ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Wish it were that easy to fix the air in my car
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #102
malachite00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
You've been talking to my wife
Has she been suggesting you stop spending your days watching The View? I'm sure it's somewhat tough being a stay-at-home-dad because it's not the norm, but man I'm jealous of the fun my husband and daughter have. Sometimes I think he's having more fun than she is. She's like "daddy can we just stay home and play?" when he's got plans of them hiking then having a picnic on the beach.

Quote:
We rented out our condo and it was beyond a breeze. Obviously you hear horror stories so I figure I'd share the other end. I was nervous but went with a single professional woman who had two dogs (even though I was all no pets going in). She just seemed ideal, so I made that sacrifice. I am anal as can be and when she moved out there were no signs anyone had ever lived there. She called me twice the entire time she she lived there. And my SUPER pain in the ass neighbor only called me once saying the 'huge dog' was scaring her daughter. I know 11 year old labs can be scary, but...

I'd say it can be great, just wait for a person that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
We rent a house out and it's a breeze just save a portion of rent for emergencies

No mgmt company
It's good to hear some positive stories. People keep trying to scare us off, but all of them have either never rented out their places, or use management companies. I haven't actually heard horror stories from anyone directly. I'm most worried about making sure we don't get obnoxious renters who piss off our neighbors. We have a very strict HOA, but it has kept our area very nice.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #103
RageATL
The Dude abides

Homeownership Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
That's the philosophy that I typically buy into.

Sure it's more rewarding to do it yourself and you'll likely save money in the end. But hiring a professional to do it ensures that it's done right, comes with a guarantee in workmanship, and saves me time from having to research how to do something and then actually doing it. It's just less hassle and more peace of mind that it's gonna be done by someone who is experienced.

I still research the effort involved in the project so I gain the knowledge and if I deem it to be outside of what I'm comfortable doing, I call in a professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
So the HVAC service tech came out and as I expected my system was 3 pounds low on freon. He determined there was a leak somewhere in the system and added a sealant additive to plug it. About an hour after adding freon the system began to cool much easier. Very happy with how it's performing now.

Glad you got it resolved!

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #104
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Next Friday I'm moving my family from an 1,800 sqft townhome to a 4,000 sqft home of our dreams on .5 acres. My current exterior maintenance is minimal, but that won't be the case at the new home...anyone want to give me a heads up of what I should purchase to keep the yard in good condition? I'm a workhorse who likes keeping busy so a list of possible tools is definitely appreciated.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #105
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
Next Friday I'm moving my family from an 1,800 sqft townhome to a 4,000 sqft home of our dreams on .5 acres. My current exterior maintenance is minimal, but that won't be the case at the new home...anyone want to give me a heads up of what I should purchase to keep the yard in good condition? I'm a workhorse who likes keeping busy so a list of possible tools is definitely appreciated.
Nice, congrats and good luck with it! Not sure aside from the basics, rake, lawnmower, weed whacker, step stool, drill, extension cord and maybe a garden hose/reel/nozzle. That was pretty much my list.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #106
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
Approximately what's the square footage of yard that you have to mow? It's a big expense but I recommend a zero-turn mower. Makes mowing super quick and easy. It didn't take long for me to get tired of using a push mower every weekend. The second I hopped on a zero-turn I fell in love and actually had a blast mowing.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #107
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

20,000 sqft, although there is a pretty substantial paver patio that gobbles up a portion of it.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #108
malachite00

Quote:
You've been talking to my wife

We rented out our condo and it was beyond a breeze. Obviously you hear horror stories so I figure I'd share the other end. I was nervous but went with a single professional woman who had two dogs (even though I was all no pets going in). She just seemed ideal, so I made that sacrifice. I am anal as can be and when she moved out there were no signs anyone had ever lived there. She called me twice the entire time she she lived there. And my SUPER pain in the ass neighbor only called me once saying the 'huge dog' was scaring her daughter. I know 11 year old labs can be scary, but...

I'd say it can be great, just wait for a person that makes sense.
We finally found our renters (after much back and forth with the bank about the house we are trying to move into). Funny thing is they are from Portland, Maine. Isn't that where you're from?

Just wondering, did you set up a separate bank account just to handle the rental? Or just put their payments in your normal checking/savings account.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #109
RageATL
The Dude abides

On the phone with my homeowner's insurance right now filing a claim for a hail/wind damaged roof from last year. There's goes yet another $1K chunk out of my yearly bonus. So happy I slapped it right in the bank and didn't buy anything stupid.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #110
RageATL
The Dude abides

To follow up on my post above, they're finally getting out to replace my roof. Yeah, it could have been WAY worse so for that I'm thankful, but it's still $1K out of pocket regardless.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #111
RageATL
The Dude abides

Not sure if any of you folks have ever gotten a new roof put on, but HOLY SHIT it's loud! We both work from home and now I'm thinking we really should have considered taking the day off.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #112
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Not sure if any of you folks have ever gotten a new roof put on, but HOLY SHIT it's loud! We both work from home and now I'm thinking we really should have considered taking the day off.
Please do not complain to the Mexican workers about the loud noise
Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #113
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
Please do not complain to the Mexican workers about the loud noise
Nah man, they're just doing their job.

Curious though, why do you say that, are you a roofer?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #114
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Nah man, they're just doing their job.

Curious though, why do you say that, are you a roofer?
i was just picturing you complaining to the workers when all they were doing was their job

kinda like Goldie Hawn in the beginning of Overboard
Old 05-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #115
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
i was just picturing you complaining to the workers when all they were doing was their job

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #116
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:

Ahh. Nah man, definitely not. I mean, what could one even say, can you please hammer quietly?

That last comment begs the question...umm, why have you seen Overboard?

Old 05-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #117
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Anybody ever watched Holmes on Holmes from HGTV? This guy fixes botched remodels, sometimes gutting the house, and shows you how to do it right. His attention to detail is incredible
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #118
RageATL
The Dude abides

Welp, the hot water heater started leaking last night...I swear, I can't catch a break lately.

Looks like another $1200 out of pocket, but at least I've gotten a decent amount of years (13) out of it's useful life when they usually last 8-12 years.

Last edited by RageATL; 05-17-2016 at 12:23 PM.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc