Old 06-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #9981
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Nope, you're still doing it wrong.
Omg how can you be this dense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #9982
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Omg how can you be this dense?
You: Keeps getting a simple logical structure incorrect.
Also You: Accuses other people of being dense.

Lol.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #9983
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Is that you running away because you posted an "allegory" that was completely inapplicable and you're embarrassed?
Ok, fine: I'll spell it out for you.

You don't like this band, and apparently don't like us either. You post in here frequently to this effect. You think we're fucking idiots, that obvious questions to you are none of our fucking business, and you (as far as I can tell) uniquely among everyone here haven't even listened to the thing we're discussing.

So: for some reason you won't discuss, it apparently brings you some sort of fulfillment to shit on people enjoying a thing you won't even do, actively mocking them for liking a thing you don't and finding all the most negative bits and pieces of others' well-rounded posts to reinforce to everyone having a good time that actually they shouldn't be.

The last time I encountered someone who behaved this way, they were an elementary school student who liked to tell all the rest of us that we were bad at soccer. But he wouldn't PLAY soccer. And he also wouldn't just go the fuck away and do something he DID like. He just wanted to stand there and tell all of us that we shouldn't be having any fun.

When I was that young, my response to that situation was to punch him. Obviously as an adult I don't punch people I disagree with. This is part of maturing as we age. I assume Chris Jones probably grew out of intentionally shitting on other people just to make himself feel better, too. Maybe you should try that sometime?
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #9984
greppson
Hmm...

mario: i don't like this band anymore, this album sucks, and screw you all.

also mario, the second highest post total (behind Nick, duh) in this thread. still.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #9985
greppson
Hmm...

i bet in this lull mario is writing an epic response.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #9986
sdaltons

Quote:
You: Keeps getting a simple logical structure incorrect.
Also You: Accuses other people of being dense.

Lol.
Bahahhahaha how much more clear could I have made it that I was not trying to do your idiotic meme??

Quote:
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #9987
Minarets
so damn interesting.

She hasn’t spoken to me yet. That said, I love the Batson added keys at the end. Funky sound.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #9988
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Ok, fine: I'll spell it out for you.

You don't like this band, and apparently don't like us either. You post in here frequently to this effect. You think we're fucking idiots, that obvious questions to you are none of our fucking business, and you (as far as I can tell) uniquely among everyone here haven't even listened to the thing we're discussing.

So: for some reason you won't discuss, it apparently brings you some sort of fulfillment to shit on people enjoying a thing you won't even do, actively mocking them for liking a thing you don't and finding all the most negative bits and pieces of others' well-rounded posts to reinforce to everyone having a good time that actually they shouldn't be.

I don't know the location of the fantasy world you are describing, but it ain't what happened in this thread. I posted about sales being pretty lousy. Celluloid jumped in with, admitted, ad hominem attacks on me. You've continued ad hominem criticisms of me. That's what happened.

It seems like you're projecting a lot of insecurities from your personal life onto me, because I haven't done any of the things in your second paragraph there.

I'm very sorry that the fact of comparatively lousy album sales make you sad and you think about other people who made you sad. But stating those facts doesn't make me a negative asshole.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #9989
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Bahahhahaha how much more clear could I have made it that I was not trying to do your idiotic meme??
You: Keeps using the structure of the meme
Also you: Denies trying to use the structure of the meme

Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #9990
Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
She hasnít spoken to me yet. That said, I love the Batson added keys at the end. Funky sound.
I wouldn't have thought I would've liked that song if someone had described it to me, but something about it clicks for me. I like how the riff is strangely timed, I like the way it builds, I like the contrast between the staccato jumps in the verse and the arching figures in the chorus, I like the way the horns slowly layer in, and I really like Batson's solo at the end (or Buddy's, live). I think it's just a really well put together, pretty unique piece of pop music. I like it when bands that I follow try new styles.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #9991
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post
i bet in this lull mario is writing an epic response.
I know! I'll use a dank meme!!

Quote:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #9992
Thrawn

Quote:
I don't know the location of the fantasy world you are describing, but it ain't what happened in this thread. I posted about sales being pretty lousy. Celluloid jumped in with, admitted, ad hominem attacks on me. You've continued ad hominem attacks on me. That's what happened.

It seems like you're projecting a lot of insecurities from your personal life onto me, because I haven't done any of the things in your second paragraph there.
Find me ten posts of yours where you refer to another boarder in a positive way.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #9993
greppson
Hmm...

although the lyrics on this album leave a bit to be desired (and i don't expect anything stellar from dave anymore), the melodies and hooks keep getting stuck in my head.

coming around to this album a bit more each day.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #9994
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

Mario, honest question, why won't you listen to the album so you can justify your preconceived ideas about said album?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #9995
Thrawn

Quote:
although the lyrics on this album leave a bit to be desired (and i don't expect anything stellar from dave anymore), the melodies and hooks keep getting stuck in my head.

coming around to this album a bit more each day.
It's been a long time since the 6th listen of a DMB album was better than the 1st or 2nd for me. It used to be a defining characteristic of their music, to me, that their songs were growers. Hasn't been this true in a while. Every time I listen to this I find new details, especially in Stefan's parts.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #9996
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike VDH View Post
Mario, honest question, why won't you listen to the album so you can justify your preconceived ideas about said album?
I have a big glass of milk. I sip half of milk and it is spoiled. Why would I drink the rest of the glass?

Especially when I've got an endless supply of glasses of milk that aren't spoiled.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #9997
greppson
Hmm...

Quote:
I have a big glass of milk. I sip half of milk and it is spoiled. Why would I drink the rest of the glass?
not an adequate comparison. actually probably the worst comparison you could make.

so you are telling us that for all albums you only like all of it or hate all of it?

all albums, any album, any band.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #9998
Thrawn

Quote:
Even if we call this perfectly logical, explain the part where you want to sit next to the people who are drinking it and tell them how many other people aren't?

"Really guys! Lots more people used to drink milk and now they don't! Isn't that sad?"

"...I don't care? I'm enjoying this? How about you fuck off?"

"BUT LOOK HOW MANY FEWER PEOPLE ARE DRINKING IT NOW THAN YESTERDAY!"
Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #9999
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Find me ten posts of yours where you refer to another boarder in a positive way.
I made ten posts last week being very positive of Brandon. You can go find them yourself.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #10000
mario

Quote:
not an adequate comparison. actually probably the worst comparison you could make.

so you are telling us that for all albums you only like all of it or hate all of it?

all albums, any album, any band.
I only ever listen to complete albums. I don't ever listen to albums with terrible fucking songs on them. I don't listen to albums and skip tracks.

I already know I don't care for Samurai Cop, Can't Stop sucks,That Girl Is You fucking blows... I'm never going to press play on this album knowing the three of the first four songs I have no interest in hearing.

There are only two songs on the album I've never heard. And I just don't care enough to go listen to them.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc