These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #21
Sinister Minister
Lolawlor
 
Sinister Minister's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: B'More
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Can someone post the Spotify link so I can properly rip this?

FLAC should also be available for purchase on the Australian TIDAL store.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Sinister Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #22
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Can someone post the Spotify link so I can properly rip this?

FLAC should also be available for purchase on the Australian TIDAL store.
[Only registered users can see links.]
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #23
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,649
I like it fine.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:49 AM   #24
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Can someone post the Spotify link so I can properly rip this?

FLAC should also be available for purchase on the Australian TIDAL store.
You need a AU proxy, probably a residential one
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #25
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Reminds me somewhat of some older Peter Gabriel recordings. It's just a bit slow but I've always loved this song. I really like this one. The entire band sounds great.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #26
skb1999
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Reminds me somewhat of some older Peter Gabriel recordings. It's just a bit slow but I've always loved this song. I really like this one. The entire band sounds great.
agreed....I'm more intrigued how this will sound with Buddy on keys live...
skb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #27
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Reminds me somewhat of some older Peter Gabriel recordings. It's just a bit slow but I've always loved this song. I really like this one. The entire band sounds great.
I wish it reminded me of Gabriel. Reminds me more of Michael McDonald.

Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:04 AM   #28
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...
 
mrpeters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
You need a AU proxy, probably a residential one
Yeah. I've got it.
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:04 AM   #29
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
I meant Stefan. He's got a Levin vibe on this song.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:06 AM   #30
Huff
The Original Tracklist
 
Huff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincy area/Northern KY
Posts: 8,177
I like it. It throws out a nice 70s vibe.
__________________
Huff

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I wish it reminded me of Gabriel. Reminds me more of Michael McDonald.

I fucking love this song. I'm going to plug in my DX7 and learn this now! Thanks for posting that!
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #32
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,924
It's solid, not in love with it but definitely prefer it in studio to the live versions I had heard. I will say that I hate fadeouts and this one comes on pretty quick. It's a strange finish, especially with the horns finally kicking in.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #33
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I wish it reminded me of Gabriel. Reminds me more of Michael McDonald.

no one fucks with this jam.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #34
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Ever since the first time I heard Bob Law, I've just always thought of Michael McDonald. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, it's just what it makes me think of.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #35
.Gary.
 
.Gary.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,285
It's got a 2004 song vibe.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #36
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Ever since the first time I heard Bob Law, I've just always thought of Michael McDonald. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, it's just what it makes me think of.
I hear the Michael McDonald vibe. It also reminiscent of James(not Jim) Morrison.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #37
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,585
Fourth or fifth listen and this fucker is growing on me.

I'm now from meh to "I kind of like it." Lyrically it isn't offensive and there are some nice lines in there and I do like that little bit of funkiness. Still wish Dave played a guitar on this. I think having the 12-string layered on top of the piano parts would make this sound pretty amazing.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Fourth or fifth listen and this fucker is growing on me.

I'm now from meh to "I kind of like it." Lyrically it isn't offensive and there are some nice lines in there and I do like that little bit of funkiness. Still wish Dave played a guitar on this. I think having the 12-string layered on top of the piano parts would make this sound pretty amazing.
I think if I never heard it live I would love it.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #39
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,585
Also, does Do You Remember segue into this? It starts very abruptly, like there's something transitioning before it.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #40
Marcelino
 
Marcelino's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: 'Burgh
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Also, does Do You Remember segue into this? It starts very abruptly, like there's something transitioning before it.
The first few seconds are cut off in the rip that's currently circulating.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11071 seconds with 30 queries