These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #181
abw123
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,773
Now I got scars like the number of stars, my mind's full of vipers
I got the dust of the desert in my bones, coming through the amplifiers
Between the minor chord fall and the fourth and the fifth
It's a broken Hallelujah and a pain in my fist
I wash my hands like the man with the blood on his teeth
Over and over without relief
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #182
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
god damn, that's brilliant.

the melody in that song is so catchy and good, i love that it basically sticks to it through the entire thing.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #183
abw123
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,773
Everyone sucks the EP's dick, but I think it's that song and Blue Jeans (masterpieces) then it drops off a cliff to the other 2 songs, which are still good, but not their best stuff.

They really don't have any bad songs though. I honestly can't think of another band that is even close to as consistent. They have released, what, 40-50 songs in total, and I'd say 95% of them are flat out great and the other 5% are still good.

If their next album wasn't a total A+ release I'd be shocked.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #184
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by abw123 View Post
Everyone sucks the EP's dick, but I think it's that song and Blue Jeans (masterpieces) then it drops off a cliff to the other 2 songs, which are still good, but not their best stuff.

They really don't have any bad songs though. I honestly can't think of another band that is even close to as consistent. They have released, what, 40-50 songs in total, and I'd say 95% of them are flat out great and the other 5% are still good.

If their next album wasn't a total A+ release I'd be shocked.
the Drive By Truckers have been that consistent for twice as long and with 3 times as much material.

as for the EP, every song is gold.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #185
abw123
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,773
I think Senor and Say I Won't are both probably in their bottom 5-7 songs released (to me)

Again, good songs........but not as good as the others.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #186
dmb726525
DMBML Crack Monkey
 
dmb726525's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: nj
Posts: 2,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by abw123 View Post
I think Senor and Say I Won't are both probably in their bottom 5-7 songs released (to me)

Again, good songs........but not as good as the others.

Wow completely disagree. Nothing touches the EP, IMO. All four songs are 100% gold
dmb726525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #187
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
the only thing that i sometimes take issue with in that EP is the production. it's... different.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #188
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,668
Ok, this album kicks ass when you are working out in the gym.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #189
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,668
Boomboxes and Dictionaries is a kickass way to start an album off
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #190
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
underrated tune


perfect summer drive song
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #191
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,668
I'm really liking this album bro, not sure if I should move on to '59 Sound yet because I am really enjoying this one
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #192
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
check out Senor And The Queen, it's only like 15 minutes long.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #193
abw123
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,773
Here's a new song (good quality version too) they were apparently playing last summer. "Biloxi Parish".

[Only registered users can see links.]

This may have already been posted, I couldn't remember - too lazy to look through 10 pages.

Solid riffage.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #194
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
i can't believe how far this band has come

FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #195
abw123
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,773
I love singers who sing with tons of emotion and power, and Fallon definitely falls into that category.

I hope their new album just blows the world away.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #196
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
he's my favorite vocalist around, by far. and the dude just keeps getting better with each release. i didn't think he could get better than what he was doing on American Slang and he brought the grit and power to a whole other level on the itunes ep.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #197
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
check out Senor And The Queen, it's only like 15 minutes long.
Listened to it over the weekend and I enjoyed it as well. I'm ready to move on to '59 Sound now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #198
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585


did you ever get Guide to Recognizing Your Saints watched?
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #199
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post


did you ever get Guide to Recognizing Your Saints watched?
I posted an update in the thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #200
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,800
Worst band
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08437 seconds with 16 queries