These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #341
ggies
Sugar Will '04

A new doc on climate change from the military perspective:

Quote:
‘The Hurt Locker’ meets ‘An Inconvenient Truth’, THE AGE OF CONSEQUENCES investigates the impacts of climate change on increased resource scarcity, migration, and conflict through the lens of US national security and global stability.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #342
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I fucking love this man. When I found out about him in 2012, he gave me new inspiration as a young adult for my life time and for humanity's future. Don't think for one second of doubting his goals - he will get it done. We will transition to renewable energy and production with EVs, solar(wind), and battery storage. No gov't will stop this new era of energy.

We will go to Mars. This is happening in our lifetime. Our path as a species is realigned thanks to him and feel relieved for my daughter's future and any off-spring she might have.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #343
ggies
Sugar Will '04

If you haven't heard, this was released yesterday by Elon.....finally found a youtube to post instead of his tweet. They are skipping the beta cars and going straight to 'release candidates' for the Model 3. This is them testing the acceleration.

Last edited by ggies; 03-26-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:16 PM   #344
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Here's another study saying the same thing I have seen in all my research - that somewhere between 2020-2025 EVs will be at price parity with one of the lowest ICE cars today. That's just 2-7 years guys!!!

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
In 2022, ARK expects the cost of a 200-mile EV to drop below $23,000 placing it at a lower price point than 50% of passenger cars sold in the U.S.
Quote:
Incorporating the EV savings associated with lower maintenance and fuel costs, ARK anticipates that the crossover point will occur even sooner, perhaps before 2020

Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #345
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

I have admired Elon Musk for a while now. Of course it is more than encouraging to see his faith in humanity, and his willingness to work pro bono for causes he shrewdly understands to be global in scope.

One example:

Elon Musk offers to fix Australian power network in 100 days

We should really just elect this man, if it werent for all the time that would take away from the seriously important work he is doing. I get a little more nervous the more I read about him that he will be John Lennon'd or MLKJ'd or, you know, countless other examples of humans silencing the voice of reason. With all these balls in the air, I'd be devastated to lose a man like this, especially in this day and age.

If the backwards morons in DC dont collapse the system, Musk will likely go on to become one of the biggest names in history.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #346
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
I have admired Elon Musk for a while now. Of course it is more than encouraging to see his faith in humanity, and his willingness to work pro bono for causes he shrewdly understands to be global in scope.

One example:

Elon Musk offers to fix Australian power network in 100 days

We should really just elect this man, if it werent for all the time that would take away from the seriously important work he is doing. I get a little more nervous the more I read about him that he will be John Lennon'd or MLKJ'd or, you know, countless other examples of humans silencing the voice of reason. With all these balls in the air, I'd be devastated to lose a man like this, especially in this day and age.

If the backwards morons in DC dont collapse the system, Musk will likely go on to become one of the biggest names in history.
nice and I agree

Yes, if politics didn't play in the energy industry, we would be a lot farther ahead than we are now. I was skeptical of Elon being on Trump's "business board" but if Elon can whisper the right words then it will be worth it.

But that's the beauty of all this - EVs and solar panels are getting cheaper and cheaper. So even now as Trump's admin is moving everything backwards, it won't matter in the long run. It's their last fight before the fall.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #347
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
The study found that as greenhouse gases have increased in the atmosphere, those waves have lingered longer over particular regions. "Anything that makes those waves more persistent means the weather is going to be more persistent too, and summer extreme events are associated with these persistent patterns," Francis said.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #348
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Amory does a great job at listing all the reasons why:

Old 03-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #349
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Labor leaders at Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) luxury Audi brand have asked top management to assign production of an all-electric model to the carmaker's main plant in Germany, concerned they might lose out as electric cars gain in importance.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #350
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This title is a bit weird, but the info in it is interesting. Basically the models that are used to determine peak demand for oil are wrong and are allowing the industry to not be ready for a structural change.

As I've shown before, we have already decoupled our economy away from dirty energy and can actually produce more from less energy thanks to renewables.

Quote:
the rest of the world realized what Saudi Oil Minister Al-Naimi argued long ago and what Shell Oil has more recently asserted, namely that peak demand will occur long before peak supply.
Quote:
the United States has already seen demand decline for about 13 years
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #351
ggies
Sugar Will '04

The important part to think about:

Quote:
“The total value of Saudi Aramco’s revenue after costs is around $3.4 trillion. With the old tax system, around 88% of the value went to the government through taxes and royalties, while with the new system around 60% of the profit goes the government. Oil price should be reaching 75 USD/bbl by the time of the public offering; this is also close to the long-term oil price needed to justify the share price of other large global oil companies”, comments Erlingsen.
which the bold part is in 2018, while the futures curve puts oil at $50/b. So there is a contradiction between the market oil majors and the futures market and this shows there could be overstated revenue for these companies.

Last edited by ggies; 03-29-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #352
ggies
Sugar Will '04

YES.

Quote:
"It is right to save humanity, it is wrong to pollute this Earth. It is right to give HOPE to the future generations."

And FUCK YOU Trump and your admin. for continuing to destroy our only habitable planet. FUCK YOU for your small minded, uneducated, greedy little hands.

oooops, let my emotions slip out........sorry.......
Old 04-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #353
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This was a very enlightening and sad documentary on coal miners. The fact that we have a president who continues to promote this awful industry instead of signaling the end for them and creating a new path for these people is appalling.

I highly recommend this doc.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #354
ggies
Sugar Will '04

First time TSLA has hit the $300 mark!

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)
NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist

300.08+1.56 (+0.52%)
As of 9:36AM . Market open.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #355
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Also, if you haven't seen in the news:

Old 04-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #356
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Well I'll be ordering a 2018 F150 and the Model 3 this fall so I'll be glad to help out both companies
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #357
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
Well I'll be ordering a 2018 F150 and the Model 3 this fall so I'll be glad to help out both companies
nice. Might want to think about selling it in 3 or so years because Tesla is coming out with a Truck as well.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #358
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Update:

Old 04-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #359
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
nice. Might want to think about selling it in 3 or so years because Tesla is coming out with a Truck as well.
Im very interested to see what they do with that. If it can tow my boat I'm all for it.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #360
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
Im very interested to see what they do with that. If it can tow my boat I'm all for it.
Me too........

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc