These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #41
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Ugh. We had to do that last year, the whole 'new system' thing. And thank god we did, I can't imagine having to get through this summer re-charging an AC system with my wife in her 3rd trimester. Not something you want to spend that kind of money on, but worth it when you do have to.
Welp, the HVAC guy just left...when he quoted me $4300 for a brand new system, I almost puked on him. They run a 21-month same as cash deal so around $200/month which isn't too bad. I know I'll make that up almost instantaneously in what I save over the current POS unit I have (approx. 29% per year), but still.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:57 PM   #42
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
The only thing more awful than home ownership is dealing with a landlord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #43
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

They aren't all bad.
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Our inspector gets there....we get there....nobody else shows (seller, seller's agent, our buyers agent) and the water is shut off so our guy only did as much as he could without the water....for now. Can't make this shit up.
I bought my house in 2011. The day of closing, I showed up with my realtor to the house for final walkthrough. No one showed up for seller. We called the office, no one knew where the selling realtor was or where the keys were. After literally 15 minutes of waiting around, I almost unconsciously played with the front porch window, and discovered it was unlocked. Promptly opened it up, climbed through, unlocked the door, and conducted our walkthrough.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #45
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
The only thing more awful than dealing with a landlord is dealing with tenants.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:53 AM   #46
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Moved into a new place....not handy whatsoever. Had our fridge delivered but they didn't hook up the water line because there was just a plastic tube sticking out that seemed to be capped off with caulking. Where do I go from there to get that functional?

Also, central air condensate pump installation, units in the basement....doesn't have a condensate pump, so it appears. You guys have any info on those and possible installation costs?

I've learned more in the last two days about this shit than I have in my life....but of course, it's a work in progress.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #47
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Also, central air condensate pump installation, units in the basement....doesn't have a condensate pump, so it appears. You guys have any info on those and possible installation costs?
My A/C guy installed one for me last summer, it cost a little over $100 for them to install it.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #48
ThememanXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
My A/C guy installed one for me last summer, it cost a little over $100 for them to install it.
Excellent, thanks. Just talked to the seller (a contractor who flipped the house), he said he'd take care of everything within a day or two and not to worry about it. Goddamn.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 05-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #49
RageATL
The Dude abides

Homeownership Tips

Just got a letter from Wells Fargo saying that they underestimated my escrow account by $1100 AND my mortgage is going up $50 provided I pay that full escrow amount in one payment. GRR. It's always something.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #50
BeaufordBuddy

I hate those annual escrow statements. They always seems to be fucking with my mortgage amount too.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #51
RageATL
The Dude abides

Homeownership Tips

Most of the time, I've been on the overage side of them but not this time. Not coincidentally, I received a notice from the Tax Commissioner that my property value increased $10K so I'm presuming that was the impetus behind this.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #52
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Just got a letter from Wells Fargo saying that they underestimated my escrow account by $1100 AND my mortgage is going up $50 provided I pay that full escrow amount in one payment. GRR. It's always something.
After speaking with Wells Fargo yesterday and finally getting a good explanation of why my escrow account was short, I had to drop them $1,100 out of pocket. AND I just filled up my leaky AC unit with $425 worth of freon after paying $560 to fill it up back in April...gotta love GA (almost) summers. The weather has been brutal lately, in the 90's with no relief in sight for at least the next 10 days. I haven't seen anything like this in a while halfway through June. SO, I also have a brand new HVAC system on the way in mid-July...getting it from a buddy who is licensed and the price is awesome, but still yet another $2,800 at this point is crushing my savings account.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #53
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
Most of the time, I've been on the overage side of them but not this time. Not coincidentally, I received a notice from the Tax Commissioner that my property value increased $10K so I'm presuming that was the impetus behind this.

Well wouldn't you know it. I also just received a property tax estimate saying my property value increased, to the tune of $14,000.

So I'm sure once the tax payment is made in November I'll get a notice from SunTrust informing me that my escrow is short. I mean I'm happy that my property value is increasing but can't there be a better way to predict this so I'm not always having to pay a shortage? This has happened every damn year since I first purchased the home.

Properties values on the rise, from Atlanta to Augusta.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #54
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
After speaking with Wells Fargo yesterday and finally getting a good explanation of why my escrow account was short, I had to drop them $1,100 out of pocket. AND I just filled up my leaky AC unit with $425 worth of freon after paying $560 to fill it up back in April...gotta love GA (almost) summers. The weather has been brutal lately, in the 90's with no relief in sight for at least the next 10 days. I haven't seen anything like this in a while halfway through June. SO, I also have a brand new HVAC system on the way in mid-July...getting it from a buddy who is licensed and the price is awesome, but still yet another $2,800 at this point is crushing my savings account.
It's been fucking miserable the past few days. Got in my car today and the outside temp read 106.

With 80-95% humidity on top of it, going outside should be illegal.

Fixing an inop AC is a tough expense to swallow but I'm sure you'll be enjoying every penny of it when you can escape Satan's ass crack of being outside.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #55
Aparker507

We got a letter that our escrow was short as well..... Although only 44 bucks. $100 to pay Friday for our ac unit not working. The problem? Ants. $100 for them to kill a few ants.
2003: Little Rock. 2005: Dallas. 2006: Dallas. 2007: Dallas. 2008: Dallas, Memphis. 2009: Dallas, Nashville, Little Rock. 2010: Dallas, Atlanta. 2012: Dallas. 2013: Southaven. 2014: Dallas. 2015: Rogers, WPBx2. 2016: Little Rock
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #56
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
Well wouldn't you know it. I also just received a property tax estimate saying my property value increased, to the tune of $14,000.

So I'm sure once the tax payment is made in November I'll get a notice from SunTrust informing me that my escrow is short. I mean I'm happy that my property value is increasing but can't there be a better way to predict this so I'm not always having to pay a shortage? This has happened every damn year since I first purchased the home.

Properties values on the rise, from Atlanta to Augusta.
Yep, totally. They run my escrow estimate in May and the property taxes are due in October hence no much money built up in that account in 5 short months so it's up to me to beef it up. While the message still sucked, the Wells Fargo rep I spoke with knew his stuff and explained it well...it isn't his fault, he said that they run escrow estimates for all of GA in May.

Yep, kinda nice to see my home rebound since back in 2011 it devalued all the way down to $100K from a purchase price of $155K back in 2002.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #57
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
It's been fucking miserable the past few days. Got in my car today and the outside temp read 106.

With 80-95% humidity on top of it, going outside should be illegal.

Fixing an inop AC is a tough expense to swallow but I'm sure you'll be enjoying every penny of it when you can escape Satan's ass crack of being outside.
DUDE, ridiculous. I've never seen a 10-day forecast showing all 90's this early into the season.

Umm yeah, needless to say we will be hanging meat in our house when that sucker is in and I'll use the energy savings on beer that I will just leave out on the counter cuz it'll be so cold in here.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #58
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
DUDE, ridiculous. I've never seen a 10-day forecast showing all 90's this early into the season.

Umm yeah, needless to say we will be hanging meat in our house when that sucker is in and I'll use the energy savings on beer that I will just leave out on the counter cuz it'll be so cold in here.
No end in sight to this heat and humidity. It's miserable. I can't imagine what late July and August are going to be like if it's already this hot.

Praying that my AC unit holds up throughout the season I need it most.

Speaking of AC, do you use a programmable thermostat(s) in your house? I've been thinking about getting the Nest for awhile now. GA Power actually offers a rebate on them. Helps make the cost more manageable. For right now I have two 7-day Honeywell programmable thermostats, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. I have a single unit but dual zone system. While they do help conserve costs of not having the AC run all the time I still think I might be able to save more with the Nest.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #59
ThememanXX

Quote:
needless to say we will be hanging meat in our house when that sucker is in and I'll use the energy savings on beer that I will just leave out on the counter cuz it'll be so cold in here.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 06-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #60
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
I have a 100+ year old house -- the air-conditioning is useless upstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc