These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #10021
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
Preferably vinyl and
Once I'm all set with a new job I might get my hands on some edibles. I gave up cigs and swore I'd never smoke another thing in my life when we decided we were sure we wanted to have kids.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #10022
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
No no, this is just confusion.

I didn't mean you accused my posts of being ancillary.
I meant my posts are ancillary to the album; you complained that I'm posting about an album I didn't listen to.


My point was that I haven't (mostly) posted about the album tunes themselves because I didn't listen to it.

You're missing six key words that answer your question:
"unwilling to even entertain with random people on the internet considering why he's doing this in the first place"

You actually still have this wrong.

I once was a fan of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, then they made some decisions I hated, and so then I wasn't anymore. Before that, I spent a lot of time on Star Wars messageboards. After that, I found that I didn't have anything to contribute to conversations about the actual stories, so I left. This seems like an effortless syllogism to me. Clearly you have other opinions, but I do not see the point of posting what largely amounts to solid walls of sarcasm and negativity about anything on a messageboard for something you don't like in the first place, even if you studiously don't comment on the things you haven't experienced.

...yes, but you're willing to entertain so many other things with us, including when you think other people are being "fucking sheep" because they have opinions you don't share. I find it fascinating that you feel the right to judge random people on the internet for their opinions but are unwilling to give them the opportunity to do the same. It has the whiff of hypocrisy.
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #10023
sdaltons
 
sdaltons's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Because if a person "enjoys" something, that person also "wants" that thing. So your statements here imply that I "wanted" you to talk about me when I posted the facts of DMB album sales.

Meanwhile, celluloid responded to the facts of DMB album sales I posted by talking about me.


Hence, it seems pretty obvious the person who wanted to talk about me was celluloid, you, et al.
So wait, now you've never enjoyed something you didn't want beforehand?

If a person sets an ice cold glass of 2% milk down in front of you, and you weren't thirsty and milk was the furthest thing from your mind, but you drink it anyway to be polite, and that milk just absolutely hits the fucking spot, then you must have wanted that milk beforehand?
__________________
-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #10024
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
So wait, now you've never enjoyed something you didn't want beforehand?

If a person sets an ice cold glass of 2% milk down in front of you, and you weren't thirsty and milk was the furthest thing from your mind, but you drink it anyway to be polite, and that milk just absolutely hits the fucking spot, then you must have wanted that milk beforehand?
Your Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
QFT. However considering he is a troll and seems to know it, the derailment that has taken place in this thread has just served to give him more attention. I'm quite sure he's eating it up.

Everything you just wrote is a complete retcon of what you said.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #10025
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
You actually still have this wrong.

I once was a fan of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, then they made some decisions I hated, and so then I wasn't anymore. Before that, I spent a lot of time on Star Wars messageboards. After that, I found that I didn't have anything to contribute to conversations about the actual stories, so I left. This seems like an effortless syllogism to me. Clearly you have other opinions, but I do not see the point of posting what largely amounts to solid walls of sarcasm and negativity about anything on a messageboard for something you don't like in the first place, even if you studiously don't comment on the things you haven't experienced.

...yes, but you're willing to entertain so many other things with us, including when you think other people are being "fucking sheep" because they have opinions you don't share. I find it fascinating that you feel the right to judge random people on the internet for their opinions but are unwilling to give them the opportunity to do the same. It has the whiff of hypocrisy.
Should Cleveland Browns fans not post negative things on message boards about the team losing every game last season?

Should Sacramento Kings fans not post negative things on a message board when they inevitably fuck up the #2 draft pick next week?

Should New York Mets fans not criticize the Wilpons for being shitty owners who make terrible decisions?

Should American citizens refrain from criticizing the actions the assholes in the White House take?

Your argument is, essentially, "If you don't like it here, move to Canada!" And/or "Explain why you haven't moved to Canada yet if you don't like it here so much!"
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #10026
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,316
Hey will you guys shut the fuck up and can we get back to talking about the album. Jesus.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #10027
mattinmass
heady
 
mattinmass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: just another city again
Posts: 20,745
Wtf. All I want to know is if Mario listened to the album
mattinmass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #10028
sdaltons
 
sdaltons's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Should Cleveland Browns fans not post negative things on message boards about the team losing every game last season?

Should Sacramento Kings fans not post negative things on a message board when they inevitably fuck up the #2 draft pick next week?

Should New York Mets fans not criticize the Wilpons for being shitty owners who make terrible decisions?

Should American citizens refrain from criticizing the actions the assholes in the White House take?

Your argument is, essentially, "If you don't like it here, move to Canada!" And/or "Explain why you haven't moved to Canada yet if you don't like it here so much!"
So you are saying you...are a fan of the Dave Matthews Band?
__________________
-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #10029
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
Wtf. All I want to know is if Mario listened to the album
There is no way he hasnít.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:01 PM   #10030
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
So you are saying you...are a fan of the Dave Matthews Band?
I think the context of that question is very open to confusion. Here's lots of ways to answer:

I, like pretty much everyone here except Nick who's just happy for any little scraps Dave will give him, wish they'd fire Rashawn, let Coffin play jazz, fix all the stuff they broke (eg: OSW), write good lyrics, and play only their good songs.

I was a warehouse member until March 31 of this year.

I don't really care who the band is, I'll listen to a good album. There are plenty of bands who I don't really in general like but listen to outlyer album.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #10031
morgadt
 
morgadt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 5,939
She to Do You Remember is a solid run.
__________________
-Dan
morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #10032
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,136
I am critical of Rashawn, love Dave's lyrically strong songs, and complain about OSW.

Read.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #10033
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,136
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 AM   #10034
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,156
That review has certain flaws.

Comparing DYR to Jack Johnson makes me like it a little less.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #10035
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,482
"Leroy"?
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #10036
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren
 
Thor2531's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Thought that was a pretty solid review. I don't consider Can't Stop "old school" by any means but otherwise he captured a lot of my feelings of the album.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #10037
bassplayer22
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
That review has certain flaws.

Comparing DYR to Jack Johnson makes me like it a little less.
Makes you like the song less?
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #10038
Bigsho
 
Bigsho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Posts: 779
Making of, part 4

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Blossom- '07, '08, '09, '10, '12, '13, '14,'15, '16
Columbus- '16
PNC Park- '10
Lakeside (all 3 nights) - '11
Deer Creek N2- '12
Burgettstown N2- '12
Bigsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #10039
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I get what you're saying, but the LW one is not just a random lady tacked on the end of a track. It's 'Roi answering an actual phone call, and it's mixed in well with other stuff going on during an actual transition from one song to the other.

The phone call after Samurai Cop is just a random lady tacked on to the end. It makes no sense at all.
Yeah it doesn't fit at all
When I heard the leak, I thought the person who leaked it put it on there as like a trademark of their rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Saw this on the twitters

How many Come Tomorrow songs every current and former #DMB member performs on:

Dave Matthews: 14
Carter Beauford, Stefan Lessard, Rashawn Ross: 11
Tim Reynolds: 7
Jeff Coffin: 6
Butch Taylor: 3
LeRoi Moore: 2
Boyd Tinsley, Buddy Strong: 1
interesting to me is one of the songs is That Girl Is You and dave plays bass/drums ???
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #10040
MidwestDrummer
Next caller!
 
MidwestDrummer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,457
Chapter 4

__________________
GO BIG RED!!!
MidwestDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.10549 seconds with 16 queries