat is my bitch
 
Dave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the Hands of the Prophets
Posts: 3,128
I remember reading a "damning with faint praise" review of what DMB is that they don't write great songs, but make good sounds.

I can honestly say that there is something in every song that I like.

But, the leaders in the clubhouse are From Here on Out and Do You Remember

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Gretzky had it, lost it. Yzerman picks it up. Yzerman moving...blue line chance... SCORE! STEVE YZERMAN! DETROIT WINS!
there is a cult-like following of brunch fans who enthusiastically support its premium pricing

Quote:
IN THE AIR LEFT FIELD! THE TIGERS MARCH TO THE WORLD SERIES!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #114
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing
 
DMBTex10101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I remember reading a "damning with faint praise" review of what DMB is that they don't write great songs, but make good sounds.

I can honestly say that there is something in every song that I like.

But, the leaders in the clubhouse are From Here on Out and Do You Remember

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I agree, even Can't Stop is a jam, although that damn bridge kills me every time, it's just plain stupid.

It's surprising that people are comparing this album with Stand Up. It feels like night and day to me. Maybe Everyday is a worthy comparison, but that's even a stretch IMO. I'd put it above BW for sure, can't decide if I like AFTW more or less though.
__________________
Tex

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #115
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelino View Post
Aaaaashes, stardust...

Can’t get that delivery out of my head.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #116
Dave
Gul Dukat is my bitch
 
Dave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the Hands of the Prophets
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
I agree, even Can't Stop is a jam, although that damn bridge kills me every time, it's just plain stupid.

It's surprising that people are comparing this album with Stand Up. It feels like night and day to me. Maybe Everyday is a worthy comparison, but that's even a stretch IMO. I'd put it above BW for sure, can't decide if I like AFTW more or less though.
I understand the comparisons to SU because Batson's fingerprints are all over this album, but literally every effort he makes here is superior to what he did on SU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Gretzky had it, lost it. Yzerman picks it up. Yzerman moving...blue line chance... SCORE! STEVE YZERMAN! DETROIT WINS!
there is a cult-like following of brunch fans who enthusiastically support its premium pricing

Quote:
IN THE AIR LEFT FIELD! THE TIGERS MARCH TO THE WORLD SERIES!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #117
morgadt
 
morgadt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 5,940
I like She, I think it's their most successful attempt at trying to make a straight up rock song on a record. It's better than Hunger and Timebomb. Definitely not a skippable track for me.
__________________
-Dan
morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #118
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,141
I like the song Come Tomorrow more than I initially did, but it's still my least favorite on the album.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #119
Minarets
so damn interesting.
 
Minarets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashvegas baby!
Posts: 10,632
Again and Again is the best for me.
Love it



Pretty cool to see the wide variety of songs people love and hate on this album.
__________________
~Till we dance away~
Minarets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #120
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,141
I will say that the top 3 vote getters are my top 3 songs, easily.

But I do like how spread out it is. Seems like there is something for everyone.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.12186 seconds with 30 queries